“Wow don't go to Great adventure”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jackson
Tip Tam Camping Resort
“Wow don't go to Great adventure”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Wow what a campground activities all day and all night with a DJ that was great .y would u spend money a great adventure when everything is right there and safety that first on there list .i left my kids all day while my wife and I just relaxed near the pool .the lifeguard was friendly and nice just like the staff

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Hillsborough, New Jersey
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We have stayed at TipTam for the last 5 years. We started out with a week the first year, then took a month for a couple years, then stayed the whole summer one year. The DW and DD stay down all week, I commute on Friday and Monday.

The CG is reminiscent of campgrounds I grew up visiting as a kid. The roads are not paved and the sites are generally sandy and tree shaded. This is not a fancy, each site is individually landscaped, separated from your neighbor upscale place. It is a place that on weekends has a load of activities for the little campers. It has two pools that are clean and sunny. The people that stay here are generally friendly sorts. There is a good healthy mix of weekenders and seasonals and month-longers. Water pressure is good, sewer work, electricity is good, cable is good, internet can be spotty. The CG is close enough to the 'shore' to be accessible, but not on top of it. It is generally a quiet place, although on occasion the nearby airbase will have training flights doing TnG training. Six-Flags is near-by. It is a generally restful place.

One should keep in mind that Tip Tam is NOT a destination campground. They do not have an in-house water-park and they are not centered on a single attraction. There are a number of things to do in the area all with in an hour or so of TipTam. There are Flea-Markets, The shore, Amusement parks, Winery tours, canoe trips though the pines, historic sites, shopping and the opportunity to do nothing!

The family that owns and runs this place are nice people. they are there all day, every day. They don't have a lot of outside help hired on for the season, when you go to the office, you are greeted by an owner, when you see someone raking the sites that people have vacated, he is one of the family. They care.about the place and take great effort to keep it family friendly. We see people with pets and there seems to be no problem, keep the dog on a leash and pick-up after it. Have a beer with dinner or a glass of wine, no problem, but get sloshed....

I think some of the reviews are from people that really should reconsider their mode of vacationing. If they want a 5-star hotel, RVing is not the answer. If they want free-run without concern for the people around them, then go boon-dock somewhere, a CG in a densely populated area is not for you. Also, this is not an Adults Only place, it really is geared towards families as in Mon-Dad and the little guys. Older teens might get bored, then again, older teens tend to get bored if they have to be around the parental units regardless of where they are.

What would I change? I would add later hours on the pool, maybe to 8PM. I honestly can't think of much else.

We have looked at a number of places in NJ and camped at a few. Yes, Cape May has some really nice places, but Jackson is NOT Cape May, there are some nice places in Norther Jersey, again Not Jackson. We looked at Indian Rock, can't recommend that. UGLY, Butterfly was OK, the rest in the area are really poor, little more than squatter villages sadly.

I can comfortably recommend TipTam as a place to spend a week or two.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JimN1953
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We spent several weeks at this facility while working in the area. Although it was technically closed for the season, the staff went out of their way to make guests comfortable and to provide everything needed to make a pleasant stay. We found the hosts welcoming and helpful in every way and the facilities very nice. Will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I went to tip tam on a family vacation over the summer of 2012, and it was EXCELLENT !! My children had a ball, the staff was funny and friendly, These reviews are disgusting, so over dramatic ! The pools were so clean and the lifeguard were so friendly. The store has the "little thing" if you forgot anything at home. The women in the store were great as well. The activities were very cute and the sites were very spacious. You cant walk your dog around the park, but remember some people dont clean up after their dogs.. I nor my family want to be stepping in poop!!! Over all very nice place and I WILL be back summer 13'

• Stayed July 2012
Mountville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 17, 2012

UGH! They are not pet friendly--barely pet tolerant! We too found that we could not walk our dogs around the park. They actually chased us down with a golf cart to keep us from walking any further. Imagine 2 jack russells walking the perimeter of the sandy camp pad. They charge $10 deposit for the gate card and then the office wasn't open to refund the deposit. What a scam.
Most of the seasonals were not friendly either. The man and wife next to us were extremely rude and their poor dog was always getting yelled at.
We had discussed taking a week long trip there since it is close to the beaches but we will NEVER return to this park. I am originally from NJ and am really sorry to say that this experience was awful and so were the native NJ residents of the park.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jill S
middletown nj
Reviewed August 24, 2012

we wanted a week-end get away for the kids and chose tiptam because it was close to home,what a mistake.The staff was very cold and unfriendly and acted like they didn't want to be bothered. the pool area opens at 10:00 am and closes at noon for lunch reopens from 1:00 to 6:00 pm. they have 2 pools and the pool that is shallow enough for small children is dominated by adult and kids playing volleyball all day leaving a very small area for small children in the pool about 3' x 3' space to play in. The lifeguard seems to be obliviuos to the problem. The total week-end was a waste of time and money.I would rather camp in my driveway before I would go there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Neptune, New Jersey
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Well first thing was when I called up to make the reservation and told the lady about mentioning there web sight add (discount) she told me that didnt include the weekend. It didnt say that on there web sight!! Also staff was unfriendly and when my kids wanted to play a game in the office (there is no game room) the game didnt work also bought a toy for my daughter that was broke forget about taking it back!! Dont think about having an adult beverage they will check whats in the cup!! The only ok thing was the pool it was clean but the hours are not great they close by 6pm I live in Jersey and would never go back there are to many nicer places to visit!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jenhav3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Ramada Toms River
Ramada Toms River
#3 of 11 in Toms River
Best Western Leisure Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Hampton Inn & Suites Robbinsville
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River
Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore

Been to Tip Tam Camping Resort? Share your experiences!