The hotel was very much what I expect from Westin--pretty lobby, comfortable rooms, good bedding, very clean. I somehow ended up on the top floor (Starwood preferred guests) and had a decent view (not of Manhattan though, bummer). There were no major issues and I appreciated the luxe bed, ample working space, and good fitness center. Great business hotel.
I didn't get much opportunity to wander because I was attending a seminar that took place in the Westin, but when I ventured out for dinner in the neighborhood, there weren't good options close by. My friend who lives in "J-City" claims it's a "weird" part of town. However, it's very convenient to Manhattan on the PATH. The train was closed for the weekend, only due to Sandy I understand. It is also a quick cab ride through the Holland tunnel, however, fares are astronomical for such a short ride so be advised. (And the PATH really is simple.)
The staff and service was ok, not noteworthy. The front desk almost steered me to the closed PATH train and gave very vague directions. Luckily a manager happened to walk by and overhear the conversation. I was frustrated by the empty mini bar. Before I headed out to dinner I was hoping for a quick snack after a long flight. I had to wait 20 minutes for room service to walk a granola bar up to my room - NOT appreciated.
Overall, it's a good property, excellent room, and should live up to your expectations but won't astound you with its luxury--which again, is exactly what I expect from Westin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the waterfront Financial District of Jersey City, our AAA/CAA Four Diamond hotel is just 200 steps and one subway stop to NYC. Featuring spacious guest rooms and inspiring view of Manhattan we're walking distance to great restaurants on the Hudson waterfront. Explore our hotel renovation, escape to the serenity of our 429 Jersey City accommodations and treat yourself to a stay in one of our elevated rooms for stunning view of the NYC skyline. Experience the rejuvenating Heavenly Bath and the signature Westin Heavenly Bed, perfect for a blissful night's sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Jersey City Newport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Jersey City, Newport Hotel Jersey City
- Westin Jersey City Newport