“Our favorite steakhouse”

Edward's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Edward's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 595 Restaurants in Jersey City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: York & Grand Streets
Transit: Grove Street - Path Station Marin Blvd - Light Rail Station Colgate Ferry Terminal - NY Waterways
Description: Edward's Steakhouse is located in an 1870's townhouse. Very cozy bar area and 2 dining rooms upstairs are nicely appointed.
New Jersey
“Our favorite steakhouse”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Yeah, yeah, we go into the city to the big steakhouses, Yes, I've been to Peter Luger's and the others. But I have to say, Edward's NY sirloin is consistently, consistently perfect. They do it right. I love the atmosphere, the old brownstone feel, the beautiful old bar downstairs. Service is always knowledgeable, friendly, and attentive. The wine list is good; it changes and they always have a big bold chewy red to recommend to us. There's no reason to go anywhere else for an awesome steak. (yes, I am local). I can't really speak to other menu items, because when we go, we always get the steak, even if we go in with the intention of trying something else.

• Visited April 2012
delavega1, Owner at Edward's Steak House, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. It's nice when customers go out of their way to compliment instead of complain. We will continue to ensure that all your future "Sirloins" meet your expectations !!! Thanks you and look forward to seeing you again soon...

Dan de la Vega

State College, Pennsylvania
“not all that..”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

After reading other reviews they must be local. Atmosphere was ok, nothing special. I am in the area couple times a year but the 1st time at dining here. Definitely a neighborhood charm. Wine list was good. Service was slow, as was getting dinner. After all the tables that came in after us got their dinners first, locals, the server couldn't do enough for them. I had to ask why we still hadn't been served. No apologies. Dinner was good but if there is a next time I will bring my "local" friends.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank ajpaz56
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
“Closest thing to a real NY Steakhouse experience”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

There is no shortage of cavernous, overpriced steakhouses boasting their NY heritage as validation for thier obscene egos and prices. This is the real deal except it is as much about quiet , unassuming, almost speakeasy like elegance as it is about the excellant food and service. From the moment you walk into the ground floor dark and homey bar area filled with all the really important people, you know this place is going to be different than all the posers out there. Food is everything it should be and service to match. I am a big fan of the Steak Au Poirve ar Raouls' in NY's West Village but this place on the opposite bank of the Hudson is comparable and a comparative bargain. If in Jersey City or nearby, Don't miss this place.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank acrist623
delavega1, Owner at Edward's Steak House, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
I am glad you enjoyed your meal at Edward's Steakhouse and I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of my restaurant. We look forward to seeing you again at Edward's Steakhouse!

Daniel de la Vega
New York, NY
“The Best Steakhouse in JC and Beyond!”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I live 1 block from Edward's and have dinner there about once every 3 months. Great Service, fantastc food, you really can't go wrong.

Visited February 2012
New York City, New York
“Traditional, reliable”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I'm not particularly fond of the atmosphere at Edwards, but the quality of the food is always very good. The dishes are prepared to perfection and the service is really attentive. The wine list is quite good and overall I always had a great experience every time I ate here.

Visited October 2011