“Nothing distinctly phenomenal to mention”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Raaz

Raaz
Reserve with OpenTable
Raaz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 593 Restaurants in Jersey City
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North Garage
Transit: Take the Path Train (JSQ) to Newport. We are right across the station to the right.
New York City, New York
“Nothing distinctly phenomenal to mention”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Good decor but the place smells, Esp booths. They need dry cleaning or a change. Decent staff, helpful and proactive. I had a beer along with a DUm Aloo platter and another veg dish that I forget. W did samasas for appetizer. They looked stale and stated super avg.I was hungry and thus I appreciated the food while in the restaurant. However, the after taste left me restless and gastronomically disturbed. It felt like quite the cookie cutter indian meals that you may find at any mid end indian restaurant.
No coming back to it because the food is super avg. I attribute my gastronomical disturbance to either staleness or bad (recycled oil) in food.

• Visited July 2012

Parsippany, New Jersey
“Good food and kind staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

People were kind, first I didn't understand most of the menu ( first time to indian ), one of the staff stayed with me explaining some of items patiently, good quantities, good taste, we got the trio chicken kabab and lamb seekh kabab and white wine, they don't sell beef, prices are good ( 3 entrees, 1 apetizer, 2 kids meals, a bottle of wine and kids juice ) bill was 90 + 6 taxes, the only one thing I didn't like that item in the bill called automatic antiguity, when I asked , it's tips , they put 16 dollars on top of the 96 which is too much, the total went up to 113???

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“The only Indian restaurant in Newport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Considering that Newport has a pretty large Indian population I was surprised that this was the only Indian food restaurant in this neighborhood.

We were 3 of us and wanted Indian food. We were staying at Westin and this place is a 5 minute walk. We got there and there were tables available. They seated us inside. We ordered samosa, kadhai paneer, yellow dal, 2 breads and a masala tea.

The reason why I give this place 4 and not 5 is because of the masala tea. Well its not really masala tea. They dont bring it prepared. They got me tea and milk separately and I told them this is not masala tea. The waiter's response was this is how we serve masala tea. Well, Raaz may be the only place on planet earth that serves indian masala tea this way. Everyone else in this living world masala tea is prepared and served. So I sent it back. Being an Indian restaurant this was not expected.

The samosa's were pretty good and so were all the vegetables. You must try the onion kulcha. What we liked about the food that it was not heavy with a lot of oil and spices, as Indian food tends to be. This was light and post the meal we did not feel like we had eaten for 2 days at once. The total for 3 of us was $48.

Worth a visit if you are in the Newport area. Just dont order the masala tea :).

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank VCG
Singapore, Singapore
“Chicken Biryani.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

Huge portions, great flavours. You'll leave happy!

Visited July 2011
Bayonne, New Jersey
“Excellent Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

Went there on a weekday for buffet with collegues. The Naan, Chick tikka and Shrimp Curry were superb. The ambience is nice too, just was a bit crowded.
The buffet cost was excellent as compared to other restaurants. Overall great experience!

• Visited May 2012