“Happy Hour Happiness”

Ranked #201 of 622 Restaurants in Jersey City
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hudson St
Transit: Directly next to the Exchange Place Path.. Exchange Place light-rail drop off
Description: Markers Restaurant is located on the Waterfront in the Harborside Financial Center, Jersey City, New Jersey. Since 1989, Markers Restaurant and Markers Express have been a mainstay of the Jersey City financial district, serving breakfast, lunch, happy hour and dinner Monday through Friday. Markers is located at the south entrance to the world-class Harborside Financial Center, on the Jersey City waterfront, directly across from lower Manhattan. Sometimes referred to as "Wall Street West", the bustling business and financial district is easily accessible by car or train from Newark, Hoboken and New York City. Harborside Financial Center is just steps from the Exchange Place PATH station, and is also the site of a station on the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail, the first modern light rail transportation system to be built in New Jersey in 50 years.
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We asked about Happy Hour specials & were directed to the bar & bar booths. Drink specials were outstanding-cocktails for $5, draft beer for $3, appetizers $5-$6. We had the chicken sliders (3) & the nachos (meatless) which were the perfect portions. There was a good crowd at the bar while we sat in the booth. There were not enough bartenders so we ordered everything at the bar, then it was delivered to our booth. The food was very good & a great value. The cocktails seemed to be quite weak as I ended up having 5 or more with no observable effects except enjoyment! It has a great bar atmosphere & seemed like a perfect place to stop by after getting off the PATH train or water taxis. Music was great--lots of classic rock. We would definitely return!! The smell of the bbq meat is wonderful!!

Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Decent menu with plenty of choices for all. Service was good and the food Was tastey Good portion sizes too I'll be back..!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I have only visited during lunch time for their express area. The line was very long as it normally is. They make custom salads where you pick the ingredients. I never made it that far as the line was slow. I could tell they were quite messy behind the counter as there were ingredients everywhere. I decided to skip the line and get a pre-made salad. There weren't any dressings for my salad. I also picked up some buffalo chicken. I asked when checking out where the dressing was. She told me to get it from the line! WHAT!? Why would I wait in the line I skipped just to get dressing. She then told me to just cut and ask for it. I ended up yelling over someone in line to ask for my dressing. The salad seemed old and the buffalo chicken was downright disgusting. The chicken almost seemed fake or frozen and then thawed.

1  Thank 88traveler888
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Marker's is an excellent bar and restaurant down on Exchange Place, Jersey City. It is right next to PATH station which makes it easy to reach, this is one of Jersey City hidden secrets. It’s surrounded by a wonderful view of the waterfront and it has a very relaxing atmosphere, we celebrated my daughters 21st birthday on June 27, of this year, this private room was excellent the service was on point; from the time the salad was placed on the table, the appetizers and the main course meal, which was excellent. The one thing I like the most, you didn’t have to ask for anything, your glass always had something in it; the dessert was hot-cookies straight out of the oven. My family and I will be eating at Marker’s again. We would like to thank the manager for the work him and the staff provided for this special occasion. Not only did we have good food at a wonderful price, the service they provided was excellent. If you get a chance this is a place you have to take your family or just visit. Thanks again

Reviewed May 22, 2012

The location is great, right next to Exchange Place PATH close to the many offices around Newport, Exchange Place. The place was quite crowded when we went. Service wasn't great, the waiter took a long time to take our order. The food took a while to come out and she brought one item which we hadn't ordered. I had the chicken sandwich which was more of a burger, should have named the item appropriately. It tasted ok, nothing special.