“Pretty Good”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I'll go back because it's local and the food is an interesting blend of southern and Caribbean but nothing sticks in my head as a dish I want to tell my friends to go try. I wouldn't go out of my way to come back but it's good enough to come to again as a local joint.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We had the ribs, fried catfish, sweet potato casserole, mac and cheese, biscuits and cornbread. The biscuits were a bit undercooked, but had good flavor. Everything else was well executed. BYOB made for a fun, inexpensive evening. Small, relaxed atmospher with personal service. We would definitely return!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stumbled across Soul Flavors while walking in the water area looking for something good to eat. What a find--a gem!! We have been back on several ocassions since. The food is prepared with care and presented with flare. We haven't had a bad meal---the chicken and waffles are a must, as is the sweet potato cheesecake with vanilla ice cream!! The service was friendly and helpful. A definite if you are in the JC area and looking for home cooking.

2  Thank POPPOPWHAT
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I don't recall ever sending a meal back in my life. So tonight was a first. The fried chicken I'd ordered was too salty, over cooked, and didn't taste quite right. The waitress offered to take it back, so I agreed. My beau's smothered chicken, on the other hand, was raw (after waiting for 25 minutes for it to brought from the kitchen) and we decided to pay for what we'd eaten--biscuits and an overdressed salad--and leave. The staff was pleasant enough about the experience, but I won't return. I'd suggest you'd avoid Soul Favors.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

I live in Jersey and everytime I want to dinne out, my first choice is Soul Flavours, chef Wayne is terrific and I loved every meal listed on their menu.
Sometimes the order takes longer to come out, but it's worth it!

When you are at Jersey stop in at this culinary gem.