“Gets busy at lunchtime”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Marin
Transit: Light Rail stops just outside our Restaurant at the Newport Mall
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We were on holiday with the family and went for a late lunch, glad we didn't go earlier as it was rammed at 1pm, but soon emptied out. Mainly full of local business people.

Food was okay, nothing brilliant, but tasty; my little lad (4) wasn't so keen on his burger as it was very chargrilled. Had a lovely bottle of red from parcel 41 (which was go good I picked some up at a local supermarket for back in the hotel when the kids where in bed).

Service seemed pretty good. We all shared the humour platter as a starter and we really liked it but needed to order some more bread as there wasn't enough (which we were charged for).

Reviewed October 24, 2012

This place does not feel like a hotel restaurant. The service is top notch and the ambiance is great. All of the food is quite good, though in keeping with the higher end Westin hotel, portions are on the smaller side. That being said, Fire & Oak holds it's own against other restaurants of this caliber in the area, despite being in a hotel, and I think the attentiveness of the staff puts it ahead of other restaurants nearby. I'll be going back and you should give it a try if you're in the area.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is one of the most affordable restaurants at a Westin Hotel that I have dined at. They have a REAL happy hour from 4-7 pm M-F that includes $4 Beers, $5 Cocktails! Can't beat that!!

The restaurant seems a bit small for a hotel restaurant but that also adds to the charm. I had the pleasure of dining here on a busy Friday night but it felt intimate. The service was very good and I did not feel rushed at all. I really enjoyed the seared ahi tuna but I wish it was served with less spice (not 7) and without the oily soba noodles. Other than that, the apps were good and the selection and price of wines was very reasonable.

I will def come back here when in the area.

FYI- Self-Parking is complimentary up to 4 hours in the garage next door. Just ask the the hostess for a validation ticket upon entering the restaurant.

1  Thank EscapeChick
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Attached to the Westin and had a lively atmosphere. Great ambience and you don't feel as if you're in a hotel restaurant (which can be souless). Menu was very good and the food excellent. Very noisy (on a Wednesday evening)

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

From the ribs to the attentiveness of servers everything was superb. Try the ribs. Surprisingly good sushi as well

3  Thank glenwick69