“You'll regret ever booking at this hotel!!!! Dirty, bugs, [--] stained bed”
Review of Ramada Jersey City

Ramada Jersey City
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Jersey City
Reviewed July 28, 2008

First of all, the hotel was located in a very very bad neighbourhood. Dingy hotel that really is in need of renovations. The room has a very bad musky moldy smell to them that became really bothersome when you try to sleep. Let's not forget to mention how dirty the room was when we first entered it. The maid service did a poor job at cleaning the room from whoever stayed the night before. The first thing we noticed when we got into the room was the bad smell, and then the [--] stain on top of the bed comforter. That really disgusted me and my boyfriend as we would be sleeping in this particular bed tonight. We then discovered there was still hairs in the bed sheets, obviously they sheets were not changed. We then came upon the washroom that had mold and mildew building up in the shower stall, particularly in the corners of the shower walls, the facets and shower head. After we were in shock of discovering this mess of a room we immediately call down to the front desk to complain about the cleanliness of the room. They sent up the maid who then fixed up the room for us. When we got back we saw the shower had been scrubbed down but the comforter with the [--] stain was still there, the sheets were changed as well. I called down to the front desk to inform them of the tainted comforter still hasn't been replaced. They apologized once again and sent the lady back up to replace it. I then went to take a shower and the shower head wasn't working properly. I was getting fed up and didn't want to call the front desk once again so I just sucked it up and had a semi cold shower since the hot water wasn't that strong and the water pressure horrible.

Me & my BF went out to Manhattan for a a night out. The hotel is conveniently located near PATH which is a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel. This takes you to Manhattan in about 20 minutes.

We got back to the hotel at about 2:30am to have our whole floor stink of cigarette smoke. The smell came into our room and this is supposed to be a non-smoking room and I presume all the rooms on our floor were non-smoking as well.

We then fall asleep only to be disturbingly awaken at about 3:30am by so much noise from two people screaming & swearing at each other and banging things loudly on our floor. They wouldn't shut the hell up!!! It was sooo LOUD & Disturbing. We called down to the front desk to complain, I guess other hotel patrons complained as well since they told us on the phone they already knew of the situation. But it was obvious they still didn't do anything to stop the situation. These two went at it for a good hour until someone from the front desk came up to the floor and threatened to call the police & kick them out of the hotel if they didn't shut up. We finally got more peace and quiet at about 4:30-4:45. We finally fell back asleep and then we get waken up at about 6am by one of the hotels cleaning staff vacuuming at such an early time. I was sooooo [--]!!!! We got about 2-3 hours of sleep max. Is this really supposed to be comfort? like the hotel claims it is.

The complimentary breakfast was alright, nothing special.

The next night we ran into the problem of some little pests. Found two cockroaches in our washroom.

Liked: Close to PATH, that's about it. The complimentary breakfast was decent as well

Disliked: Dried up [--] stain on bed comforter, Shady area hotel is located in, cockroaches, smoke, crazy low life patrons at this hotel, dirtiness of hotel room, bad smell in the room, shower stall not cleaned well, hot water problems, beds hard like a rock, the prostitutes we saw in the area

You'll definitely save money by staying at this hotel instead of spending a fortune in Manhattan but at what price will you trade in the low cost dingy ramada limited for something a bit more expensive? Make your decision wisely!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank christina1982
Write a ReviewReviews (1,156)

Reviewed July 23, 2008

Not clean. Not a safe area. Horrible.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2008

We have stayed at the Ramada Jersey City twice now and haven't had any problems at all. Both times the room was very clean - no bugs, bad smells, etc. The room was very spacious and included a walk-in closet, separate kitchen area and private bath.

The front desk staff is very nice and is more than willing to help with directions and questions about the area.

As far as previous reviews mentioning the hotel being in a sketchy area, I didn't get that feeling at all. We walked from the hotel to the PATH station at all different times of the day and night and didn't feel unsafe at all.

Given the amenities this hotel includes for the price you pay, I don't think you can beat it.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rebecca1184
Reviewed January 30, 2008

At check out time they gave me a final bill. Next day they posted more amount to my credit card for next day also.

They are saying they have done this because i have checked out after the checkout time. They have no information stored in their database for my checkout time.

Very bad management. Bugs, room cleaning is not proper.

Maintainence people will understand English. Bath shovers are not working good. One day when it didn't work in my room.

Paying this much $ 113, you will definitely get good ones. So my suggestion is stay away from this kind of fellows.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank venub
Reviewed January 19, 2008

I went to the Ramada Limited last November. The price is actually low compared to other hotels in the area and the location is perfect, just a few minutes by walk from the PATH. The room was clean, but there was a very bad smell, which was always there during the 2 nights that we spent there. We could not really open the window to ventilate the room, because there was no net and it gave directly on the fire escape, which would have allowed anyone to enter into the room. The breakfast was good, but the place was overcrowded: we had to eat standing up. The staff was correct. By day, the distance between the hotel and the PATH seems very safe, but my girlfriend would not have done it alone by night.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bioman43
Reviewed November 16, 2007

I stayed for 5 nights at this hotel.

Journal Sqare Station (PATH line) is a 5-min walking distance
from the hotel.
Path takes you to Lower - 33 St. in 15-20 mins.
Even if you stay at a hotel in Manhattan, you have to take subways to go to downtown/uptown of manhattan anyway.
So why not take Path and go across Hudson River
from Jersey City ? ($1.5 one way)

There is nothing to complain about the hotel itself.
Room is spacious. free wireless, microwave, fridge,
free breakfast, helpful front desk, free airport shuttle
from P4 Station of Newark Airport Skytrain ($40 worth if you take a taxi),

The area around this hotel is not like Upper East...
you know what I mean here...
But you dont need to worry to walk to/from Journal Square Station
as you walk through shopping street at night.

All in all, I believe I made a right choice to stay at this hotel
at $126 plus tax. I dont say it s a bargain, but you could
spend your extra money for something else like
shopping or having a nice dinner in Manhattan, cause you would pay at least $200+tax for a hotel in Manhattan.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2007

The place is ok. I did'nt have any problems at the hotel but its located in a rather shady location. Although its very close to PATH. I would recommend it over the cheap hotels in upper west side manhattan.

Stayed: September 2007