“Favorite Place in NJ”

Liberty House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Liberty House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 606 Restaurants in Jersey City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Take NJ LightRail to Liberty State Park. The Liberty State Park Shuttle picks up at the LightRail stop and drops off right at Liberty House.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Been here twice now and love the place. The outdoor area is amazing. Great view of the city, which made me initially skeptical of the menu, but the food is just as good as the view. Can't say a bad thing about the place.

There are newer reviews for Liberty House Restaurant

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Always a great visit with an incredible view and wonderful food. Service is unobtrusive yet attentive. I would recommend for either business or pleasure... haven't had a bad experience yet.

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I brought our 4 yr old son to Statue of Liberty. This restaurant is very convenient, it's across from the liberty cruise. The view of NY is beautiful. The food was excellent, along with our server.

1  Thank ErinNJ1
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Excellent food and service. Interesting and innovative menu. The dining room was noisy due to several large party groups. He bathrooms were unkempt and in need of a cleaning and sprucing up. The views are spectacular but you don't have to eat there to enjoy the view; just stroll thru the park.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I attended a wedding here with my wife a couple of weeks ago. The view of the NY skyline is definitely spectacular. The photographer used that backdrop for many great shots. But note, your mileage may vary! Inclement weather, especially fog, can wipe out the view.

My experience with the food was excellent. But note that the bride and groom visited the site early on and taste-tested the various options and chose what they thought was the best. They chose well! A very nice hor d'oevres spread was put out. While I'm not much into appetizers, my wife is and she was very pleased. Dinner consisted of a choice of brisket or salmon. We both had the brisket. It was tasty, properly done, and was very soft to the point where it melted in your mouth. The portions varied from just right to a little more. I heard some comments about the other dish, the salmon, and no one seemed displeased! Service was very good, but my opinion may be prejudiced by the fact that we were at the head table and got served first!

The wedding part was run well. There was a reception out in the garden, followed by appetizers and drinks, and then the formal dinner. Staff seemed to keep things moving well and seemed to be on top of what was needed.

I can't comment on value since I didn't pay the bill. My understanding is that meals here are quite expensive. After all, you are dining on the waterfront, overlooking Manahattan. The bride and groom seemed pleased with how everything turned out.

Note that there is paid parking at the location since this is also the staging area for visiting the Statue of Liberty. Patrons get their parking ticket validated. If you are visiting the site to check it out, make sure you make arrangments with them to park.