All reviews grove street front desk breakfast team breakfast lounge krispy kreme path station modern rooms every employee free breakfast is full kitchen grocery store convenient location third floor great option home away from home business traveler every morning
Selected filters
Reviewed May 9, 2019

had a little snafu when I first got to the hotel. recv'd a text from Marriott saying that my room was ready to check in at about 10am. I thought that that might be pretty early but figured they wouldn't send me a notice giving the thumbs up if the room wasn't ready. I go to check in and surprise, the room was not ready. I wait till about 2pm and go back and it still wasn't ready. After a little back and forth with the desk rep they gave me a room with a king size bed instead of the double queen I had reserved which was not a problem at all for me because I was there solo. after I got past this the stay was wonderful. service and staff was very helpful and attentive.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

Alex at the front desk is absolutely wonderful.
Please commend her for all her efforts and professionalism. She’s a credit to the hotel and the entire Marriott corporation. Truly someone who cares.
She was equally nice and helpful when we visited last August as well. Always cheerful and puts the customers first and foremost.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2019

Clean comfortable hotel with super convenient location to the Path trains which have you in Manhattan in 15 minutes. Staff is friendly. Street noise can be problematic -- go for a high floor on the side facing away from the street. Breakfast is a little better than the usual Residence Inn breakfast -- the cinnamon crumb cake was very good.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2019 via mobile

I have a project that brings me to Jersey city every week. I cannot begin how comfortable I feel staying here. The rooms are big and clean. The location is perfect, right on top of Grove street PATH station. Breakfast is excellent. The best feature though is the staff. Special shout out to miss smiley Myledi, Alex, the entire breakfast staff and Kathy! Thank you!!!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2019

I have been staying at the Residence Inn just about every other week since Oct 2018. This hotel is terrific. All staff —housekeeping, diningroom staff , front desk staff are always helpful, courteous and smiling. In particular I would like to mention the front desk staff -Kevin, Alex and Nelli. They exemplfy what great customer service is all about. Highly, highly recommend. Wendy

Room tip: Love the king one bedroom suite or 2 queen bed options
Date of stay: March 2019