“Friends tell me it's on the wrong side of the river”

The Westin Jersey City Newport
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Jersey City
Reviewed February 12, 2014

But I thought it was great. Came here for business, without preset expectations. The hotel accommodations were pleasant and clean. Staff professional. The bedding was firm. We had a conference room that worked well for our group. My shower and safe did not work when I first got into room. They fixed the shower immediately, but I had to be present for them to fix the safe (by their policy).

Exercise room was clean with plenty of exercise equipment. Food that was provided as part of our meeting was great.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dough_47N
Bhumika B, Executive Assistant at The Westin Jersey City Newport, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Greetings davuda,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience staying with us. As we strive to provide excellent service to our guest, it is wonderful receiving such positive comments from our valued guests.

I apologize for the inconvenience of not having your safe fixed while you were here. As a security protocol, we do ask that the guest is present when security resets the safe in the room. I hope this information for informative in regards to your comments.

Thank you again for your review. We hope to welcome you back soon for another refreshing stay.

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I took three of my young adult children for a weekend stay at the Westin in Jersey City. I was fortunate enough to get the Westin after booking from a discount site. We had a wonderful stay. The service from start to finish was superior. Knowing now what the room accommodations and hotel staff were like, I would have gladly paid full price for this hotel. The valet service was excellent. The room service was excellent. The desk service was excellent. And everything was spotless. Will visit again. Easy subway trip into the city as well. I decided to upgrade to a suite on a high floor after one night in a lovely double bed room. I was not disappointed. The view was terrific.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Ruth B
Bhumika B, Executive Assistant at The Westin Jersey City Newport, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Greetings Ruth B,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your first experience with us. As we strive to achieve excellence in customer service, it is wonderful to receive such positive comments from our valued guests, and I will be sure to share your comments with our front desk, valet and housekeeping staff.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

With this being a tough winter here in Jersey city my company has put me up 3 nights at the Westin over the last few weeks. Receptionists are always friendly, lobby is nice. Building is sorta dated on the outside; but inside where it counts everything is modern and in good shape. The rooms are large, well appointed & updated. I'm sure most people love the plush beds & pillows ( I prefer firm) its also nice and quiet which is important to me. Fire & Oak restaurant on premises is a hit. Rated 27 out of 486 in Jersey city. All in all very good hotel two thumbs up.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Greetings Stini,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. As we strive to achieve excellence in customer service, it is wonderful to receive such positive comments from our valued guests. I will be sure to share your comments with our front desk staff so that they may receive the recognition they deserve.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I really was not expecting much. This hotel did exceed any expectations I had. I could not have been happier. A lot of nice little touches made our stay even better.
We stayed here for our wedding. Although our wedding was not at the Westin, they went above and beyond to make this day amazing!! The staff here really worked hard to make our day flawless and fabulous! I was thrilled with the staff, I literally felt like a princess!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank L R
Bhumika B, Executive Assistant at The Westin Jersey City Newport, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Greetings LR,

I am so delighted to hear we met your expectations and more during you wedding. We pride ourselves on our guest service and value feedback from our customers.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Jersey City has come a long way. This used to be a gritty industrial waterfront, but has been transformed into Wall Street West. This is a nice hotel in an excellent location. It's about 2 blocks from the PATH and the mall. The room was a decent size and comfortable. The breakfast buffet is what you'd expect. On the 7th floor I could hear noise from a party well past midnight - not sure if it was inside the hotel or not, and the staff didn't seem sympathetic when I mentioned it at checkout. Other than that, a comfy and pain-free stay on what turned out to be an otherwise chaotic weekend due to the "polar vortex."

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I travel to the NY area for business several times a year. I usually stay in Manhattan but sometimes I stay at the Westin in Jersey City. It is very much a typical newer Westin and is in good shape. Great bed, great amenities.. The location is the great asset here. You can get a great view and the PATH train will get you to Greenwich Village, the Meatpacking District or Herald Square in minutes. A nice alternative is to take PATH to Hoboken for a nice dinner. The area around the Westin is offices and a mall and some kinda boring restaurants.. So definitely use PATH and have a more memorable meal.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank roadwarriorla
Bhumika B, Executive Assitant at The Westin Jersey City Newport, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Greetings roadwarriorla,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Feedback is our best opportunity to hear the voice of the customer, and to learn the areas in which we can improve our service. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

The hotel is in the nicely-maintained Newport area of Jersey City, amidst major businesses and just around the corner from a large shopping mall. This is a very convenient place for meetings. Self-parking and valet parking are available. The lobby and common areas of this hotel are wide open and pleasant. The staff are very friendly and happy to take time with you. The hotel restaurant has a nice vibe and a varied menu, with vegetarian and vegan menus on request. The sleeping rooms and bathrooms are attractive and clean. However, I would not stay here if my goal was to experience NYC. There are quite a few restaurants in the area, but the streets empty out on weekends and evenings. This is definitely Jersey City: it is not NYC.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the middle of the hallway, between the ice machine and the elevators if you'd...