WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersSilver level
Modesto, California
“Amazing view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights. The view was none other than amazing. I have always preferred the Westin hotel lines, I chose. The this Hyatt because the path train to NYC is right out the door, wich was a must because I took my 86 yr old mother and its so convenient to get into manhattan. The views are like none other, we had the view of the manhattan skyline it was the WOW factor. The beds were comfy, the rooms clean, towels were definitely worn and old, for the price they should be plush. The staff was very friendly everywhere. Our room lock was broken one night we were locked out for about 30 mins. The engineering dept came and Simo took very good care of us, very nice man. They apologized profusely and he would not even take a tip from me. He came back with a complementary breakfast certificate instead. We were very pleased with service.
We had cocktails at VU, be prepared for $15 per drink, and slow service at lounge. We got to the restaurant late one night about 10 and had soup and wine, the soup was delicious but the amount was like 6 oz for $9.
I needed to get to the Stanley theater in Jersey city and asked for a transportation they sent an SUV with a vey rude driver it cost $25. I took a cab back for $10. They quoted me $92 to take me to Newark airport, I called another company (A1) it was $57. The concierge was way too busy never used them, and I'm glad I didn't they charge xtra for everything. The service was excellent they want you to be happy. Mohammad the our waiter was wonderful to my mother and I he offered water to go, which was very thoughtful. Ana at the front desk also very friendly.
Overall I loved my experience at this hyatt. I would return because of the service, view, and the Path train.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Circleville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel has an unbelievable view of the Manhattan skyline. The entrance to the Subway Path is steps away and we were in NYC in 4 min.
The staff let us check in at 10:45 am because the room was ready, so we were able to park the car there, spend the at in NY, and come back to a relaxing, quiet atmosphere. There is a boardwalk area that We walked right outside the hotel where we could take unbelievable shots of the skyline and Statue of Liberty.
Staff treated us so well. Wonderful experience. Better than staying IN NYC!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Very nice room, awesome breakfast, great gym, clean bathroom, over price, but a SPECTACULAR view of Manhattan, right next to the train o 10min from NYC, I recommand but try to deal price. My Harley was safely parked, thank you

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Jersey City for my best friends wedding. The location is excellent. The Path station is just outside of the property. The views of the Manhattan skyline are beautiful. The hotel is located near lot of corporate companies but there is not much to do in Jersey City.

The rooms were spacious! We found the staff at the lobby to be very friendly. The breakfast buffet is very good,

Wonderful location, great service, and super fun wedding.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Agent1126
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I loved the place. The rooms were big, clean. Had an excellent view of Manhattan, from my window. But then, with Hyatt, you can't expect anything else. The Wifi Coverage was good everywhere. Last but not the least, the location is a big plus. Shall certainly visit again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dryden, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our 1st year anniversary, a coworker suggested it to me rather than staying in NYC. I was worried about transportation and was unfamiliar with NJ area. Well, I worried for nothing. Not only is this a Hyatt hotel and is held up to the high standards Hyatt hotels are known for, but the location is awesome, PATH train is feet steps away and brings you up into World Trade area, only a 5-7 min. wait. We had bad weather one day and decided to eat in at their restaurant, it was a little pricey, but the food and the views out the window made up for it. It is a very romantic setting. As for the rooms, they were spacious, unlike in NY, and the beds were the best I ever had in any hotel. We are going back next month, can't wait!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I had booked a stay here for one night. We're both Platinum members and the day prior to check-in, the hotel's VIP Coordinator emailed us asking if there was anything we needed. We said that we'd love an upgrade if one was available, since we had actually gotten married at the hotel a few years ago, and have super fond memories of the place (we used to live in Jersey City and up until we moved away to Texas, we had dinner at Vu every anniversary).

We were astounded when we received an upgrade to the Hudson River Suite. The room looked fantastic (and very different from when we stayed at the bridal suite, and that itself was already beautiful) -- great views of the Manhattan skyline, Statue of Liberty, Verrazano Bridge and, of course, the Hudson River. The room's decor was modern, and plenty spacious (helpful since we had our 15-month old kid with us).

Other pros of the hotel:

- Right by the PATH station so it's a no-brainer if you want high quality with city convenience
- Great service - everyone we encountered had a terrific attitude
- Shower pressure (really important to me) was perfect

I can't really find anything to complain about, so thanks to Yvonne and the whole team there. It was truly a wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HyattJerseyCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jersey City, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
DGNYC73,

What a lovely surprise you had! I hope you had a memorable anniversary and we look forward to seeing you next year!

Best,

4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,101 reviews
The Holland Hotel
The Holland Hotel
#4 of 13 in Jersey City

Been to Hyatt Regency Jersey City? Share your experiences!