“Best Place to stay in Jersey City with amazing views”

The Westin Jersey City Newport
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Jersey City
Mendham, New Jersey
“Best Place to stay in Jersey City with amazing views”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We had a great experience at this Westin Hotel. One of our favorites. The staff was so willing to please and Ben the Concierge was extremely helpful. We had a suite with a girls overnight and a 21st Birthday and he arranged to make it very special for us. The hotel is so clean and comfortable with great views. Location is fantastic. Walking distance to path train to NYC and lots of restaurants around the area to walk to. Parking is a little pricey but the stay was worth it.

Room Tip: The one bedroom corner suite gave a great view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Bhumika B, Executive Assistant at The Westin Jersey City Newport, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Greetings Sarah82060,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had a great experience with us. As we strive to achieve excellence in customer service, it is wonderful to receive such encouraging comments from our valued guests, and I will be sure to share your comments with our Front Desk Managers.

Thank you again for your review. We hope to welcome you back soon for another refreshing stay.

Executive Assistant to the General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Korean first
Washington Township, New Jersey
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Amazing service from the valet to the bellhop to the front desk. Stayed in the Premium room and the soaking tub was amazing. The staff was on top of everything. They answered the phone immediately and brought whatever I needed up to the room promptly. I've stayed at Hiltons, Hyatts, Ritz-Carltons, Marriotts, New York Plaza, etc....This was probably the best service I have ever received from a staff. They made My girlfriend and I feel like royalty. Superior service, beautiful rooms, and great view of lower Manhattan.

Only negative thing was the service at the restaurant (fire & oak) was really slow....but the food was great!

I want to thank the Staff for doing a tremendous job. I can't wait to stay there again next month!

- George

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank George A
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 12, 2014

But I thought it was great. Came here for business, without preset expectations. The hotel accommodations were pleasant and clean. Staff professional. The bedding was firm. We had a conference room that worked well for our group. My shower and safe did not work when I first got into room. They fixed the shower immediately, but I had to be present for them to fix the safe (by their policy).

Exercise room was clean with plenty of exercise equipment. Food that was provided as part of our meeting was great.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Dough_47N
Bhumika B, Executive Assistant at The Westin Jersey City Newport, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Greetings davuda,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience staying with us. As we strive to provide excellent service to our guest, it is wonderful receiving such positive comments from our valued guests.

I apologize for the inconvenience of not having your safe fixed while you were here. As a security protocol, we do ask that the guest is present when security resets the safe in the room. I hope this information for informative in regards to your comments.

Feeding Hills, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I took three of my young adult children for a weekend stay at the Westin in Jersey City. I was fortunate enough to get the Westin after booking from a discount site. We had a wonderful stay. The service from start to finish was superior. Knowing now what the room accommodations and hotel staff were like, I would have gladly paid full price for this hotel. The valet service was excellent. The room service was excellent. The desk service was excellent. And everything was spotless. Will visit again. Easy subway trip into the city as well. I decided to upgrade to a suite on a high floor after one night in a lovely double bed room. I was not disappointed. The view was terrific.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Ruth B
Bhumika B, Executive Assistant at The Westin Jersey City Newport, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Greetings Ruth B,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your first experience with us. As we strive to achieve excellence in customer service, it is wonderful to receive such positive comments from our valued guests, and I will be sure to share your comments with our front desk, valet and housekeeping staff.

new york
Reviewed February 4, 2014

With this being a tough winter here in Jersey city my company has put me up 3 nights at the Westin over the last few weeks. Receptionists are always friendly, lobby is nice. Building is sorta dated on the outside; but inside where it counts everything is modern and in good shape. The rooms are large, well appointed & updated. I'm sure most people love the plush beds & pillows ( I prefer firm) its also nice and quiet which is important to me. Fire & Oak restaurant on premises is a hit. Rated 27 out of 486 in Jersey city. All in all very good hotel two thumbs up.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Greetings Stini,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. As we strive to achieve excellence in customer service, it is wonderful to receive such positive comments from our valued guests. I will be sure to share your comments with our front desk staff so that they may receive the recognition they deserve.

NJ
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I really was not expecting much. This hotel did exceed any expectations I had. I could not have been happier. A lot of nice little touches made our stay even better.
We stayed here for our wedding. Although our wedding was not at the Westin, they went above and beyond to make this day amazing!! The staff here really worked hard to make our day flawless and fabulous! I was thrilled with the staff, I literally felt like a princess!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank L R
Bhumika B, Executive Assistant at The Westin Jersey City Newport, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Greetings LR,

I am so delighted to hear we met your expectations and more during you wedding. We pride ourselves on our guest service and value feedback from our customers.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Greenbelt, MD
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Jersey City has come a long way. This used to be a gritty industrial waterfront, but has been transformed into Wall Street West. This is a nice hotel in an excellent location. It's about 2 blocks from the PATH and the mall. The room was a decent size and comfortable. The breakfast buffet is what you'd expect. On the 7th floor I could hear noise from a party well past midnight - not sure if it was inside the hotel or not, and the staff didn't seem sympathetic when I mentioned it at checkout. Other than that, a comfy and pain-free stay on what turned out to be an otherwise chaotic weekend due to the "polar vortex."

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
#5 of 14 in Jersey City
The Holland Hotel
The Holland Hotel
#4 of 14 in Jersey City

Been to The Westin Jersey City Newport? Share your experiences!