Candlewood Suites Jersey City
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$203
$165
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
The Holland Hotel(Jersey City)(Great Value!)
$149
$125
Ramada Jersey City(Jersey City)
$121
$259
$199
Travelocity
$153
All reviewshonor systemfree laundryfull size refrigeratorexchange placelight railfront deskpath stationnew yorkseparate bedrooman extended stay hotelpots and pansfully equipped kitchenhudson riverminute walkgrocery storequeen bedsmall shop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed for a month at the Candlewood Suites during my business trip to new york. It is the most economical option around new york. Since it is located near PATH trains one can easily reach new york and journal square for indian food. Suites Includes a small kitchen which is very convenient for cooking your own food during the stay. Rooms have iron board, iron, small store room, refrigerators, microwave among few items. Room and bathroom were comfortable clean and updated. However as it is extended stay there is no daily housekeeping, instead weekly. The hotel is also at a walking distance to newport mall, which is convenient in terms of entertainment/ food/ shopping.

All in all a nice and comfortable stay, however they have limited breakfast option that too has to be picked from cupboard (chargeable).

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Madhur21Jain
gmcandlewoodjc, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed two nights at the Candlewood Suites visiting family. As it is extended stay there is no housekeeping. The rooms were adequate though an odd smell of some sort of disinfectant. For the price, however, I really can't complain. Much cheaper than Manhattan which is very close and much less that the usual hotels in Jersey City. Not too much nearby within walking distance but then again i am not in Jersey City for the sights.

All in all, nothing really bad about it. Just nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank moirnh
gmcandlewoodjc, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for providing your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I chose this hotel for the location. The room wasn't bad, but there is a distinct smell in the room. I found the hallways very dark and the carpets weren't very clean. The bathroom is decent and large. I didn't find the neighborhood that convenient. Also, the front desk staff isn't very helpful. We didn't have any issues with the WIFI. I probably wouldn't recommend this hotel to friends

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elaine O

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for providing your feedback. I noticed that you mentioned that the front desk staff was not that helpful. If you would like to discuss this further I would be more than willing to do so in order to find ways to improve our customer service. Please feel free to contact the hotel if you so desire.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The hotel is in a nice, safe neighbourhood and only a few train stops from places like Greenwhich village, SoHo and Wall Street. There are a few decent restaurants in the area and a mall nearby. The room seemed clean on arrival but upon closer inspection it was not (there was hair all over the room). In addition, too many things with wrong. The internet stopped working, HBO didn't work, the toilet was blocked up and they called a car service for us to take us to the airport (even though we requested a taxi that took a credit card) that charged us a fortune. We paid a lot of money since this was high season in New York and that is why we were annoyed that they didn't service the room a single time over a week's stay. They work really hard to get the pervading curry smell - that other writers have noticed - out out of the carpets and walls and they mostly succeed. It's not a bad place, it is just not very good. It is not a bad option, but it is not the best. The room is a good size and good for families. The kitchen is handy if you actually use it and the bathroom is a large. They do allow you to ask for clean sheets and towels when you need it, so that is at least something.

Room Tip: We had a reasonable view from the fifth floor. Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 0Difly0

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for providing your feedback. Regarding the housekeeping service, you stated that your room was not cleaned during your stay. We are an extended stay hotel that provides housekeeing 1 time per week if you are staying 7 nights or more and do not service the suite if you are staying 6 nights or less. If you are not used to staying at extended stay hotels you would not be familiar with this but I am sure that this was explained to you upon check in at the hotel. Thank you again for your stay and your feedback.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed here for 3 weeks. All my colleagues who visited Newyork for extended stay have booked the same hotel in the past. The room is decent with a kitchen.
There is no Complimentary Breakfast .
Free WIFI is available but the internet speed is very slow (download speed less than 1 Mbps). I have experienced frequent interruptions and reported the same. The front desk support was not that great.
I was supposed to return a parcel Via FedEx to my Company. To my Surprise the front desk does not have a tape to pack the parcel. I was in a hurry to catch the return flight, expecting some support from the front desk, but left with no option. I roamed around to find a FedEx Office and ended up buying a tape in nearby stationary. Small things like this would definitely matter.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent 3 week stay with us and for providing your feedback. I understand your concern with not being able to box and tape your fedex package at the hotel so you could ship it off. We will keep that in mind and start keeping a supply of packing tape.