Hyatt Regency Jersey City
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Pool
Conrad New York(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Holland Hotel(Jersey City)
View Hotel
New York Marriott Downtown(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
2,974 results
All reviewsvu restaurantstatue of libertyhudson rivermanhattan skylinepath trainnew yorkgreat viewlower manhattanthe world trade centerfreedom towerright next doorexchange place pathhotel is beautifulvalet parkingwater taxithe empire state buildingthe financial district
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Who knew when I made my reservation that Sandy would be rolling into town! I was only there for one night ... but what a night it was! Checked in Sunday October 28 knowing that a storm of some sort was expected but unsure if it would be as bad as predicted or if, yet again, news reporters were hyping it all up! I was greeted by THE most pleasant and welcoming front desk reception! After proper check in procedures we chatted about the storm and questions were answered thoroughly and ... pleasantly! Preparation was well underway for pending storm and (because I asked someone at some point) I discovered that staff were there for duration for safety and care of guests AND for their safety as well! All staff that I encountered (check in, restaurant, valet parking, breakfast buffet) were pleasant and I honestly felt "cared for" ... and I knew that each staff person who was speaking to me so pleasantly and with a genuine smile on their face would not be seeing their home for several days if the storm was as bad as predicted. Not one staff member complained, looked like they would rather be somewhere else (like home!) or appeared not to care. I don't know how this property has done it, but they have hired an impressive staff. Kudos to this Hyatt property! Their staff kept me (and all guests) safe, informed at all times and vary well cared for! Amenities are nice, a fantastic view is, well, fantastic but a great staff is what REALLY makes the difference in a stay anywhere.

Now a bit about the property: Room was perfect. What a view into Manhattan! Love the Hyatt beds! The room was spotless and nicely decorated. Watching the tug boats pull up the Hudson River on Monday morning with waves crashing over them (will post photo later) was unnerving and told me it was time to check out ... early ... which I did. My departure time was perfect, as things started shutting down (Holland Tunnel) shortly after I left and parts of 95N closed after I had made my way through heading north.

I hope that the Hotel did not suffer too much damage and that all staff and guests were safe. I KNOW that they were well cared for! I truly look forward to a return to this property ... will be adding a request for a storm-free weekend to the next reservation though!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LifesAnAdventure216
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We just stayed at this hotel for a wedding and found it very pleasing -- attentive service, beautiful room, fair value, and excellent use of technology to keep us informed and served. The stellar views were a real highlight!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2012

if you put on GPS their address as seen on website 2 Exchange Place you will be misguided over RR tracks. Path is right next to hotel, hope it is working, NYC is a mess right now I would call, great views, liked the young man who checked us in Brian the evening of Oct. 26, Our waiter from USA but recently returned, thin young black man who is an American citizen at restaurant was excellent; good service, great views...

Room Tip: high floor facing water away from elevator you do get what you pay for !
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed here for one night while on a business trip. Valet parking was friendly and efficient. Bellmen, front desk staff, and room service were all excellent...very personable, especially William the black guy at check-in...he was so polite, professional, and helpful. The room was well-appointed and spacious, but best of all were the views of Manhattan and the Hudson waterfront from the room (see my photos). The restaurant was also very good, with good service and reasonably good food. Price was OK but the taxes kill you! Best about this hotel are the location and staff. I would return in a heartbeat...and will bring my wife with me next time!

Room Tip: Ask for views of Manhattan and the Hudson River
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2012

What can I say, another Hyatt property that has exceeded all expectations and more. The hotel is situated on the Hudson River overlooking all of Manhattan and Financial District. The views are breathtaking and the ambiance is equally refreshing and modern.

From check-in through the entire trip, my experience was excellent with every staff person I came in contact. The rooms are excellent. I was upgraded to a suite (due to my Diamond status) and the suite was located on the 5th floor with a direct view of downtown NY. The room was ample in space and decorated very nicely and comfortable. The bed was also equally comfy and relaxing at bed time. I looked forward to going to bed each night.

Room service was excellent and it was also nice to talk to the same order takers each day at varying times per day. The food quality was very consistent and tasty as well. Being on a restricted diet, the room service department was very accommodating with my requests for food preparation and other requests.

Now the even better part. There was one employee in particular that made my stay even more exciting and enjoyable. Her name is Yvonne Yip. Yvonne is the VIP coordinator for this Hyatt property. Yvonne embodies all the excellent qualities that a person should have when working in the hospitality industry. Yvonne listens to her guests, provides assistance as needed, provides recommendations for entertainment, shopping and other needs. Any time I had a request, I was able to call upon Yvonne and she immediately responded and provided outstanding service. I am happy to say that I will definitely return to this property in the future.

The hotel is in a great location as well. Situated at Exchange Place in Jersey City right next door to the PATH station and steps away from Paulus Hook if you need to catch the ferry. The waterfront has a walkway that actually stretches from the hotel all the way to Hoboken and you can walk the entire distance as well.

To the hotel management - Yvonne is an employee I would never want to lose from your property. Other employees should learn from her style and experience and her overall performance in providing guests with the "Hyatt Experience".

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business