$68
$119
$95
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

$117
HIExpress.com
$68
$57
$55
$118
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $176/night.

$104
ExtendedStay
$152
$116
Hampton.com
All reviewsfront deskupgraded to a suiteoutdoor poolthe concierge loungemetropark train stationmarriott brandbusiness tripkona grillcomfy bedcomfortable hotelbreakfast buffetolio restaurantthis past weekendwould stay againroom was largemenlo park mallchecking in
Reviewed October 25, 2010

This is a fairly typical suburban hotel. Parking is free, there is a pool, and it has meeting space and ballrooms so it is used a lot for small conferences and wedding receptions, etc. The rooms are good sized, and have one window that will open a little. As part of the Marriott family, it is in theory all nonsmoking, but when I entered my room they had used that deoderizer that used to be common. However, I think they just spray on principle, which I wish they would not since the scent is annoying to me. If you are a smoker, there is a very nice outdoor lounge area with comfortable seating, right off the bar and near the entrance, so you are not isolated out near the trash cans or something.
My biggest complaint here was with the service in the dining room. It was atrocious. This is unfortunate because they have a pretty good chef, and their restaurant has a nice menu--not too expensive, but with some distinctive dishes. Fresh ingredients, and well prepared. For lunch, try the turkey sandwich on cranberry bread. The crab cakes at dinner are all crab, and as good as you will find in Baltimore (where I have had the best crab cakes consistently.)
The decor of this hotel is a little odd. They have gone for a modern international look, but in some cases it comes across as kind of tacky. It also does not wear well, in my opinion, so even though there was nothing actually worn in the hotel room I used, it just looked sort of tired.
Unlike other Renaissance hotels I have used, this one had none of that old world charm that I associate with that name. Normally they are in cities, and are in older buildings with a good deal of history. Not this one. It used to be a Sheraton, which pretty much describes the physical aspects.
Be aware that while they have wireless throughout, it costs even in the public areas.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
RenaissanceWdbrdgeGM, General Manager at Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2010

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel.

I greatly appreciate your comments on the areas that we could, should and and indeed, will improve on. Constructive criticism, such as yours is of great benefit to us in not only setting new standards, but also in monitoring those that we already assume to achieve.

I sincerely apologize for the poor service that you received in OLIO. There is and can be no excuse for poor service and I have challenged our restaurant manager today to move our service scores to the next level, as the service that you experienced is clearly not acceptable to you, our guest and definitely is not acceptable to us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not-too-distant future. Thank you again for your comments!

Bill Croke
General Manager.

Reviewed October 11, 2010

Booked two rooms with two beds for Saturday 10/09/10 night. Approached lobby at 9:00 P.M. with kids. There were no rooms available. Had to wait 40 minutes for the first room to checkin. Instead of second, they gave a suit with one bed and sofa bed. But bedsheets were missing. Requested bedsheets at 10:00 P.M. After second reminder bedsheets were delivered at 10:45 P.M. Could not sleep in soft bed either. Horrible customer service. Not a service we expect from Marriott chain. If you are travelling with family, this is not a place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank mounica
RenaissanceWdbrdgeGM, General Manager at Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2010

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention, both thru' Marriott and thru' TripAdvisor. There can be no excuse for the sleeper-sofa being unprepared for your children when we offered the suite as a means of getting your family accommodated quicker than we were able to get your second room ready and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that your family was caused as a result.
As you were aware, the hotel was 100% full on that evening and because of one group checking-out late, we had a delay in turning over their rooms.
I greatly appreciate your comments and hope that we can redeem our good name with you at some time in the future.

Bill Croke

Reviewed October 10, 2010

I stayed in room 424 10/9/10 to 10/10/10 with my husband for our 4th wedding anniversary (booked with the romantic package). We were upgraded to a jr suite and it was better then expected! We loved the dinner & next morning breakfast @ Olio restaurant (included in our package). It was great to have one night away from the kids alone in a luxury hotel! Monica was our reservation clerk and was so sweet. We plan to go back again soon! Ps the bed was extremely comfy!

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank mtanko1978
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Stayed overnight for a wedding on a Friday night. Lounge area & decor was beautiful, only bad thing is it close at 12 midnight...coming for a nearby wedding which ended at 11pm, and wanting to continue the celebration, when we got there the bar was closing. On the flip side, we were stil able to hang out in the lounge even though the bar was closed. We walked to a nearby TGIF, which closed @ 2am. before checking out in the morning, some in our party went to the indoor pool for a swim, and it was very clean. check-out was @ noon, but no one rush us out and checked out a little after 12... The only problem we had was getting there...we put the address on our GPS the address and city was listed as woodbridge, which is really Iselin, NJ, and we got lost. but found it in the end after being lost for 40 minutes...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SassyGee
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Great stay....have nothing to complain,pretty lobby ,room very spacious .even had a pullout sofa.Had a wonderful breakfast which was right on time.I will stay again.;)Requsted a high floor and got it.;)

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo