“Worst dinner EVER”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner here. I had some seafood dinner. Over $30 for it. Needed a knife to cut seafood. It was so bad. What a waste of time and money.

2  Thank Debbi L

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The staff greets you like you're a regular even if it's the first time you have dinned there. The food is always excellent ,and great friendly prompt service. The place is nautically decorated hence the name. The dinning area is small but great things come in small packages. This is by far the best restaurant in Jackson. It is a BYOB establishment.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I've reviewed this restaurant previously. It is a pleasant little place with excellent service and an owner and staff who really make you feel welcome. The food is consistently excellent and eating there is a real pleasure. I usually have their parmesan crusted grouper which is beautifully prepared and served over wilted spinach with potato. My wife has had their seafood fiesta which is wonderful and we have had a variety of seafood dishes prepared in multiple styles from southwestern to plain broiled. Their appetizers are wonderful and include grouper bites, buffalo shrimp and scallops and a great crab spring roll. All meals come with salad. The bread they serve is warm and fresh. Bring your own bottle. Enjoy the meal and the service.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were planning a trip down to Point Pleasant, a yearly trek to the Lobster Shanty for my birthday. BUT my husband got stuck at work and we could never make it all the way down there and back with two kids in tow at the later hour. Lighthouse Grill was found on a google search as we needed to stay in town for dinner. what an EXCELLENT surprise. the menu was loaded with great seafood dishes, it was hard to decide what to try! The kids food came quickly while we enjoyed appetizers and we loved everything - you saved my birthday dinner and got my husband out of the dog house!!! SERVICE was wonderful and friendly. like I saw in other reviews the room is small, but we called ahead and made reservations, just an hour before we left. honestly with two small children I love a restaurant that takes reservations over the phone, I hate waiting at the door. and once seated, the room size really didn't matter! Would recommend it and will be going back!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Took Mom here for Sunday lunch, and we all really enjoyed it. For lunch, you may have sandwiches, crab cake platters, fish and chips, etc, or you can get the early bird dinner specials which include soup, coffee and dessert. We opted for the dinner special and started with the Lobster Bisque soup, which came with oyster crackers. I knew then that it was going to be great. I had the broiled combo, which included shrimp, flounder, crab cakes, and clams, and it was all fresh and done perfectly. The desserts vary by day, but they always have creme brulee and tiramisu on the menu. They were out of creme brulee that day, but Mom ate every bit of the tiramisu and I enjoyed the mini cannollis. The early bird special desserts only include either pie or ice cream, but the extra cost for a special dessert was really worth it. It was also nice that it was not at all crowded for lunch, so I'd recommend this. They also have some outside seating, which might be really nice in good weather. I loved the beachy decor!