“Best stay ever.”

NYC-JC Guest Suites
Oslo, Norway
“Best stay ever.”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stay here for over a week and everybody wants to come back. This was perfect for our vacation. When we check in we meet a service minded man (Andrew) that show us everything and also gave us really good tips about New York.

We had a 2 rooms suite that are located in the 44th floor. This apartment have everything and have a good looking modern design. Really lovely apartment and also the best view i have seen located in a city of Jersey. If you want to New York/New Jersey i strongly recommend you to live here. It is just 5 minutes walk to the Path that take you over to New York. (Takes 5 min).

I will come back to NYC-JC suites. It was a really good experience.
Thank you for the perfect stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed only two nights here and it was absolutely fabulous! The views are spectacular and the rooms are very very spacious and very well equipped.

The building is very well positioned and close to the path. There is a store just beneath the apartment and we could buy everything we need there and eat in the room! Best chicken we had in the USA!

My only advise would to have the check in at the building instead of somewhere else but we were driven to the building that we stayed in and we had a great time. We actually stayed in one entire day and did not even leave the room!

The tv had all the best channels and internet was fast end easy to access, that helped a lot!

Thank you very much!

E

Room Tip: Best value for money and spectacular views!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Paris, France
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The owner called shortly before our arrival, saying that they had to cancel - even though I'd payed the entire stay months ago. So expect surprises - like getting a heart attack 'cause you suddenly have no place to stay! Rooms look nice, though.

• Stayed January 2013
6 Thank Kim L
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed at a 1BR at 70 Greene St. The room was nice, the generic IKEA furnishings kind of nice but fine.

In January, with temperatures below zero, the heat did not work for two nights. I was there on business and exhausted so I took all the extra blankets and tried my best to sleep as I returned to the hotel late in the evening and there is no front desk to speak of. They also have to make an 'appointment' to charge for the room which is very inconvenient when you're there on business and they called and emailed constantly reminding me to pay them.

I had a cigarette in the room next to the window and left it on the ledge because I did not want to throw it out the window, and yes it is a non-smoking room. They let maintenance into my room without notifying me at all and charged me $250 for smoking. I can understand the charge, but how they handled it was completely unacceptable. The property manager phoned me and *lectured* me for 30 minutes after I answered telling him I was in a meeting; they can charge me or they can lecture me but both I found too much.

I mentioned the two nights without heat and the fact they they allowed people into the room (which has no safe) without my permission. They blamed Hurricane Sandy for the heat problem (which it wasn't-- they ran out of oil) and continued to lecture me as if I was a teenager. They continued to send 'reminders' about smoking while I stayed there and I checked out a day early to avoid further abuse, which they did not credit me for. It was the rudest most dishonest treatment I'd ever seen-- and this is Jersey City.

Room Tip: Stay at a real hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank sabai_sabai
NY
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Very nice property in Jersey City. Close to NY very modern updated suites/apartments with washer dryer, full kitchens granite tops, fridge, stove, dishwasher and oven. Clean with great views from 41st flooor. Get a NYC view if possible. Highly reccomend. Parking can be an issue, its cheaper if you go to the downtown area (blocks away) and get a visitors parking pass for a your visit.. you only pay a few dollars a day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveluxx
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

We (family of 4) stayed for 4 nights in a 2 room guest suit with perfect view both to Manhatten and Statue of Liberty/ Elis Island. Our kids loved the view and the gym. If you are arriving in New York, take the Path subway from WTC over to Exchange Place. Fast and convient. Hotel offers also transport services from Newark to/from hotel. Nice and friendly service. Book via their web pages.
Jersey City is quite during night time so you should have a good sleep. Good grocery store around the corner if you need something to eat/drink or just some breakfast.
Owner is very helpful.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Henrik B
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed November 8, 2012

First of all don't think of this place as a classical hotel. There is no reception or service team per se that you see face to face. We hardly found two towels in our apartment. We really doubted that the place was clean. There was no service personnel to clean or help you with anything.
Second, they charged my credit card for the full price during reservation, months before our stay. When we arrived, we were given an apartment at the 44th floor of a 49 floor condo building. The keys were inside, the door was open. Then came the hurricane Sandy. There was no power, no water. Elevators were out of order. There was nobody that you could ask for help or talk about these problems. My wife is pregnant so we rushed out and moved to a hotel in Manhattan that could provide basic services. When I asked for a refund, they said this is a natural disaster and my request is "unreasonable".
I believe if you are providing lodging services, you need to make sure you are providing basic services like electricity, heating, water and elevator to 44th floor, or be ready to reimburse customers to whom you can not provide these services - especially if you are collecting the price well in advance, before the service is delivered, and also if the service is not used.
This company is not a service company. They are just subletting apartments in their portfolio. In short, stay out of this place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
#5 of 14 in Jersey City
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
#154 of 466 in New York City

Been to NYC-JC Guest Suites? Share your experiences!