“Not like they say”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jackson
Butterfly Camping Resort
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Save your money don't come here especially with the lollllly pop flash light hunt in 5 sec it's over wow that some activity and don't for get your bug spray bugs all over because they don't pick up the leaves. Don't go they say the other campground is rude I think they have the wrong campground

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank gary4123
There are newer reviews for Butterfly Camping Resort

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I went there and they had a haunted walk through the woods and. It was great.. I was really surprised that it was so good.. Will be back.. The owners where very nice.. Had a very good time..I wish they had better games in the game room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Toak1607
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We just spent a wonderfull weekend at Butterfly. My wife and I took out 3 year old granddaughter and spent parts of three days in one of their deluxe cabins. The cabin was great - extremely clean and well constructed - quality was evident. The bathroom had a shower and was very easy to use. The sites seem very big with lots of room, even with your vehicle on the site. The common bathrooms and showers on the site were very clean and and as nice as I've ever seen in any campground. The camp store was well stocked and the staff - from the owners to all the extra help - were very friendly and accommodating.

There was a pond with fish (our granddaughter caught her first sunny after fising for about 30 seconds), frogs, turtles, etc. We found the "rules" to be the same as any campground, despite what other reviewers have mentioned.

All in all we had a great experience and will come back again. Our daughter and my wife's sister have camped here before and their recommendation was spot on.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Brian D
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was very uneasy about going camping 10 minutes from my house, but my niece and her family kept their camper here for the summer and they wanted us to come and her mom and boyfriend were coming with their camper also....We checked in on August 29, 2012 and stayed until Sept 3, 2012. I couldn't get over what a beautiful clean place. The owners Patti and Don were absolutely wonderful. Don was non stop cleaning the sites, I can't tell you how many times a day they cleaned the bathrooms, the pool was beautiful and the store was fully stocked. The maintenance was even awesome. My niece wanted to ride the coin operated ride but it wouldn't take the quarter, within seconds the maintenance man was there to fix it. Our campsite was very clean and spacious. All and all it was just a great weekend!!! We will be back there again!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Phyllis S
Reviewed September 1, 2012

In the beginning we loved the campground. We found the sites a little small and the "lake" is actually a swamp, but we loved the pool, the cleanliness of the washrooms and the hiking trail for the dogs. Unfortunately, part way through our stay we discover ticks all over the dogs (over 100). We treated the dogs, removed the ticks, and opted to stay of the hiking trail. We soon discovered that the ticks weren't only on the trail but all over our site. The dogs were covered again and I found 8 ticks on me. I had to go to the hospital for help with removal and my dog needed antibiotics. I have left 3 messages for the manager (Patti) but she refuses to speak to me. Apparently they don't feel the need to post warnings or spray the grounds. They also have ridiculous charges for late check-out and very poor management skills. They wouldn't even allow us to return a bundle of firewood after we opted to stay inside our camper to avoid the ticks. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS POORLY MANAGED RESORT UNLESS YOU WANT LYME DISEASE. The place should be re-named Tick Camping Resort.

Room Tip: There are ticks everywhere. Stay away to stay safe.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
12  Thank 1414_14
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Spending the weekend with grandparents and other family and we are having a great time. We had some rude campers near us yesterday and the staff enforceed the zero tolerance for that behavior. All other campers very nice. Showers, pool and everything is very clean. Will recommend to all of my fellow camper friends.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank campingfamily1023
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Cabin extremelly dirty, spider webs over the bunk beds, uncomfortable beds, dusty. Althougth we enjoyed the pool, everything else was terrible. Snack bar closed over the whole weekend in high pick season, mini golf close also. The owners kept yelling at the kids for small things like swimming with your shirt on... And the worst experience was the check out. We got mixed up about the time and were late 40 minutes. They wanted to charge extra. I asked if we could pay extra and use the pool a little longer, the answer was "NO, YOU HAVE TO LEAVE!". When I asked for a suggestion or complains box, I was told WE WERE NOT WELCOME THERE ANYMORE IF WE WANTED TO COMPLAIN! (gasp!). I've never experienced anything like that! Unprofessional, rude, specially Patty, probably one of the owners. Overall, horrible experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank sunnywestchester
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Hampton Inn & Suites Robbinsville
#1 of 2 in Freehold
Hampton Inn East Windsor
Hampton Inn East Windsor
#1 of 5 in East Windsor

Been to Butterfly Camping Resort? Share your experiences!