All reviews honor system exchange place free laundry light rail full size refrigerator front desk path station new york small kitchen separate bedroom an extended stay ice maker queen bed hudson river grocery store minute walk walking distance
Selected filters
Reviewed May 8, 2019

The front desk staff all were cheerful, friendly and helpful. I loved that there was parking (for a fee of course). They gave us a one-room suite with a view of the NY skyline as I requested. Everything was clean and functioned well. Very comfortable. If you need to visit family by car in different boroughs of NY or in NJ and want to enjoy Manhattan, this is the place. Driving a car out of Manhattan is a little nerve-wracking. The ferry is right beside it..you can enjoy ferry rides to the city or the cheaper path train to the Oculus where you can shop or ride the subway to elsewhere, and you always get to sit! And the best of all..there is this little food truck on the corner of Hudson St. and Bay St. that serves wonderful shwarmas, kabobs,lamb and fish salad plates for very little money! We had a blast on this visit. Thanks Candlewood! P.S. I earned cashback on e-bates too!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

This place not only has a friendly front desk staff, but was very accommodating to all of our needs!! When you first walk in, you can see how it is clean and well-maintained! The lobby was modern and chic, as well as the rooms. Everything you could possibly need was also available in the suites!! I used this hotel for my wedding preparation and the space was large enough for my bridesmaids and photographers to get ready. The NYC skyline made for great photos! They were gracious enough to give me a late check out until my limo arrived for my wedding ceremony. Thank you to Fernando and the Candlewood Suites staff for their level of commitment to their customers!!!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2019

Stayed here for a track meet at the armory. it took about an hour taking the PATH and subway to get there. hotel was very nice. we used the kitchen to cook food. employees were friendly and helpful. the fold out couch is very uncomfortable- would not recommend needing to use it unless for a small child.

Room tip: was worth the little bit extra to have a view of new York city.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2019 via mobile

Spent one evening here on way through a week in the NJ-NYC area on business. Getting here is easy. There is a decent parking lot. Ferries across the river in east walking distance and PATH trains nearby too.

The building itself is just fine. You don’t come to a Candlewood for high end luxury. It’s an extended stay place — so set your compass accordingly and you’ll be alright.

Staff were nice and helpful throughout stay — especially Evelyn. She went above and beyond repeatedly.

The room was large, clean and comfortable. Great water pressure and temperature in my room. Thermostat gave no issues at all.
Wireless stayed connected and was adequate for work and surfing.

Several eating options in walking distance. Staff keeps a list of them with distances available for printout.

If I was back in Jersey City again, this would be my hotel of choice.

Date of stay: March 2019
1  Thank WCRCL
Reviewed March 1, 2019

I was visiting Jersey City for a one-day office meeting. Got in late after a long day and drive. The lady at the reception desk couldn't have been nicer. Very attentive, quickly got me situated, explained the shuttle I could take in morning, where to go within walking distance for a good breakfast 9basics at the hotel).
Room was comfortable. Only concern was around 5am, I was hearing the PATH train which when I looked, was right outside my window - maybe 50 feet! It was feint, but noticeable every 15 mins. Very convenient to the PATH! When I mentioned it to front desk, they understood, noted they do have free earplugs (get them if your on the PATH side), and credited me with some courtesy points. All in all, I'd go back - price was right, and I'll stay on the opposite side!

Room tip: Non-PATH train Side; easy walk to much of Jersey City shops/company
Date of stay: February 2019