Candlewood Suites Jersey City
$209
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Hyatt House Jersey City(Jersey City)
$179
$199
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $298/night.

$162
$137
Doubletree.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

The Holland Hotel(Jersey City)(Great Value!)
$159
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

$208
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $260/night.

$127
$120
Agoda.com
$223
$214
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $245/night.

$126
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $147/night.

Haiban Inn(Jersey City)(Great Value!)
$110
All reviewshonor systemfree laundryexchange placefull size refrigeratorlight railpath stationnew yorkan extended stay hotelpots and panshudson riverminute walksmall shopqueen bedlarge bathroomwtc areamanhattan skylinenj transit
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed here for a day while visiting our friends in Jersey city. I was amazed with the location of this hotel with amazing views of NY and that too with a little price (with the deal we got online). Having a small kitchen in the room is always a plus. Very close to the Newport center mall - so all shopping, movies and a nice food court is just a 10 minutes walk.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
gmcandlewoodjc, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for providing your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Given how expensive things are in the area, Candlewood was pretty good. Reasonable rates for the area and down near the water. Cheaper if you stay more nights. (We stayed one night for $230, and returned for a two-night stay for $199 each - checked a stretch of 5 nights, and it was a bit less.) Nice walk over to the Hudson, easy access to the Path for journeys into NYC.
Keep in mind this is an apartment, and it's designed for extended stays. So you have a small kitchen, but maid service is only once a week or so. There is no breakfast, but there is free coffee,and there is free wifi. And there's a shuttle that goes locally 2x hour - within about a mile radius.

Room Tip: Ask for room on upper floor - you may get a view. 1st floor you are likely to hear the lite rail all night (it's a block away).
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelingWriter55
gmcandlewoodjc, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and hope that you will select us again if your travel plans bring you back to our area.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed here for 8 nights whilst on a job in the area. My first room faced the back of the hotel - which has a light rail line running quite near. (all odd numbered rooms)I really like a quiet hotel room, and found the noise disturbing. My first request the next morning to be relocated to the other side of the hotel was met with "nothing is available for the entire remainder of my stay" . A second request that evening to another staff member was met with "sure, we can move you tomorrow morning" - very inconsistent service. I felt that the first member thought I was being difficult, and wasn't trying to accommodate me The new room (eight floor) had a great view over the Hudson the the Manhattan Skyline.(even numbered room)Overall, with the exception of Dan & VJ, I did not find the front desk staff here were very friendly. Overall, I though the room was good, very clean, the bed was very comfortable, kitchen was basic, but well equipped. The TV was well located. I appreciated being able to open the windows a few inches. Whilst the air conditioning unit worked well, it was fairly noisy.
Ithought this hotel was well located, and would work well as a base for exploring the New York Area. It was very close to light rail, path station, and ferry. there was a grocery store (shop rite ) in reasonable walking distance, and a Target not much further. It was also close (reasonable walking distance) to a generic mall. I enjoyed walking just a block then along the Hudson River waterfront.
Overall, even though it is located just on the outskirts of Jersey City downtown, it was a n easy area to drive around, and very close to the entrance of the Holland Tunnel if you were crazy enough to want to drive into Manhattan.
I found the hallways tended to get quite warm, and this may be worse in summer - but, rooms remained cook with AC unit.
I also did notice the cooking smell/Indian food downstairs near the elevator - I assumed this was a staff common room - and did not bother me.
There is no restaurant or room service available, I thought it would have been nice to have information to more local places that delivered.

Room Tip: Rooms on the "city side" - even numbered are preferred - a higher floor (6-8), with a lower room number, will give a good view of the Manhattan Skyline. Room on the "back side" - all odd numbers, particularly on the lower floor, will have some noise from the light rail line that runs along this side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank RedCoral

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your feedback that you have provided. I am glad that we were able to meet your request with a room move during your stay and that you were happy with our hotel for your travel needs. We hope that you will select our hotel again if your plans bring you back to the Jersey City area in the future.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I recently spent 3 nights in the Candlewood Suites Jersey City NJ. I was visiting my son who lives in the city while working on a contracting job nearby. I also planned several days trips into Manhattan for the theatre, shopping and sightseeing.
I found the hotel common area clean and tastefully decorated. Our suite had one good sized bedroom, one spacious bathroom and a large open area with living room containing a sofa bed and a fully equipped kitchen. I found the rooms to be clean, spacious and nicely furnished. The hotel staff were all very helpful in answering our questions and providing extra services we needed. The hotel was located only a ten minute walk to the Newport NJ/NY PATH station and the hotel provided a free shuttle bus ride there which was welcomed. There is a very nice mall, the Newport Mall, located only a few minutes walk from the hotel. The hotel is located in a very clean and safe area of Jersey City. There were a few restaurants close enough to walk to in the area as well.

My experience at this hotel was close to a perfect one. My only complaint was that the heating/air conditioning unit was a bit noisy and was difficult to control. The fan constantly ran no matter what temperature you set the unit at.

I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Hello,
Thak you for your recent stay at our hotel with your family and for providing your feeback. While I am very happy that you stated that your stay was a near perfect one, we strive to have everyone that stays at our hotel leave 100% satisfied. I am sorry that you had some concerns with the air condition unit being a bit loud. We have checked into this and it appears to be operatiing properly. We hope that you will select our hotel again as your home away from home if your travel plans bring you back to the Jersey City area in the future.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend from May 31 to June 2, not a very pleasant experience.

A little back story, I stayed here on new year's eve in 2011 for 3 nights, the experience was not too bad, and we noticed the common area in the hotel has a very strong odour (personally it smells a lot like curry), but the room that we stayed in (in December 2011) was consider clean and odour free.

So this time when I decided to go back, with the expectation of a somewhat similar experience, we were quite disappointed.

We reserved 2 rooms in the hotel (my sister's family, and mine), both were located on the third floor. The moment we stepped out of the elevator on the third floor, it was extremely warm (completely different from the lobby's temperature), and the nightmare begins when we open the door to my room.

As soon as we open the door to our room, we were welcomed by a gust of same odour (the curry smell), and the whole room smells like that, even the bed sheets. My wife decided to open the windows and max out the air conditioning as an effort to eliminate the smell, but we weren't successful. To make matter worst, the washroom is unclean, and there were dirt/removable stain in the bathtub.

We went downstairs (both nights) to request a room change, only was told that the hotel was fully booked that night (i didn't verify, however the parking lot of at least half empty, i would expect the parking to be at least half full in an hotel with 5 stories), the made a note the first night, however the second night was "full" as well.

We had to cover our nose for most of the night with some clean laundry, therefore my wife and I couldn't really get much rest for these two nights; looking back, it might've been better if we cancelled the second night reservation and stayed in a different hotel.

Why hit or miss? My sister's room was not as stinky as ours, however, their air conditioning didn't work, and was told that that's the lowest temperature it could go (funny thing is the a/c in my room is extremely cold)

And i just realized they start charging for their parking (this is not a complaint, more like a FYI, i just didn't read the fine prints as this policy was effective in january 2013), however I personally think that this was a good incentive to stay in this hotel, and parking in, say westin, nearby is a bit more.

In conclusion, I probably won't stay here again as you don't know what type of rooms you are going to end up staying in, and i think there are better deals in this area for 15 or 20 dollars more per night.

Room Tip: Not sure how you can choose a good room, but since my bad experience is on the third, try to avoid the third floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gng1412
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear cng27,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced. I appreciate you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.