Review Highlights
Funday with family

We had great time as a family today my kids are 10 and 5 it's good place to go for a winter... read more

Reviewed February 17, 2019
425haimh
New York City, New York
via mobile
Engaging, divrse for all age levels.

Liberty Science Center is one of the best science museums in the northeast. The touch tunnel is the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from $65.00
from $55.00
from $777.00
More Info
All reviews all ages touch tunnel imax theater older kids interactive exhibits year olds family membership rainy day great place for kids any age great exhibits lots of fun rock wall light rail hudson river hands cafeteria
Reviewed February 22, 2019 via mobile

Every few months I come to visit my grandson who lives in the area. This is our third or fourth time here within a year. It was crowded today and seemed a little bit dirty. But we always have a good time. I wish they would spend a little more time cleaning up since there are so many little fingers all over everything we still had a nice time

Reviewed February 18, 2019

We visited Liberty Science Center over President's Day weekend because it was on the way home from a visit with friends and because it would be free entry with our ASTC membership to another museum. Because of our membership, we have been to multiple science centers along the east coast and I expected to see the same exhibits you see everywhere. I was pleasantly surprised with Liberty Science Center! They had multiple floors with a variety of exhibits that held the kids' interests all day. And you can't beat those views! My son's favorite installation was the Dream Machine where he loved trying out the different sounds and listening to the cacophony. Of course, both kids loved the Infinity Climber and my daughter was proud of herself after conquering the Touch Tunnel. The new Lion Guard exhibit is cute, but very crowded, and clearly designed for the younger set. However, my kids enjoyed it nonetheless. I loved the Skyscraper exhibit - I found it very informative for adults and super fun for kids as they got to walk an I-beam! The best part, though were the experiments! In both the Microbes Rule! and Our Hudson Home, children can sign up to have a more individualized experience with science. They wear lab coats and with guidance from staff, recreate real-life experiments. It was a unique experience I haven't seen at other centers. Although we saw most of the areas, I can't wait to return in the warmer weather to take advantage of the outside animal challenge! Liberty Science Center is a must-see for families due to it's multiple engaging hands-on exhibits!

1  Thank Laura T
Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

We had great time as a family today my kids are 10 and 5 it's good place to go for a winter day
The place have bathroom in every floor and stuff is very helpful all over if you ask any questions.
You can bring food from home so you don't need to buy Food at the place
Take into consideration that the exhibit and the I Max movie theater is cost extra
Unless you buy acombine tickets
Parking cost $7 and a family of four is another 109$

Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

For kids this place is great, that's about it. It's like amusement park with kids running around screaming nonstop, but in a small space. Many exhibits were broken or otherwise not working. It was hard to enjoy, certainly not worth the money. I wouldn't come back and wouldn't recommend it to adults.

Reviewed January 29, 2019 via mobile

Last time I went to LSC was over ten years ago. I have very fond memories. However, I feel the center has become very sloppy in layout. It feels more like an overpriced indoor playground for very young children rather than a science center.

Date of experience: January 2019