1,260 results
All reviews journal square new york path station airport shuttle free breakfast little india free shuttle yogurt indian food minute walk double bed parking garage room was large comfortable stay visiting nyc world trade center times square
Selected filters
Reviewed April 19, 2019

After reading lot of mixed reviews, went ahead and booked this hotel for my 2 day new york trip with family.

What i liked
=========
1. Staff is courteous enough to help and provide map.
2. Very close to Journal square station.
3. Rooms are spacious.
4. Parking place is just a block away on Magnolia road.
5. Lot of option for Indian food in near by market. Rasoi restaurant even delivered to hotel(Food was average though).
6. Morning breakfast is quite good.
7. Beds were comfortable and had good sleep.

Wish-list
=======
1. Wish if could have had disable friendly ramp/door on entrance(Had to pick kid stroller and enter).
2. Wish could have had complimentary water bottles in room on arrival.
3. Wish if hotel had some good interiors.

A Big NO
=======
1. Read reviews about cockroaches found in room - And actually it turns out to be true. Found one alive in bathroom! {Clicked a picture but not posting it}
2. Read reviews about could hear Noise from rooms - Its true but manageable
3. Another review about "Heating doesn't work' - True, but if you set it to "Auto", it does work up-to some extent.
4. Locality is quite old and not well lit up. don't think you can roam around in late evening/night.

Revisit hotel?
==========
With family, i don't think so. Would probably look for better option and keep this as last option.

Stayed from 15 Apr-17 Apr 2019.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank mevivs
Reviewed April 8, 2019

This hotel is in a secluded area of journal square but its in the middle of everything. Food entertainment and a short walk to train access to NYC. In historical journal square this hotel is perfect for travelers.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed April 5, 2019

My first time in Jersey City., but we will be back and stay here. This hotel seems so very well managed in every aspect. There are some great local businesses for visitors like a bakery, produce markets restaurants. and a welcoming yoga studio. My room was quiet at night, you could open the windows for fresh air, spotless, lots of breakfast options, thoughtful staff. Convenient to PATH station. Lots of families, and travelers from all over the world.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed April 4, 2019

My 15 y/o daughter and I were 1st time visitors to NJ/NY. I am so Thankful that I selected Ramada Inn, Jersey City. EVERYONE was so nice/helpful and went above and beyond to make our trip great! I had always heard that folks from NJ and NY were not very nice to visitors, and I must disagree with that! Hotel staff took time to walk outside with me to show me where the parking garage was, since I was not familiar with the area. They took time to draw out maps and help me with subway routes, and when they could sense my confusion, they would walk with me out the door, and show me where i needed to go. They answered and helped when I had questions regarding restaurants, attractions, the path train etc. The Ramada Inn was very clean, and the room was very spacious. The Path Train (Journal Square) is less than 2 blocks from the hotel, and very easy walk to. There are many places to eat and shop within a block to 2 block radius. We are already planning a trip back, and we will be staying at the Ramada Inn again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Shazzli M, General Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2019

Dear firsttime,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience during your stay at our Ramada by Wyndham JC. I'm delighted to know you have enjoyed your stay with us and the recognition to our Team Ramada.On behalf of our team, we look forward to welcome you back with us on your next visit!

Reviewed March 31, 2019

I usually give reviews to give positive experiences. Unfortunately, this review is for the OPPOSITE reason. I stayed at this location because it was near a conference I was attending and it got some fairly good reviews as well as awful ones. I tend to be an optimistic person so I was hopeful that the bad reviews were over the top. I was wrong!
Upon checking in and entering my room, only one dim light was working upon entering. The other lights and the 2 tv's were not working. I thought perhaps the plugs were not connected so I checked all around and even in back of the table next to the couch. I was SHOCKED and terrified when I found a propane gas tank hidden behind the table next to the couch. I immediately called the front desk and they said they would send someone soon to check on the lights and tv. I waited around 15 minutes but then I had to leave because I scared to stay there. I left the hotel and thought the service person would fix everything and then I would go back. When I arrived back about 1/2 later, nothing was done. I called the front desk and they said someone came to my room but because I didn't answer he left and went home for the day. I would now need to wait a few hrs for the next repairman to come. 2 1/2 hrs later he came. He was very upset as well and called the desk to see if I could move my room. He took me to the room next door and it was even worse. Smelly like no one had been in there for a long time, just as dark and dingy . He got the lights and tv working so I just stayed where I was because they said they couldn't move me to a better room because of how much I paid for it. The repairman was very upset about the propane tank and said he had no answer as to why it was there. Needless to say, I stayed up most of the night with one eye open. I honestly can't believe this type of place even exists. The lobby upon entering the hotel was fair but it is only a disguise fr what is to come. The next morning when I asked to speak with a manager, I was told nothing could be done to compensate me for anything!
Please, do yourself a favor and find another place to stay. I have pics on my phone but I am writing this review on my laptop and didn't sync them yet.

Room tip: The view from my room which was in the front of the hotel, faced a private home with Machinery in front lawn.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Shazzli M, General Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2019

Dear Elyse,

My sincere apology for any inconvenience during your stay with us back in February. "Totally unlike us" and extremely unusual for our housekeeping team and our room inspector not to report objects that are left behind from our previous guests.

We strive to deliver a memorable experience to each and every guest regardless of the booking engine or the price they pay. Most of our guests, both domestic and international, are repeat guests and our team are trained to go above and beyond to deliver the best of hospitality. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back, I'm confident we will earn a 5 star review. Please feel free to contact me, it will be my pleasure to personally serve you!