All reviews grove street front desk breakfast team krispy kreme breakfast lounge path station modern rooms third floor every employee free breakfast is full kitchen grocery store convenient location business traveler home away from home every morning into nyc
Selected filters
Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

First let me start by thanking Kathy and Savannah for assisting setting up this work stay for myself and four other colleagues. The hotel itself was lovely. The place is immaculate and the rooms are very spacious. It is located just steps from the Grove Street Path which makes it more than convenient to travel into NYC. There are plenty of spots to dine or grab a bite and bring it back to your room. There is a Krispy Kreme just outside the hotel if your mouth waters at lighted sign for hot donuts! Free breakfast was good. The third floor had an awesome area to sit and relax outside by the fire. There is a farmers market a block over on Thursday and Friday which offered a variety of eats. There is a parking garage at the end of the block which was easy to get in and seemed very secure. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2019

We stayed in Jersey Inn for four weeks. I'd highly recommend this place, it has awesome facilities (gym, laundry, lounge) and super friendly and helpful staff - - Cyrine, Cyrus and Erica! Staying here feels like staying at home,true to its tagline. Rooms and facilities are always clean. And oh, their breakfasts are sooo good! Definitely the place to be, when you're in Jersey city. :)

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2019

I stayed in this hotel for a trip to NY and being on top on the PATH subway station on Grove St. was a major plus. Very convenient.

The hotel itself is very clean and attractive. The free breakfast was great. The service left a little to be desired. I had told the hotel staff that I required a crib for my child prior to arrival, and it was not in our room when we checked in. When we were done with it in the middle of our trip, we asked it to be removed (while we explored the city) and when we returned, it was still there. The air filter was filthy when we checked in, and I asked for it to be replaced. It wasn't. I asked again, and then it got done. The staff was very nice every step of the way, however because I had to ask multiple times for the same request, I felt a bit frustrated.

Parking is also expensive so be aware. $28-45 a day.

Tremendous location (for NYC and Statue of Liberty), very clean hotel, great breakfast, but the service could have been better.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2019

Pros:

1) Wonderful beds
2) Awesome front desk staff
3) Good dark curtains
4) Great location

CONS:

1) Dogs and dog hair and smell of urine.

Ever since the morons at Marriott allowed dogs into Residence Inns, they were basically telling all non-dog owners and people allergic to dogs that you don't matter. The same with the airlines.

Very sad as for almost 65 years of Marriott's existence, they never allowed dogs. Now dogs are in all Residence Inn's and they bark and urinate in the rooms. The dog hair is everywhere. For non-dog owners, we can no longer travel. Thank you to all the selfish people who bring their dogs everywhere.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank mark g
KevinCifuentes, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2019

Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the Residence Inn Jersey City.

Though Residence Inn is an extended stay brand that welcomes pets, we do our best to sanitize the room so that the next guest will not inconvenienced. Please feel free to contact me at kevin.cifuentes@marriott.com to discuss your experience further so that we can ensure we're doing all we can to provide a welcoming and comfortable home away from home for all our guests.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed May 22, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is amazing. From the time we walked in from the time we left. Amazing staff at the front desk, maintenance & the bar. They have a beautiful outside deck with a firepit & huge grill with couches & games to relax. The rooms are super cozy & roomy. Plenty of restaurants in walking distance & a nice area. I loved our stay. A 15 minute ride into NYC. Thanks again to this amazing staff

Date of stay: May 2019