Hyatt Regency Jersey City
$237
Westin.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Holland Hotel(Jersey City)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Room Service
$148
HIExpress.com
3,007 results
All reviewsvu restaurantstatue of libertyhudson rivermanhattan skylinepath trainnew yorkgreat viewlower manhattanthe world trade centerfreedom towerright next doorexchange place pathhotel is beautifulvalet parkingwater taxithe empire state buildingthe financial district
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I had requested an early check in due to my flight arriving in the early morning. I arrived at the hotel and was "blown away" by the wonderful reception staff. My room was ready, breakfast was organised and my wake up call later that morning was done as requested. The hotel concierge was superb and all the information was spot on and made my visit to Manhattan amazingly easy. The bar staff were great fun and made my last night at the hotel so much fun! The staff overall were very friendly and never short of a smile. The lady in the gift shop was super and helped organise my transport to the airport at a better rate than the hotel could.
The room I had overlooked the city and was large,clean and extremely comfortable!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Jessica S
HyattJerseyCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Jessica S,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review from your recent stay! We are very pleased to hear that you were blown away from all the interactions you had with our staff from multiple departments. From our charismatic front desk, efficient call center, entertaining bar staff, knowledgeable concierge and helpful gift shop attendants we truly are lucky to have such a wonderful team that works so well together. Everyone greatly appreciates your kind words and we hope you visit us again during this new year!

Best,

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed solo at this Hyatt on Christmas weekend. Christmas weekend is always an affordable time to stay in the area and I got a great rate on a nice room here.

Unfortunately, the Path train was shut at 10:00 pm. Not the hotel's fault, of course, but if the Path train is running, the stop is basically right next to the hotel. It would have been very convenient! Good thing I had a car and was able to drive into the city.

There is a valet parking service for the hotel guests which is very convenient but a touch expensive. However, you can call down to them from your room and give them your ticket number and they will have your car pulled up and ready when you leave.

The escalators were not working when I visited. There is a slow-moving elevator past them, in the corner, I didn't realize this at first and lugged my luggage up the stairs. Better signage might work.

Check-in was simple and quick, the front desk clerk was very helpful and nice. I requested a quiet room and he ensured I had a quiet room. Easy!

The lobby is pretty, clean, nicely decorated for Christmas. The Vu Lounge was classy with a nice western view of NY Harbor and a beautiful sunset when I was there. I ordered a drink to bring to my room, and it was huge! I think they gave me a double.

I did NOT eat in the restaurant or order room service.

The room itself was much larger than I expected! There was a nice couch with a reading lamp, a nice partial view of the city, a flat screen TV, a rather large bathroom. Everything was clean. The bed was soft and fluffy. The pillows were a little small, but piled together they did the job. I slept well, didn't hear anything, I was at the end of a hallway away from the elevator and ice machines.

Beware: the soaps/shampoos/lotions smell TERRIBLE! They are a "white ginger" scent but it smells like cotton candy. I dislike the smell of sugar, I can't imagine any men staying here would enjoy the scent and possibly not many women either. I actually went and purchased some small toiletries at a drugstore after my first night because I couldn't stand the smell of that soap! Otherwise, it was a good stay, and that is a minor complaint. Also, due to the Path train being shut down, I would have probably elected to stay in Manhattan to make traveling a bit easier.

Room Tip: I asked for what I wanted (a quiet room) and they accommodated me. Just ask - I'm sure they will do what they can to get you exactly what you want!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
HyattJerseyCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

1987porsche944,

We truly appreciate you for taking the time to provide us with such a positive detailed review! I am pleased to hear that you chose us for your accommodations over your Christmas weekend. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our Christmas decorations and had such a pleasant check-in experience. Hurricane Sandy did present us with some challenges which is why the escalator was not functioning and why the PATH currently is closing at 10PM however, I am happy to report that we do have an escalator up and running now! Later this year, we actually will be switching over to a new brand of soaps, shampoos and lotions which I am sure will please our guests. We hope you return to our hotel soon and next time you will have to experience our Vu Restaurant!

Best Wishes for the New Year,

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This had to be the best hotel experience that we've ever had as a family. From the front desk to concierge to housekeeping, the service was top-notch. We only stayed two nights but they were great. If at all possible, request the rooms with the balcony and view. Ours had the most beautiful skyline view possible in the New York area at a decent price. A big plus is that the PATH is next door! A five minute trip to Manhattan that ends at the World Trade Center. The hotel also has a great fitness room and indoor pool. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are huge and have incredible views.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

themoorestore,

It is simply wonderful to see statements such about how your family had the best hotel experience. This is what we strive for and to know we exceeded your expectations is amazing! We would like to thank you for your review and hope that you return in the near future! Please let us know when you do. For all the reasons you provided you are correct in that, you won't regret it!

Best Wishes for the New Year,

Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband made a week's reservation at the Hyatt Regency Hudson back in spring. I was witness to the conversation when he asked questions, inquired about the rooms and pricing. He was assured a Manhattan Sky King for around $1400. We booked it and we were ready to pay for it on the spot when they told him that he would pay after the week's end in upcoming trip in December. When we got to the Hyatt, we were frayed and tired but the warm welcome and temporary home made it better. After breakfast on the second day, we wanted to pay for the week's rate to get the bill over with when the lady at the front desk told us it would be over $2,000 dollars. I have no words to describe my reaction and the expression on my face. There was, had to, be a mistake. We scrambled to look for any emails or hotel confirmations made back in spring, but to no avail. We spoke to the manager and she said that she would downgrade our room to adjust the original price. The manager said the only difference would be the view and the wheelchair accessibility in the bathroom. I was beyond anger, disappointment and offended. I know what room and price my husband had settled on back in spring because we were ready to pay for it. Instead of spending the day in Jersey and NYC as we planned, we scrambled to look for a new, temporary home. We found one: The Days Inn. They (Days Inn)were accommodating and empathetic. That night at the Hyatt, instead of dining, we were repacking our things. The next morning, we went to the front desk to check out. The same girl who told us our total, told us we had to give a 24 cancellation notice and there would be a charge. I could not believe that they were going to slap on another charge. I told her that it was very clear that we were blindsided by the inflated price yesterday and we were not happy at all. Thereafter, she was not pleasant, she was not kind but callous and uncaring. Someone called the manager, the same lady who downgraded our room, and she said she would give us the original room for the original price we had back in spring. Why she couldn't have offered this the day before baffles us? We spent the entire day looking for hotels and now, she tells us we could have our original room for the original price? Warning: Double check the pricing before you settle down and unpack your bags. Or better yet, look for something else. The Hyatt Regency Hudson deceives, cons, cheats, defrauds decent people.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Genevieve1115
HyattJerseyCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Genevieve1115,

It displeases me to hear that you had a frustrating experience. Hyatt prides itself in providing guests with a memorable stay and exceeding their expectations so I would like for you to contact me directly regarding your stay so that we can further discuss it. Please contact me at megan.gederian@hyatt.com and I hope to hear from you soon.

Respectfully,

Reviewed December 26, 2012

It was a family trip for us, and the hotel was perfect! Nice room with a great view on the skyline !The room was clean and very nice. The beds were comfortable. Dinner was expensive, but this is the Hyatt! The lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful, This is a hotel with a Valet Parking, but the service is A+. We took our carb but there is a Path train entrance near the Hotel. We will definetely go back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
HyattJerseyCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Oceanbleue,

Thank you for submitting such a wonderful review! It is pleasing to hear that you found our hotel "perfect" and that our valet service was worthy of an "A+"! Our staff truly appreciates the wonderful feedback.

It is nice to hear that you plan to come back to our hotel and we hope that it is soon. Contact me directly at megan.gederian@hyatt.com when you plan to return!

We wish you the best for 2013!

In the Spirit of Hospitality,