“Fine Dinning”

Ranked #11 of 615 Restaurants in Jersey City
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Business meetings and some find dinners. Food is very good, server excellent, and the atmosphere is great.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

We went to Porto Leggero the weekend after Valentines. We got there a few minutes late because we couldn't find the place, but were still seated immediately. We both started with raviolis. I had wild mushroom raviolis with a delicious sauce. They were excellent. My girlfriend had the butternut squash raviolis. I thought mine were excellent until i tried hers!! Wow!! Nothing short of perfection. Just the right amount of sweetness, light crunch outside,and a velvety smooth delicious center. We split a rock shrimp appetizer which was nothing special. Not bad, but not mind blowing either. I don't think we got any other apps, but the piece de resistance was my gorgeous veal chop. Big, juicy, and cooked to perfection. So good that i can't even remember what my girlfriend's entree was. This was my first time at Porto Leggero, but I'm pretty sure it is not my last. We had a great meal. Can't wait to try something else next time. But i'm sure i'll have those butternut squash raviolis if they have them. So should YOU

Reviewed December 18, 2011

What the chef does with seafood should be a crime. We are hooked on his seafood pasta! Chef Angelo is a pro with these ingredients.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

I have been to this restaurant several times with my spouse. I have never been disappointed.
We have also gone there with a large group and the big tables are great for celebrations. It is hard to pick one favorite, but let's just say the short ribs are out of this world.
Porto Leggero is a short walk from the Light Rail.

1  Thank Noraneal
Reviewed November 14, 2011

If you are looking for a median price range dining experience with excellent food, you should try this place. We went with a group of nine. The staff were more than accommodating even altering the complimentary appetizer for the four vegetarians in our group.

Everything was excellent in both taste and appearance although some of the ordered appetizers were a little small for the price. Staff was extremely accommodating even brining out the birthday cake we brought with us lit up. They took it back and sliced and served it with a beautiful presentation on the plate. Above and beyond.

This isn't the supreme fine dining experience with white glove service, but it's an exceptional place to consider for a nice romantic quiet dinner or a customer entertainment option in the financial district of Jersey City. My husband and I will definitely go again.

For those of you driving in, the parking isn't highlighted very well. Drive around to the back of the building to park in the parking garage. If you have the ticket validated, you can park there for free and walk through the lobby of the office complex rather than searching for parking and walking all over!

1  Thank Sorah M