I stayed here for 8 nights whilst on a job in the area. My first room faced the back of the hotel - which has a light rail line running quite near. (all odd numbered rooms)I really like a quiet hotel room, and found the noise disturbing. My first request the next morning to be relocated to the other side of the hotel was met with "nothing is available for the entire remainder of my stay" . A second request that evening to another staff member was met with "sure, we can move you tomorrow morning" - very inconsistent service. I felt that the first member thought I was being difficult, and wasn't trying to accommodate me The new room (eight floor) had a great view over the Hudson the the Manhattan Skyline.(even numbered room)Overall, with the exception of Dan & VJ, I did not find the front desk staff here were very friendly. Overall, I though the room was good, very clean, the bed was very comfortable, kitchen was basic, but well equipped. The TV was well located. I appreciated being able to open the windows a few inches. Whilst the air conditioning unit worked well, it was fairly noisy.
Ithought this hotel was well located, and would work well as a base for exploring the New York Area. It was very close to light rail, path station, and ferry. there was a grocery store (shop rite ) in reasonable walking distance, and a Target not much further. It was also close (reasonable walking distance) to a generic mall. I enjoyed walking just a block then along the Hudson River waterfront.
Overall, even though it is located just on the outskirts of Jersey City downtown, it was a n easy area to drive around, and very close to the entrance of the Holland Tunnel if you were crazy enough to want to drive into Manhattan.
I found the hallways tended to get quite warm, and this may be worse in summer - but, rooms remained cook with AC unit.
I also did notice the cooking smell/Indian food downstairs near the elevator - I assumed this was a staff common room - and did not bother me.
There is no restaurant or room service available, I thought it would have been nice to have information to more local places that delivered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home bedding collection.The Candlewood Suites Jersey City is the only all suites hotel in the heart of the financial district of Jersey City, 214 suites, 8 floors, conveniently located near Harborside Financial Center, Exchange Place and Newport Financial Center. If New York City is your destination, the hotel is conveniently located between Exchange Place and Pavonia Path Stations. These trains will take you directly to midtown or lower Manhattan. Each spacious suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your over-sized executive desk with free high-speed Internet access and two separate phone lines - check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player and VCR. Work off some stress in our fitness center or visit our Candlewood Cupboard. Whether your trip is for business or pleasure, our hotel can offer you the best value in the Jersey City and New York City area.Check out our special 'City Pass Package', which focuses on making your New York vacation more affordable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites Jersey City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Jersey City Hotel Jersey City
- Candlewood Jersey City
- Jersey City Candlewood Suites