“Go for the Chicken and Waffles on the weekends!”
Review of Soul Flavors - CLOSED

Soul Flavors
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Fried Buttermilk chicken on top of perfect waffles with a cream maple reduction...heaven! The biscuits and corn bread were prefection. The sides of mac and cheese (ok, but I am not a fan usually of it), but LOVED the okara which had a smoky flaor and consistency was ice and leafy, not mushy. Great place, service, got there when they opened at noon, no wait!

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Visited during a holiday to NYC. Everything we had was delicious & the $30 combo menu is excellent value. Very popular at weekends so worth making a reservation.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been to this restaurant 3 times. I love the soul food it's all prepared great the flavors are finger licking good. LOL The service is great the waiter is always pleasant & smiling. I hope to one day meet the chef. Mac & Cheese is my favorite dish :) I will be returning soon!!!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband and I LOVE this place. It's high end soul food if there ever was such a thing! Genius!! The chef if nice and talks to the guests. His menu is made with so much love and heart and SOUL. We went there several times and I remember everything being good. Mac and cheese, yum! Fried chicken, yum! There was an amazing blackened salmon dish and OMG the dessert!! Please go! Jersey city's gem!

1  Thank Sashab M
Reviewed October 21, 2012

loved the food very flavorful and the service was great.......cant wait to return once you eat there you won't stop eating there..