“What a classy hotel!”

Hyatt Regency Jersey City
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Jersey City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This was my third time returning with my husband. We go to get away from the real world and just relax. The view is very romantic as well. Every staff member I spoke with was very polite. The smell of this hotel always smells like you're walking into a spa. This hotel also pays close attention to detail in regards to amazing food and decoration. My husband and I will continue to check into this hotel for years to come!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Very clean, spacious rooms. Staff was friendly. Provided whatever we needed. Great Venue for a get together. The cocktail room had a beautiful view of the city skyline. Great for pictures. Enjoyed my stay and the venue. Would definitely recommend to whoever is planning a party here.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Very poor internet connection in the room. I booked the Taxi but it didn't show up on time. The bed is not good. The overall service cannot match its price. Other hotels nearby are better. Is it real Hyaat brand?

1  Thank Raymond Q
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Simply, I would not pay that much for that room if it were my own money. The only reason I stay at the Hyatt in Jersey City is it's the most conveniently located hotel to my client. Sure, the rooms are nice, but they have issues, like plumbing that's not properly affixed to the wall. The rooms are really not any nicer than you get at a Courtyard or Doubletree, but it's priced as a premium room. I guess the difference is you get views of Manhattan, IF you really crank your neck and press you head against the window.

1  Thank S T B
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stay here every year with our offshore race team for the offshore races in September. We frequent many of the Hyatts on the east coast and this one is especially popular with the team. We came to this facility with our special needs daughter who has Juvenile Arthritis to take advantage of the PATH into Manhattan the weekend before our cruise with Royal Caribbean leaving from the port of Bayonne. Needless to say we were disappointed that the PATH was closed that weekend and in fact every weekend in 2014 and we were not informed. With all the snow and the recent storm the Grove Street station was not an option. In addition thought it would be nice to treat my wife and my 3 daughters to a Valentines dinner at the hotel restaurant that Saturday evening only to find there were no tables available. My kids had in room dinning and my wife and it went to the bar to enjoy a meal and a local couple sat next to us and after some small talked bragged that they were only here because of the cheap parking. I inquired about whether they had a reservation as they had mentioned the liberty steakhouse for fine dinning they said no but when the rest of their party arrived they were promptly seated for dinner. Needless to say this was also very disappointing. To top all of this off, although we have rooms with a marvelous view and my kids have a room with a balcony I am typing this now as we were all awaken by a raucous party on an adjacent floor. It took over an hour for security to respond and now since we are departing early everyone is having trouble getting back to sleep. I'd like to constructively criticize but the oversight by your staff to mention the PATH closure or offer alternatives and the dinner reservation incident along with the excessive noise after midnight has left all of use unnerved about staying at a Hyatt again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank William A
HyattJerseyCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

William A,

This certainly is not the type of experience anyone should have had to experience staying at a hotel, but especially with us since we strive to exceed all of our guests' expectations. Please contact me directly so we can dicuss this further at megan.gederian@hyatt.com I truly hope to hear back from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Megan Gederian

Reviewed February 25, 2014

The view from our room was outstanding, the staff was exceptional and super accommodating, the food and atmosphere was stellar. We are looking forward to our next booking at this hotel. We usually book overnights in NYC but booking at the Hyatt gave us a phenomenal view of the skyline. Cant be beat!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The walls are paper thin and you can clearly hear the neighbors next door. Watch out for the breakfast buffet... they charge for both the hot buffet and the cold buffet separately which are a couple of feet from each other and appear as one breakfast buffet. Eat from hot and cold and the price doubles. Room smelled like smoke even though it was a non smoking room.

1  Thank Gregg L
#1 of 2 in Hoboken
Courtyard Jersey City Newport
Courtyard Jersey City Newport
#5 of 14 in Jersey City

Been to Hyatt Regency Jersey City? Share your experiences!