All reviews honor system free laundry exchange place light rail full size refrigerator front desk path station new york small kitchen separate bedroom small store an extended stay ice maker queen bed minute walk hudson river walking distance
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Stayed at Candlewood Suites in Jersey City from Mon. April 22 to Sat. April 27, 2019. It was close to train stns & had a separate bdrm which we wanted. Everything re: hotel was fine for us except the last day. We had requested a taxi for 8:30am pickup from Fernando @ reception. He quoted price being approx $55 plus tolls. However, when we reached Newark airport, the driver charged us $85. When asked why such a price difference, he only said because of the tolls. I paid the $85, but didn't agree with what he charged me. Then he gave me a blank receipt, saying that I could fill in whatever amt I wanted, indicating that I could put the charge on an expense acct!? We were on a family holiday.

Further, It only cost $47 for the ride from airport to Candlewood Suites when we arrived! Don't know which taxi co. was used that day, but we believe driver was dishonest & this does not leave a good impression of Candlewood Suites. My family & I enjoyed staying at Candlewood Suites, but we are not happy about the taxi incident. Perhaps Candlewood Suites could request another driver in future for their customers instead of the driver from Sat. April 27th to avoid future problems.

Room tip: Choose room NOT on the Tram side!
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

We selected this hotel for our first visit to the city. We made the perfect choice! Hotel staff were very helpful (unlike what other reviews said) and the hotel was very clean. Location cannot be beat! View of NYC from our room and we loved our suite. Great for our family. Walking distance to water ferry and subway. Also several restaurants within walking distance. Park your car in the nice lot - you won’t need it! We will certainly stay here again!

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank ajbaker924
Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

Front desk staffs can definitely BE more friendly and more greeting. This is one of the most serious and therefore slightly rude front desk staffs that we've been to. Parking is convenient and the waterfront route starting just a block away is a plus. The scene view of the water front and the skyscrapers will blow your mind. You won't be disappointed. Overall, decent experience.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Hi JohnMTripReview,

I am glad to know that you had a decent experience with us particularly with our parking and with the scene view. I was just quite concerned to read your comments about our Front Desk staff. Sorry for the disappointment this has caused and I will make sure to let our team know about this for improvements on our end.

Thanks a lot for choosing us as your home base and for posting a candid feedback. See you again soon!

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

Various points to note
1. Location to NYC: Spectacular views across the Hudson River across to both iconic Empire State and World One buildings, especially when lit at night.
2. Neighbourhood: safe riverside location with nice walks from right outside hotel doors. Nearby shopping stores for provisions or eating out and harbour-side ferry / or underground just a few minutes walk away
3. Room: fabulously spacious with well equipped kitchenette and super clean kitchenware. Bed mattress comfortable and pillows and linens great quality and feel. There was even a lounge chair with foot rest to relax in. The bathroom was large and nice toiletries were provided. Towels could be exchanged whenever required. Unlimited coffee available from reception. Both ready brewed or sachets for the in-room coffee machine.
4. Staff: super friendly and efficient, very clearly they all wanted to make sure our stay was the very best it could be. A special word of praise should given to Fernando- so caring and friendly.
5. Parking: Secure and close to reception.
I didn’t use the extras like the shop, gym,laundry or leisure and kitchen items (all latter complimentary) but great they were provided.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Skoods
Reviewed May 9, 2019

I stayed at the Candlewood 3 nights on my first visit to NYC. Location: The location worked out well; we did not need to use our car when we visited downtown New York. It took us 5 minutes to walk to the subway (PACE), and the very first stop was the World Trade Center. From there, we were able to take the subway to the Metropolitan Art Museum, Central Park, or wherever we wanted to go. It took us about 15 minutes to drive to Liberty Park to catch the boat to visit Ellis Island and the Statute of Liberty, where there is plenty of parking available.There is a large supermarket 2 to 3 blocks away. Room: Everything was super clean and in excellent condition. The kitchen was stocked with the basics and included plenty of room for groceries. We had a full size refrigerator, microwave, oven and dishwasher. Breakfast is not provided. The hotel easily had the best laundry mat of about anywhere I have stayed. There are a lot of washing machines and dryers, and best of all, they are free, except for the soap. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2019