“excellent coaster park!”

Six Flags Great Adventure
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Jackson
More attraction details
Owner description: This park truly is a great adventure for the whole family, which features 100 rides, shows, special events and theme areas such as Boardwalk, Frontier Adventures, Fantasy Forest and Movietown.
Moorestown, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent coaster park!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I have been a season pass holder for a few years now. This is a great part for thrill riders as well as children of all ages. The park is always clean and the staff is helpful. Prices are a high on food and beverages so pack a lunch in your car. Sometimes the lines are long but it is better during the weekdays.

1 Thank Dave T

• Turkish first
Columbus, New Jersey
“A Great Adventure!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My daughters and I went to Six Flags Great Adventure on Saturday, May 10, 2014. From the moment we arrived we had smiles on our faces. We didn't wait long at the security gates and were greeted by a friendly singing security gate employee once we got up to the metal detector. If only all security lines could be this pleasant!! The ease of validating our season pass vouchers was much better than expected as well! I have been a lifelong resident on NJ and have come to Great Adventure since I was a small child. There have been many times when the crowd was quite seedy over the years. For this reason, I don't normally bring just my two daughters by myself but figured I'd give it a try because they are 4 and 7 now. I had no worries about safety or the crowd. The security staff was ample and it was not overcrowded. This was our best experience yet. The ride operators were actually very friendly, smiling and giving high-5s to young riders. I also was saddened that the safari would not longer be a drive-thru one. I completely understand why though. The past many years as a pass holder there would be days where I would just drive through with my daughters on a rainy or hot day. It never failed that someone would roll their window down and feed the animals French fries, Cheez Doodles or some other junk food. I am sad that I will no longer be able to experience the safari from the comfort of my own car, but I was pleasantly surprised, though, how well the ride along safari was. Our tour guide, Sarah, was very pleasant and gave lots of information to keep even my 4 year old attentive. It was a fun ride that I could enjoy a little more than the drive thru as well since I didn't have to keep my eyes open for roaming animals or other vehicles. At the pit stop there was a season pass dining included food stand, a gift shop, CLEAN bathroom, and some animals to meet. The baby lions were so adorable and there were tropical birds and reptiles, too. I was trying to take a picture of my daughters with Tank the Tortoise who was outside in a fenced in pen when one of the safari employees named Robert came over. He said "How about I pick Tank up so that you can see him up close and get a better picture?" My daughters loved this! This is the kind of extra attention I was not expecting. He told us all about Tank, too. Overall I was very impressed with our visit on Saturday and look forward to going a lot more this year than our past years as pass holders!

Vincentown, New Jersey, Usa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best to go before school is out”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We went on a Friday in May. There were no lines at all for the kid's rides so my son and I rode many rides. This works out great when you have a toddler that is still working on patience; he didn't need to wait at all. We did see a bunch of buses in the parking lot and teens getting off of them so I am sure the thrill rides had much longer lines. The sea lion show was spectacular. There are so many different forms of entertainment. It is worth having a season pass. The food is pricey but the park itself is very clean and has lots to do. The employees are very friendly and helpful. Great Adventure is a nice family stop.

1 Thank Heather L
Dover, Delaware
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“fun but eat elsewhere”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

lots to do, long lines( up to two hours on superman), VERY expensive food. We bring a picnic lunch and go to the car to eat. parking is $25.00. that was a shock. some of the clothing the girls wore are obscene so be prepared for for that..even though theres suppose to be dress codes. the safai trip is nice..dont sit at the back of the trucks!!! you will get an enormous amount of emissions in your face. some rides were down, again. get a season pass and do monthly payments.

1 Thank plurp8
New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“I can't say enough about how great this place is!”
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

From the amazing valuable price of season pass,cleanliness and friendliness of staff, as long as you pick the right day to go, you will be very pleased!

1 Thank Jr3td79