“Friendly Staff”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Jersey City
Maywood, New Jersey
“Friendly Staff”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Clean hotel and friendly staff. I had an issue with the fodo in the cafe but the staff quickly took care of the issue and even brought me out something extra! I was able to enjoy some wine and relax after a long week of working. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
John R, General Manager at Courtyard Jersey City Newport, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Toni,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay with us. So glad the staff was able to recover the issue with the food, we share all comments with our staff so that we can continue to improve our service.
Please do visit us again and let us know if there is anything we can do in advance to make your stay even more positive.
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Courtyards have really started to refine their offer and this location is a great vivid example of this. Great value with reasonable price, great location near path, city, restaurants and short walk to great river views on NYC. Rooms are good size, modern and well appointed. They are also quiet . The lobby is bright and very functional with space, power connections, and plenty of areas to hold informal discussions or calls. For us, the lobby bistro was fantastic, always friendly, speedy and food and beverage options are great all day long. Yes, coffee is not free but it is Starbucks and free coffee often tastes like free coffee. Bistro Staff is friendly and will do what it takes to make your stay enjoyable. For an extra treat, consider booking a one bedroom suite for a multi-day stay as space is well worth the extra price which on weekends is a good value but book early.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sparks72
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for posting such positive comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and took full advantage of our location, friendly staff and local attractions.
Please do visit us again and let us know if we can be of any assistance with your next visit.
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights, and we were very pleased. The hotel was very nice and clean, and the room was very spacious. The staff was very friendly, and the food from the cafe was fantastic. It's also within walking distance of Target and a shopping mall so that was a HUGE plus.We would definitely stay here again when in the area!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
John R, General Manager at Courtyard Jersey City Newport, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Smith Family,
Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. So glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our convenient location to the Newport Mall, local restaurants and New York City.
Please do visit us again on your next trip. Let us know if we can be of any assistance.
General Manager.
Lake George, New York
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Love Marriot courtyards. This one is very convenient,staff friendly and rooms spacious,clean and well equipped. However we had two bad experiences with the bistro. First was asking for three glasses of wine.attendant had to call for someone at front desk. She then couldn't find the Sauvignon blanc because she didn't know it was white and in the cooler. Then proceeded to joke with attendant instead of serving our wine. No rush took 20 minutes from start to finish. Breakfast was worst! Just wanted to have coffee and wait for my wife to join me for breakfast. No free coffee but I had to order breakfast with me voucher. Just give me the coffee so I can wait. Voucher includes only medium coffee. Unheard of in the Marrioutt chain!
Otherwise I would return,but not to this Bistro!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
John R, General Manager at Courtyard Jersey City Newport, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Robert B,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent stay here with. Please accept my sincere apology that we did not meet your expectations in our Bistro. I have shared your review with our Bistro management & staff so that improvements can be made immediately. We do offer complimentary coffee in all our rooms but not in our Bistro. Our coupon voucher that is included with the breakfast package does mention mid-size coffee but we do upgrade to a bigger size on request at no additional charge.
We appreciate your business and again thank you for your candid feedback. Please visit is again on your next trip to our area.
Boston area, MA
Reviewed January 27, 2014

January 2014 marks the fourth time I've stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Jersey City. Top three reasons I like this hotel: Always a better bargain and more affordable room rates than any hotel in Manhattan. Bigger rooms. No bedbugs (If you want the lowdown on these critters, check out the Bedbug Registry online and look up Manhattan hotels. You'll shudder at the reports.) Also, the hotel is peaceful and quiet and the rooms are nicely decorated. The hotel is maybe 80 steps from the Newport PATH station, and the trains go to WTC and 33rd St., connecting with the subway. For serene surroundings in which to recharge for the next busy day, this hotel has more than fit the bill for me.

Room Tip: The rooms on the Hudson River side have the view, but the rooms facing away from the river are bigge...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Violethush
Dear Violet Rush,
Thank you for posting your comments on tripadvisor.com. We appreciate your candid feedback and love that you're a loyal returning guest. So glad you have enjoyed our hotel rooms, location and local attractions especially the convenience to the Path (train) to New York City.
We certainly appreciate your business.
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed while on business in NJ and NYC, and the location can't be beat. It's in the waterfront area of Jersey City, with a handful of restaurants in walking distance. Plus, it's next door to the PATH train, for an inexpensive, quick trip to NYC. The hotel was clean, quite and comfortable, and the front desk staff was helpful. I would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
John R, General Manager at Courtyard Jersey City Newport, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We are fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and so happy you had a great experience here with us.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights last week and had a good experience. I was upgraded to a very nice King Suite due to my Platinum Marriott status (not all hotels do this even though they are supposed to if the rooms are available). Staff was friendly and helpful. The views on the backside of the hotel face Manhattan, with some minor blockage from other nearby buildings. I suggest you request a higher floor to take advantage of the sight lines. The neighborhood around the hotel is pretty quiet, the only congestion comes from the nearby PATH train that takes commuters to New York City.

The only negative thing that happened during the stay was some plumbing problems on my final morning there. Some black stuff came up out of the drain and wouldn't unclog itself (I skipped that shower). I notified the front desk; they apologized and stated that they would credit me with extra MR points - however, they didn't follow through with that.

Overall, I would stay here again and I would recommend it to other business travels with work in Jersey City.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank bretts11
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your stay with us here at the Jersey City Courtyard by Marriott. So glad that we were able to upgrade you to a suite and that the staff met your expectations.
We apologized for the inconvenience with the plumbing in the room. We will review with our housekeeping staff to make sure they are more attentive in the future.
Please give me a call if your points promised have not been posted to your account so that I can personally input them.
We value your business and hope you will visit us again soon.