“The best steak I've ever had!”

Edward's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Edward's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 595 Restaurants in Jersey City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: York & Grand Streets
Transit: Grove Street - Path Station Marin Blvd - Light Rail Station Colgate Ferry Terminal - NY Waterways
Description: Edward's Steakhouse is located in an 1870's townhouse. Very cozy bar area and 2 dining rooms upstairs are nicely appointed.
North Wales
“The best steak I've ever had!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Visited with 9 guys for my brothers bachelor party. Great table upstairs in the Dining Room.
Good choice of craft beer if you don't want wine. The starter of choice was the Applewood Smoked Bacon, awesome bacon served on its own on a plate, what more would you want! You can even have it on your steak as well. The steak was cooked exactly as I asked and it was melt in the mouth Beef. If you like Beef and Pork and beer/wine this is the place for you.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Clattters

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Worth a try. Decent enough place.”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I tried this based on all the high reviews for food. It was very busy that night so not sure of that was an issue but my steak was over cooked and my lobster was under cooked.

Service was great and owner was there for an issue. I will give it another try.

• Visited July 2013
delavega1, Owner at Edward's Steak House, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Hello Sir
I just read your review of Edward's Steakhouse. I do read all my reviews and take the criticisms and accolades very seriously. I do apologize that your experience was not up to your or my standards. I would appreciate if you would come back and give us another try. Please introduce yourself to me, Dan de la Vega owner if you decide to return and I assure you everything will be perfect. I appreciate you comments.
Sincerely
Dan de la Vega
Edward's Steakhouse
Troy, New York
“Excellent food”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Edwards is my daughter's favorite restaurant. Now I know why. I had the scallops which were excellent and my friend had the filet which was the best I ever tasted. The staff is excellent and the owner is very involved. He visits every table to ask if you enjoyed the meal. A bit pricey but not too bad for New York City standards. A bit noisy due to a couple of loud tables but overall nice atmosphere. The last time I was there, it was very quiet.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank sealover12
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Good choice in Jersey City”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We came in on a recommendation from The Hyatt where we were staying. Not too far away in the taxi, and good food, good service ,nice olde world charm. Recommended .especially if staying on that side of the City.

• Visited May 2012
New York City, New York
“Outstanding”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I work in Jersey City and love steak. I was thrilled to find Edwards Steak House on Marin Blvd. The dining room is well appointed and has a subtle elegance to it. The service is very good and I was never in need of a new drink or extra napkin. Finally the food was terrific from their grilled slab bacon, the skirt steak sandwich, to the NY Strip. Great place to bring anyone...es[ecially if they love steak.

• Visited November 2012