“Murder me at the Prom Mystery Dinner at Sanai”

The Murder Mystery Company in New Jersey
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking to Solve the Case of the Perfect Party?Here's a clue! The Murder Mystery Company is the nation's most popular, interactive, mystery troupe.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Do not waste your money on the "gold circle" seating ! I paid extra to wave pom poms one time during the "performance"-& get a picture- that was what the "gold circle" seating was for.
The seats were so tight my Mom's seat back was against another seat back.
There is no stage- there really is no performance- It is really corny acting. You have to try & figure it out- but the audience talks so loud (extremy loud) during the important parts- you cant hear and therefore it is very fustrating. At at the end you really dont care "who did it" you just want to leave !
I caught a server stealing & eating a french fry from someone's plate before he served it...enough said.
Save your money and see a Broadway Production.

2  Thank sonya s

Reviewed May 1, 2013

My 16 year daughter has always talked about going to a murder mystery dinner.So I lucked up and found a great rate for 2 tickets at the Sanai Resturant offered by Groupon.I ordered them immediately and started to get our accessories for the 50's theme. We got to the resturant and alot of ppl was in costume.This is great I am thinking we aren't the only ones dressed up.The greeter was the Prinicipal LOL Music from the 50's was playing. We were shown our seats and then went to take pictures.(a mug shot) very cute and creative. We sat at the Gold Circle and there are a few perks when you sit there. Our table consisted of the Cool Kids and named the Jabrories.Every table has a few suspects and each table is given a clue book.In between courses you are to go around the room and interrogate the other suspects and get clues.All while the performers are still performing.Taking notes and conversing with your tablemates about the murder. At the end of the night the crime was solved. All of the tables were to write down who they thought did the crime and motive.Our table guessed who the killer was 1St and we won.The only thing is drinks weren't included with our deal or the appetizers.Of course we left a nice tip. Had a ball and cant wait until the next one that starts May 24th.

3  Thank staceywright88
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had the wonderful opportunity to deal with the Murder Mystery Company's professional and pleasant staff. I had heard that the dinner show was amazing and so I had sought out tickets for my school's fundraiser. The people I spoke with were very helpful and accommodating. Whoever wins this amazing prize at my tricky tray will enjoy a great night out!

2  Thank Linda M
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Boring. Main entree was just OK. Dessert was apparently half baked. Staff was indifferent, arrogant at times. Actors were OK. Managed to pull it. Although there wasn't much scope for them. There wasn't any stage performance. NONE at all..
They pick people from audience to play most of the characters.. And expect audience to interact with the real actors and these characters from audience, to determine who did the murders.
After a long of day of work, I paid you to lighten it up for, not the other way.. Telling me to walk around, talk to strangers, and solve the mystery .
And did I say there was NO stage performance?
It was a groupon deal. Had a an average return..
Will NOT recommend to anyone.

3  Thank EkLife
See more reviews
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The whole show was very disorganized. We stood in a long line and waited for a mandatory photo. Then we were seated and moved again 5 minutes later to make room for a larger party. You sit on top of each other. Our order was NEVER taken. I flagged down a waiter to order drinks and they never came, so I had to walk down to the bar during the show and get my own drinks. The pasta was cold, very cold. And it was blah. We walked out after about 2 hours. Waste of $60.

4  Thank squirrelly2000