“Great service and staff”

The Westin Jersey City Newport
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Jersey City
Reviewed August 25, 2014

The staff allowed us to check in about 4 hours early! She was so accommodating and friendly. The room was beautiful and clean with great views of the Manhattan Skyline and Hoboken. Beds were, shall I say Heavenly? And everything we needed was at our disposal. It was directly across the street from the budget-friendly/safe/clean PATH station- which is about a 5 minute train ride into the center of NYC. Completely accessible without the price tag of a Times Square hotel. A true luxury, and I will definitely choose Westin again.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the NYC views! Absolutely breathtaking!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sierra W
Bhumika B, Executive Assistant at The Westin Jersey City Newport, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Hello Sierra W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As we strive to achieve excellence in customer service, it is wonderful to receive such encouraging comments from our valued guests, and I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. I am delighted to hear that our hotels location perfect for your trip to NY/NJ and you were able to enjoy our hotel’s amenities.

Thank you for your loyalty. We look forward to welcoming soon for refreshing stay and providing you with the consistent service you deserve.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Have just stay for 1 night at Westin new port , very accommoding as I have arrived from Los Angeles on red eye , hotel staff gave me a room right away at 7am, very appreciated.
Great comfortable hotel .very convenient to go in New York

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Bhumika B, Executive Assistant at The Westin Jersey City Newport, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Hello cobaden,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time at our property. As we strive to achieve excellence in customer service, it is wonderful to receive such encouraging comments from our valued guests, and I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. I am delighted to hear that our hotels location perfect for your trip to NY/NJ.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Great stay,
Debbie at the front desk was awesome as was the manager Patrick!
What a nice touch to have the GM Angel greet me each morning in the lobby. Nice touch and always remembered my name
Food was fantastic in the restaurant and very well priced.
Will be sure to stay here again

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank paulr5500

Hello paulr5500,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As we strive to achieve excellence in customer service, it is wonderful to receive such encouraging comments from our valued guests, and I will be sure to share your comments Debbie, Patrick and Angel.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

My last stay at the Westin Jersey City was a total disappointment. This is probably one of the worst Westin's i have ever stayed. Fortunately the staff is very friendly and helpful.
The furniture is old and shows its age: missing pulls, doors not closing, scratched furniture stained fabrics.
The light level is too low.
The bathroom seems to have been partially renovated with new tile on the tub surround and vanity. The rest is original. One of the bathroom wall sconces fell off the wall.
The bed was as comfortable as usual.
The TV's are up for an upgrade.
The minibars are empty and you are supposed to use the old "intelligent minibar" which has slots for bottles as your fridge. Not a great experience. I will not return until this place is renovated.
The late night room service is not acceptable. The menu is limited 4 items. They may as well say they don't have room service after 10:30pm.
The lobby and public spaces seem to have been renovated and it is probably great for meetings and weddings.

Room Tip: I had room facing east with a view of Manhattan and the Empire State Bldg. Good view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karel S
Bhumika B, Executive Assistant at The Westin Jersey City Newport, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Hello Karen S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that you encountered during you stay with us. Please be assured that I have forwarded your comments to our engineering and housekeeping teams so they may look into these further. I have forwarded you comment regarding out late night menu to our management team so that they may look further so that they may look into the concerns mentioned.

Please feel free reach out to me at Bhumika.bharucha@westin.com so that I may look further into your reservation.

Thank you again for your feedback and loyalty. We hope to have an opportunity to welcoming you back for a stay that meets your expectations. I would be delighted to personally assist you during your stay. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any concerns.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

It is a typical Westin, very much the norm (for me this is good). It location is good, we got to Newark ealry in the morning Sunday within 10-15mins, it was very easy. This part of Jersey is new, clean and relaxing. My kids liked this place a lot after a lot of travelling prior to arriving here.

The lobby bar was super busy, and Fire and Oak was not great, but otherwise, once aways from the noise it is a typical & good Westin.

We needed to be closer to Newark for an early moring flight. At check in the doorman sorted out the car, the front desk sorted wake-up calls and helped us plan the morning. The desk staff & doorman were exceptional. We truly felt taken care of.

I love Westin beds and bedding, these were the usual high standard. We had 2 queen sized beds and slept well as the room was quiet, near the end of the hall away from the elevators. The bathroom was a good size with a strong hot shower, we all liked that after a long day touring NY city.

Kids loved the pool - it is a good family pool but may be hard to do laps if kids are around. The gym was workable and th Westin Fit was a good touch ($5 and you get the entire workout kit for the day).

Free WIFI in lobby, i think it is $16 in the room, this is why the lobby is packed with people on their tablets, phones and laptops. I joined the crowd and the lobby wifi was good enough for me.

Even though this is a bit further out from EWR, I will likely use this hotel again when flying out of there as I like the property and the location better than Newark hotels I have previously stayed at.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Danomites

Hello Danomites,

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. As we strive to achieve excellence in customer service, it is wonderful to receive such encouraging comments from our valued guests, and I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. I am delighted to hear that our hotels location perfect for your trip to NY/NJ and you were able to enjoy our hotel’s amenities.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

We ended up staying in Jersey City at the Westin for our latest trip to NYC. It had a Path train just a couple of blocks away. About a 10-15 minute walk away was the Ferry over to the WTC area. My granddaughter loved the Ferry. The room was comfortable but what was very impressive was the service. If we needed ANYTHING, it was taken care of immediately. My only reservation about this hotel was that I didn't have any kind of view of the NYC skyline and it was inconvenient going back and forth. It would have been easier to stay right in the City.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

The trip to New York city and stay at The Westing Jersey City was fabulaous. The hotel is just "wow" for kids. The pool was so relaxing after day long trip in New York City. Food, Drink and room service is great... planning to stay then go for it...my 2 thumbs up.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Courtyard Jersey City Newport
Courtyard Jersey City Newport
#4 of 14 in Jersey City
Residence Inn by Marriott Jersey City

Been to The Westin Jersey City Newport? Share your experiences!