The Westin Jersey City Newport
The Holland Hotel(Jersey City)(Great Value!)
$149
$233
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $259/night.

Hyatt House Jersey City(Jersey City)
$256
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
$122
  • Breakfast included
Candlewood Suites Jersey City(Jersey City)(Great Value!)
$160
$140
  • Fitness center
$126
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $140/night.

$322
  • Breakfast included
Haiban Inn(Jersey City)(Great Value!)
1,539 results
All reviewsheavenly bedoak restaurantnew yorkpath trainself parkingstarbucks coffeevery nice hotelshopping malllower manhattanfreedom towerlight railmanhattan skylinehigh floorinto nycacross the riverfitness centereasy access to nyc
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My parents wanted to spend my mom's 71st b-day in NY. because i was not able to attend, i sent and email to reservations department of the hotel asking them to prepare her a small cake and a card, or something like that, at first i was not sure if they would respond, but they did, in a matter of 2 days i was able to get in contact with Mr. DIGON who is part of the concierge team, he was kind and very helpful gave me a choice of small details that they could do for her, they even wrote a letter in another language as it was written by hand. This are small details that make the difference between a hotel and another, it is not how much you spend on the room, or the rating, it is always about the human touch and that is why i think this hotel is great!.

My whole family had a great stay, they enjoyed the facilities of the hotel, the friendliness of the staff, it was clean and overall a 4.5 out of 5. Thank you Westin, specially Mr Digon.

Room Tip: Get in contact with Mr Digon or the concierge team.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Leslie T, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at The Westin Jersey City Newport, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear jizch84,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We pride ourselves on our guest services and are always delighted to hear such wonderful feedback. I am glad that one of our Concierge team members was able to assist in making your mother's birthday celebration more enjoyable and that your family enjoyed their stay with us.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you for a stay soon.

Leslie Thompson

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed here August/Sept 2013, having visited on 4 previous occasions. Premium Room for 6 night stay, with what would have been a beautiful view of Manhattan, had I been able to see past the greasy finger and head marks on the windows from previous guests. I did report this to the hotel staff at the reception desk, but they chose not to clean the windows before I left, Perhaps the marks are still there?

On to the reception staff...there is nothing more frustrating than getting to your room on the 21st floor and the key card has been de-activated - trek back to the lobby, only to be told by the receptionist, in a rude and off-hand manner that I must have had the key card next to my cell phone! All my own fault apparently. Well, no, I didn't have a cell phone with me.

I asked the concierge for a 4.00pm checkout, he checked this with David, Front Desk Manager, only to be told this was not possible. When I said that I was unhappy about this, he referred me to David. When I went to speak to David, he did not look up from what he was doing, said in a very off-hand manner, that he had already agreed to my 4.00pm checkout.

On to the linen issue...I thought at first that I was imagining things - the towels, pillows and sheets smelled sour, after puting up with this for 4 days, I mentioned this to the Head of Housekeeping, who agreed that they were experiencing a problem with the laundry. I could not believe that the hotel knew about it, but continued to use this sour smelling linen.

The shower cubicle in the very nice bathroom had what appeared to be mould growing around the corner...this was also reported to Head of HouseKeeping, but unfortunately nothing was done about this, while I was there.

All in all, I had the kind of experience in the Westin this time, that means that it is unlikely that I would return there...bad attitudes + smelly linen + unclean room = unhappy guests. I raised all of the above with Leslie Thompson, who seems to respond to Trip Advisor reviews of the hotel. Ms Thompson's response was that she was sorry for the above and gave me 4000 Starwood Guest Points! I am sorry, but that really doesn't do it for me! I sent an email to Colleen Senter, General Manager, some weeks ago, but as yet, no response. I do not feel that I got good value for the $1800 dollar cost of the stay at the Westin.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JanMacGlasgow
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I booked a room here after staying at the company paid Hyatt Jersey City as I was paying for this on my own. I was able to get it for $100 a night less. Location next to the PATH is great for going to Manhattan. My only complaint was that the Wi-Fi seemed a little slow but wasn't too bad. My view was of the apartment building next door. All in all, I liked the hotel and the bed was extremely comfortable. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I traveled to NYC with my two young daughters and my mother and was so glad we chose to stay here as opposed to staying in NYC. We flew into EWR and took a $49 cab ride so within 10 minutes we were at our hotel. Hotel was beautiful! We stayed in a corner suite on the 21 floor and the view was absolutely amazing. Debbie at the front desk was so kind and helpful too, my girls just loved her. The hotel is really nice and a breath of fresh air as opposed to staying in NYC, which we went to every day. We took a $20 cab ride to Liberty park in the morning and boarded the ferry to Lady Liberty. That was a bonus too. The ferries from NYC were completely packed while ours had maybe 20 people on it. Everyone we encountered was very kind and helpful. It was so nice to go to NYC (20-30 minutes on PATH and then Subway depending where you are going) and then come back to Jersey City and feel like we could walk at a normal pace and breath again! ;-) We used the pool every day and my girls loved it. Larger than many hotel pools and a nice hottub too. The only negative I found was the cost for internet, which we didn't really need so didn't purchase it, and the cost so use a microwave. You get one free reheat and then it is $5 after that. Or you can rent one for $30 a day. SILLY!!! We just wanted some easy mac for the girls. There is a nice Mall right behind the hotel we went to the first day. Yummy places to eat there and some normal mall shops. I think one of favorite things in Jersey City was eating the ice cream from the ice cream man just down the street from the hotel. Cheap, and delicious! I think it was like $8 for all four of us each night and it was really good for an evening snack.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room at the corner of the hotel as high up as you can get!! ;-)
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The Good:
- PATH train gives easy access to Mid-town and WTC
- Clean, comfortable, and great quality sleep
- Good deal if you can get it below $200 / night

The Bad:
- WIFI costs $9.99 per day. Hard to believe any decent hotel would do this in 2013. -1 star
- Upgrade to Deluxe King was not worth it. Even from Deluxe room, the view is almost completely obstructed by other buildings

Room Tip: The upgrade to Deluxe King from Standard Room is not worth it. The view from the Deluxe Rooms across the river to Manhattan is almost completely obstructed by other buildings.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank T6D3