The Westin Jersey City Newport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Fitness center
View Hotel
The Holland Hotel(Jersey City)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
W Hoboken(Hoboken)
  • Restaurant
Conrad New York(New York City)
1,518 results
All reviewsheavenly bedoak restaurantnew yorkpath trainstarbucks coffeeself parkingvery nice hotelshopping malllower manhattanfreedom towerlight railmanhattan skylinehigh floorinto nycacross the riverfitness centereasy access to nyc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 16, 2009

We stayed at the Westin for the All Points West music festival. The hotel was very ideally located - very close to the Light Rail so that we were able to get around very easily. Parking was a bit expensive in the garage but the Westin doesn't set those prices so I suppose we can't complain.

We were four people staying in a room with two double beds. We arrived early so our room was not ready upon check in but were were able to stow our bags. We went to the first day of the festival and came back to check in. The wait in line was fairly long for check in because it was later at night but there were quite a few people staying for the festival, so we felt that they should have been more prepared for some latecomers. The next day our key didn't work and we had to wait in a second long line to get that fixed as well. Even though it was late in the evening, there were long lines whenever we passed by the lobby. Perhaps they should increase the staff on weekend nights.

The room was kept very clean while we were staying there. However, there were never enough towels even though we called down to remind them that there were four of us in the room.

We ate lunch at one of the restaurants and the food was good although service was a bit slow. We also had brunch one morning. The brunch was tasty but there was a very small selection at the buffet.

I might stay here again if the price was reasonable but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here due to somewhat half hearted service from the front desk staff.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Wife and I usually stay at the Marriott while in Jersey City, but Westin offered a "stay 2 nights, get the 3rd free" so we jumped on that deal. And the third night really was free .... no hidden charges .... not even an "occupancy tax" or any other of the taxes you normally get hit with. We stayed on the 17th floor, and the room looked as though it was well maintained ... which we expected because the hotel is less than a year old. Anyway, the room was nice and clean when we arrived., and the view from the room was pretty nice as well .... although it mostly overlooked the Mall and the city .... not the harbor or river. There were only two minor problems with the room: (1) there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom, so it gets pretty steamed up pretty quickly, and (2) the bathroom door swelled up quite a bit so it was pretty hard to open/close .... and I mean pretty hard!!!! Other than that, it was a pleasant stay overall. The thing that we really liked was that our room had a digital thermostat so we could adjust the temperature in the room at various times during the day. And it wasn't noisy when the A/C clicked on/off. Check in was uneventful .... the receptionist was friendly and cordial. PARKING: it cost $28 dollars a day for valet parking, but you are allowed in/out privileges throughout that day. There is a self park area just behind the hotel (same place that the valet cars are parked at), and it cost $22 per day. This facility is NOT owned by Westin so you actually pay an attendant at the lot. But here's the rub .... it is actually an "hourly" parking facility until you hit the 6 hour mark. Then it's $22 for up to 24 hours. In other words, leave before the 6 hour mark and you pay (I believe it was) $12. If you leave after the 6 hour mark you pay the full $22. AND, there's no in/out. So you pay it every time. The good thing is that it is a pretty secure lot, and there is good transportation options very, very close to the hotel. For instance, the PATH into New York is only a block away, and the train (not into New York) is right next to the hotel. EATING. There are several good restaurants within walking distance, and at the food court in the Mall that is located right next to the hotel. Ask the concierge for a list of reataurants close by and he/she will print one out for you. The hotel's dining facilities are quite good, but you can expect to pay big bucks. For example, the breakfast buffet is $22.95 per person. Good, but worth the price? Not for me. The lobby was always busy and noisy .... may have been in part to a wedding and/or wedding reception going on. But the floor we stay on was pretty quiet .... just the way we like it. The pool was a bit disappointing. It was only three lanes wide and probably no more than 25 yards in lenght. The fitness room however was excellent. State-of-the-art equipment. One last thing .... wireless internet is free in the lobby, but you pay for it in your room. Maybe that's one of the reasons the lobby was so busy most of the time.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2009

If you're looking for a great hotel that offers value compared to staying downtown NYC then stop looking - this is the one. The hotel is beautiful, rooms were big, and the beds are fantastic. The staff were very helpful. No complaints - a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Yes, I reserved through priceline, yes I could not get formal confirmation of room with great view and two beds when I emailed the hotel. However, upon check-in, we were given all we requested by a very, very helpful Westin employee. Thank you Casey !!! And thank you Larry.

Hotel is as described in many positive reviews before. Beds are incredible. PATH subway around the corner.

Tip1: If you plan to buy a Metrocard for new york subway make a small calculation since PATH costs 1,75 each way. If you buy a multiple ride metrocard it works both on MTA and PATH. A one or more day Fun Pass doe not work on PATH.

Tip2: Breakfast: Cosy near Pavonia PATH is very affordable and not bad at all
Tip3: New York NFT (Not For Tourists) is a very detailed little NYC guide

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank pacoNetherlands
Reviewed September 5, 2009

I absolutely adored the Westin, Jersey City. My stay was delightful and I really felt like no matter the request, the staff helped accomodate me. At night while sitting at the lobby lounge I found myself conversing with the Outlet Manager: Joshua Levin. He was extremely personable, and very helpful. He suggested some really nice places for dinner the following evening (a restaurant in which I did enjoy very much) and even helped me with the directions. He was constantly on the floor making sure everyone was being taken care of, and he was laughing and chatting with his bartenders which only leads me to believe that he is not only well-liked by guests, but also by his co-workers. Overall, the Westin surpassed my expectations and I would defintely recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo