“Excellent value for money!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jersey City Bed & Breakfast

Jersey City Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Jersey City B&B and Inns
The Hague
“Excellent value for money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2010

You know these nondescript hotels where people are friendly but also have a distant so-called 'professional' attitude? This is certainly not the case in Jersey City Bed and Breakfast in New Jersey. Very close to Path station - where you can catch the train to Manhattan which only takes a few minutes - this place feels like a home away from home. Its keeper Lonnie Sobel is one of the nicest, welcoming host we ever met: on our first day he took us to Path Station for a quick introduction of Jersey City and at night he even drove us to Hoboken for dinner. The room we were in was very clean day after day - thanks to Maja - and had a nice solid bed where we could stretch out after a long day in New York City. Lonnie is quite a character: he travelled around the world and has a lot of fun stories. Whether it is about where to get New York's best thin-crust pizzas or one of his first jobs at Max's Kansas City, Lonnie always has something interesting to tell you. And then there is breakfast: we thought one of the nicest things about this B&B is that all guests are at the same table. The result is an interesting talk every morning with people from all different walks of life. Talking about a fresh start every day! If you plan a trip to NYC, whether it is for one night or more, go to Lonnie's. Take our word for it: you won't be sorry! We rate this B&B a firm five stars.

Sandra and Jan Binken
The Hague, The Netherlands

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Sannieswirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San jose, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2010

I spent a week on business in New York a few weeks ago. Previously I've stayed in Manhattan. This time I decided to try Jersey City's Bed and Breakfast - where, for less than I once paid for a 7x6 foot room (yes I measured it!) in a 1 star hotel in Manhattan, I got a spacious bedroom, private bathroom, complimentary breakfast, and many, many extras from bathroom supplies such as a dressing gown and hair dryer to office supplies. What I particularly appreciated was the thought the owner has put into equipping the rooms - not only did I have access to high speed internet, but I had access to a complimentary computer in my room and every sort of stationery supply I could possibly want - stapler, rubber bands, ruler, calculator, you name it and it had been thoughtfully provided. If you've ever traveled on business you've probably experienced the frustration of having to fumble a pile of papers in a meeting simply because you didn't have access to a simple thing like a stapler when you were preparing. I've never been so well rested or so well prepared for meetings as I was staying at Jersey City B&B, and the location was very convenient - just a brisk 10 minutes walk to the train, and a quick hop into Manhattan. Thank you for a great stay, I will be back!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2009

The owners/staff (for want of a better word) were very nice and attentive. Being from the area they had a lot of good advice and suggestions for getting around. Breakfast was supplied and there was good variety. The room was cosy - big, separate bathroom, plenty of room for bags, had computer, water, coffee. The location was handy for Manhattan - six blocks across and six blocks down from the PATH station that takes you to Manhattan. I liked the location as I wasn't afraid to walk. The bed was very comfortable too. Can't say what I liked least: I got more than what I paid for and the owners/staff were very friendly. I felt like a distant family member staying over for a few nights.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank ukemigrant
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

absolutely perfect, from the begining to the end ! The rooms: we slept in the king size room. The king size bed was really comfortable, and the Tvs were really neat: the giant one was realy cool with its hundreds of channels, and the other had english subtitiles, which came really handy for us, foreign tourists. I can't think of anything wrong... really fantastic ! After a full day visiting New York, we couldn't wait to go home to rest in this really welcoming place ! the service was awesome. Everyone was really kind and nice, and made this journey even greater ! Lonnie, Rafael were adorable! The cleanliness was as good as possible. And the breakfast : even better then in hotels. Pancakes, waffles, fresh fruit salad, it was always yummy and delicious. We had a great time back there. We really recommand this place !

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank rafazev
Buckinghamshire, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2009

Stayed for two nights at the start of a road trip to celebrate pur honeymoon and my 40th birthday. Picked this hotel because of the parking and close proximity to the PATH station into NY. Stayed in the kingsize room. Or should I say rooms. We had 2 bedrooms, a laundry room and small living space. The only problem was we couldnt find the '@' symbol on the computer as it was set up differently to what we were used to. We were allowed to use the kitchen and eat and drink what we wanted. However, a communication problem between the American and English language meant there was no baby crib/cot so we bought a small travel one with us. Having stayed in Jersey city before I knew it was a relativley safe neighbourhood to walk in so didnt worry in walking to Grove Station and Journal Square Stations. Even got asked directions within an hour of being there and mamanged to help the lady! The people who ran/worked there were very friendly and their children made us very welcome. Would love to stay there again

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Greengemlover
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2009

www.bandb2.com
Jersey City's Bed and Breakfast
442 Mercer Street, Jersey City, NJ 07302
Call [--] or E-mail: [--]

This B&B is at 10 minutes walking from the PATH (metro) in Jersey City. The hosts, when they can, they will take you to the PATH by car. If not, you're in downtown NYC in about 20 minutes, the PATH is safe and open all day and night.

Very very nice people and the breakfasts are sooo good and ready when you are. They have all kinds of milk, peanut butter, jellies, bread...!

The rooms are great with big TV screen, a computer and also free Internet WI-FI and phone, plus an espresso machine, a fridge (full with sodas and water) and air conditionner. Everything smells good and is very clean, the bathroom is full with shampoo, soap, towels, hair dryer... so you don't ask for things that you need, everything is there already.

Great for kids too by the way, they enjoy that. You'll have an extra bed for them in your room if you need it.

Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2009

I usually stay in Manhattan. Once you add the cost of Parking, the cost is just too expensive. I was looking for a alternative and I found an excellent one with this place. I have to admit I was a bit apprehensive about a B&B in Jersey City, but after staying here, I'll never go back to the city.
The rooms and suites are huge by anyone's standard. I checked in and saw a nice size bedroom and was pretty happy with it. I didn't realize that I had a big living room to go with it as well. I had a private microwave/refrig. The refrig was stocked with different sodas, all included. A coffee making machine, not those little drip ones you see in hotels. TV with so many channels.
Not only do you get all this, but it also includes a full breakfast and parking. They are a 10 minute walk to the Train Station that gets you into Manhattan in a matter of minutes. They even have a pinball machine and a incredible massage chair. I will never stay in the city again as long as they are open.
Thank you for the hospitality.

• Disliked — NONE
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank bam0165