Stayed here for 2 nights beginning August 1, 2014 with my husband and two sons. We were greeted by the valet staff who immediately took charge of our vehicle and luggage. Check in was quick and easy. Within minutes of our arrival we were greeted with a welcome tray of cake pops (which the kids loved), a dessert glass of mixed nuts, bottles of water and a bottle of Cabernet. Our room was a standard room with two double beds. It was spacious and clean. We had a fridge which made it nice for keeping waters and sodas cold. The bathroom was clean with a rain shower. My only complaint regarding the rooms was the lack of vanity lighting in the bathroom. The lightening was not conducive to applying make-up...this may sound trivial but it is something that is important to me. The pool was a lap pool but a decent size and my younger son thoroughly enjoyed himself. The pool was clean and there were always fresh towels available. There was a whirlpool tub as well. I was not impressed with the cleanliness of the whirlpool and in fact, my husband said it was rather dirty when he finally witnessed someone cleaning it. We did not eat any meals in the hotel. The restaurant looked attractive but I cannot say that I saw many people eating there. There is also a bar that never had more than a few people at it. There is a mall adjacent to the hotel and well within walking distance that we went to for shopping and for dining as we were traveling with youngsters. It is also within walking distance to the PATH which provides great service, traffic free into NYC. We were impressed with the attentiveness of the staff and overall had a pleasant stay. We would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the waterfront Financial District of Jersey City, our AAA/CAA Four Diamond hotel is just 200 steps and one subway stop to NYC. Featuring spacious guest rooms and inspiring view of Manhattan we're walking distance to great restaurants on the Hudson waterfront. Explore our hotel renovation, escape to the serenity of our 429 Jersey City accommodations and treat yourself to a stay in one of our elevated rooms for stunning view of the NYC skyline. Experience the rejuvenating Heavenly Bath and the signature Westin Heavenly Bed, perfect for a blissful night's sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The Westin Jersey City Newport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Jersey City, Newport Hotel Jersey City
- Westin Jersey City Newport