Lets get one thing clear. This hotel is in Jersey City...and as far as this reviewer is concerned, that makes no difference whatsoever to the tourist looking to experience NYC for the first time, or the tenth time!
LOCATION - With views across the Hudson to the New York City skyline, It rates for me as an A+ location. It is also situated across the road from the PATH rail service, linking you directly to the Big Apple in less than 10 minutes - Or, if you prefer, take the NJ Transit tram, located just up the street from the Westin, to Exchange Place and get the ferry across to the World Trade Centre location, which is home to the 9/11 memorial. At $6 for the ferry, it's a great way to reach the city.
When I think of New York, I always think of the illuminated skyline and at the Westin, you get a cracking view (even some of the normal rooms have views towards the city), both morning and night.
PRICE - Compared to NYC, it's a million miles better value for money!!! We stayed two nights for £175 ($280) per night - We had a luxurious stay, fantastic facilities and courteous, friendly staff - Exactly the type of service you would expect from a quality establishment. Spend that kind of money in the heart of the city and you'll be lucky to get clean sheets!!!! ;)
HOTEL - Westin is part of the Starwood group of hotels, which includes Sheraton amoung others and is synonymous with quality. The Westin Jersey City is no different. The bed size in our hotel room was California King - i.e. really big.
The standard rooms are generously sized, perfect for a couple looking for sprawl and comfort.
The pillows and duvets are fantastic quality and the matresses, at least in my opinion, are the perfect combination of firm and soft.
The hotel staff were all super friendly, as you would expect in the USA (best customer service in the world hands down) - They knew the various crafts, from food service and menus to cocktails, beers and facilities. It's always nice to know you are in capable hands.
Overall, the hotel is spot on. You get luxurious quality at a fraction of the price, a stones throw from the city with the best views in town. And only 20 mins from Newark Liberty Airport.
What better way to start, enjoy and finish your stay in New York city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the waterfront Financial District of Jersey City, our AAA/CAA Four Diamond hotel is just 200 steps and one subway stop to NYC. Featuring spacious guest rooms and inspiring view of Manhattan we're walking distance to great restaurants on the Hudson waterfront. Explore our hotel renovation, escape to the serenity of our 429 Jersey City accommodations and treat yourself to a stay in one of our elevated rooms for stunning view of the NYC skyline. Experience the rejuvenating Heavenly Bath and the signature Westin Heavenly Bed, perfect for a blissful night's sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Jersey City Newport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Jersey City, Newport Hotel Jersey City
- Westin Jersey City Newport