Nanking
Ranked #151 of 615 Restaurants in Jersey City
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Okay so the good news ambience inside was good and the staff were friendly. But that is it. The food was absolutely DIABOLOLICAL and i believe may actually have been dangerous. The fish SMELT and was not cooked properly. I believe it was old. Everyting else had a weird taste and was defintely not fresh at all- in fact it was off. We paid and got the heck out of there and we live locally and we will NEVER go back. Have you seen kitchen nightmares where the kitchen is full of dangerous old food supplies. This place is the BEFORE !!!!! Stay away. You have been warned.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Avg garish decor. Right in the heart of exchange place. With fewer options around, most of the people keep coming back to it and that explains the crowd. I have in 5 years of knowing the restaurant only heard terrible things about it, coupled with my own experience and word of moUth, I would not rate it as a palatable experience.
- terrible north indian food. Stale gravies in which they drown veggies, meats and fritters. Breads are normal. But a certain staleness spoils the experience and you have to be quite experienced with indian food to know that it is bad. The non cooking Indians used to eating rich food don't mind the place.
- bad Chinese food. It is like Chinese food being made in a food court but at a much higher price tag. In the food court you know that the oil is bad, the food is not nutritious and it is a quick bit. But Nanking is a put off for it is not a food court take away joint.
- avg staff (it is rare to come across an indian restaurant with happy staff)
If all the people who eat at Nanking were to put down their reviews, they wouldn't be in business.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Great food and enviroment. You will need to let them know when you are raady to leave by asking for the checck or they will let you mingle all evening.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

The place was awesome. The food was delicious and the options of wine was good. Though we reached on a night which was chilly and the waiting at the place was 60 minutes. Better option is obvious to make prior bookings. On top the waiting lounge was pretty small for a large family of ours. But he made it up by serving us real quick .

all the options on the menu we ordered for were well prepared and substantial quantity. I am certainly going back......

Reviewed May 11, 2012

I loved their coriander chicken and my husband was the chicken pad thai. Nice Setting, average service, okay drinks, nothing special. I heard it got worst, would't recoomned it.