Recently, I took a quick weekend trip to NYC. Since it is so expensive to stay in NYC, we decided that staying on the Jersey side was a better option. It is conveniently located about a 15 min walk from the PATH (Jersey's subway) that will connect you directly over to NYC. It isn't more than a 20 min ride but you have to make sure that you catch the right train and time or you'll end up sitting there longer than you want. The hotel has a great shuttle that will drop you off at the station too! We got there late Friday night and the staff was beyond great. Helpful, friendly, smiling and especially it being in a big city I really appreciated these small things. Our room was clean and the sheets were new. There were two things that were not top notch. The AC/Heat is a window unit so it is very loud.. but no unbearable so we just turned it off at night since the weather was nice. That way we could open the window - easy fix. The ONE thing that was an issue is the kitchenette..I think the residents before us must have a great time cooking. When we first walked in the room we were hit with the smell of curry. Maybe i am not used to the smell but it was overwhelming. I didn't ask to switch a room because the staff was so friendly and it was something I could bare with since we weren't in our room for more than sleeping. When i came home all my clothes smelled like curry! YUCK. Other than that small little hiccup. It is a GREAT PLACE TO STAY. The area is safe and I don't feel unease walking around late at night. I would totally stay there again (if the PATH was easier) and definitely as a non-curry smell room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home bedding collection.The Candlewood Suites Jersey City is the only all suites hotel in the heart of the financial district of Jersey City, 214 suites, 8 floors, conveniently located near Harborside Financial Center, Exchange Place and Newport Financial Center. If New York City is your destination, the hotel is conveniently located between Exchange Place and Pavonia Path Stations. These trains will take you directly to midtown or lower Manhattan. Each spacious suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your over-sized executive desk with free high-speed Internet access and two separate phone lines - check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player and VCR. Work off some stress in our fitness center or visit our Candlewood Cupboard. Whether your trip is for business or pleasure, our hotel can offer you the best value in the Jersey City and New York City area.Check out our special 'City Pass Package', which focuses on making your New York vacation more affordable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, IHG, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites Jersey City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Jersey City Hotel Jersey City
- Candlewood Jersey City
- Jersey City Candlewood Suites