“Book Elsewhere”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Iselin
Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
“Book Elsewhere”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Poor experience. Room was not properly cleaned as there was evidence of the previous guest ordering room service. The website stated that the suite came with complimentary water. When I called down to concierge to enquirer I was informed that they do not offer such a thing. When I informed her that is stated this on their site she told me I was mistaken. If that wasn't enough one of the amenities was supposed to be a mini-refrigerator. This needed to be requested after I was checked into the room. The final topping on this whole experience was the room over near the desk was crawling with ants.Never again will I stay here nor will I recommend anyone to stay here. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I really liked this place. It had a great feel about it with contemporary decor and excellent service staff.
The breakfast area and food in the buffet was good and well priced. They even had a 'quick serve' breakfast area at the bar where you could grab a quick coffee, snack and take off.
This place is not really close to anything in particular but as I was working in Metropark was only a few minutes Taxi away from work or the Metropard train station.

The service was one of the best I have experienced where the reception remem bered my name and were able to assist me in all sorts of things. I really appreciated their excellent attention to customer service which really made the business stay a nice one.

The entry area was filled with great modern art and contemporary furniture.

There was a great Gymnasium with enclosed pool as well as an outdoor pool during the warmer months.

There was not a real view from my level 4 but I don't think any room had a good vista. Not to worry, i was there for work and not play.

Room Tip: A great place if you have a need to be near this venue.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We are frequently in mid Jersey to visit family and friends, and this time chose the Renaissance Woodbridge for location and price. A room on the 6th floor (upgraded because of Marriott Gold status) was a standard size dbl/dbl with incredible beds, fresh linens, and luxury towels. Black granite counters and floor in bathroom were shining. The club lounge on the 7th floor was included, and the breakfast on Friday was adequate. The Friday evening snacks were minimal. The lounge is closed on Saturday so a voucher for the breakfast buffet in Olio was a real pleasure. Excellent variety and quality of items; good service. All of the front desk Navigators were prompt to greet us each time we entered and always responded quickly to any questions. Built in the 1980's as a Sheraton, the makeover to the Renaissance brand is chic and thorough. Didn't use the indoor pool or gym, but both were above average in size and equipment.

Room Tip: Facing west with a view of the sunset, and away from the Rt. 1 traffic (well insulated so really had...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris Q, Manager at Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thanks for discovering us.Glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to you staying with us on your next Woodbridge adventure.

At your service
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have stayed here on numerous occasions over the years. On my most recent visit I noticed how much friendlier the front desk staff were. The shuttle service was also excellent.
The rooms are a little scruffy but have good beds and nice comforters. The pillows had improved since my previous visit. The room has no minibar and a very basic coffee maker. What I did like was the free wi-fi.
The bathrooms are similar to those in most chain hotels. I did like the towels however, and the toiletries include a small tube of toothpaste, which is useful.
The gym is good and the swimming pool looks inviting. The location next to a main highway can be both an advantage and disadvantage. There are restaurants nearby and a shopping mall within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Chris Q, Manager at Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for noticing the improvements to our service levels. We are glad you found the rooms comfortable. Please continue to let us know how we can make your stays better in the future
Tilburg, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

The Renaissance Woodbridge hotel is conveniently located next to US Route 1 not too far from Newark airport. The hotel is well equipped with pool and bar and a good restaurant is located in the front yard. Breakfast is sufficient and good Starbucks coffee is served. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Good beds! The bathroom also is comfortable and clean and good products are available. The hotel staff is great. Friendly, professional and swift. a Perfect choice should you need one in the region.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed here two nights on business.

Pro: Staff is very friendly.

Con: I wasn't totally happy with my room. The hotel itself seems to be from perhaps the 70s, with updating done. My room was mostly updated but the bathroom could have been better. The worst thing was the soap holder in the tub, which was a very outdated metal holder screwed into the wall (but coming loose). It seemed to be either rusty or very discolored. I would not put my bar of soap in it. It had nothing to do with the cleaning done by the maid because the room seemed very clean. However, the bathroom seemed to be in need of overall updating.

The ventilation system also could have been better, but this seems to be a fairly common problem in hotels.

Bed was comfortable. Very large flat screen TV. This was probably the first hotel room I've ever been in that did not have a clock radio. There was an iPod player but I couldn't see the time if I woke up at night. Very uncomfortable for me, but I probably should have just asked them to replace it with a clock radio. A colleague told me she had a clock radio in her room so I'm sure they would've switched it out if I'd asked.

I believe the hotel has a shuttle to take guests to nearby shops and restaurants. Do not walk to the Ruby Tuesday or TGIFriday's across the street. Front desk staff said it was walking distance--even though it was a short distance, it was dangerous crossing the street to get there. Even more dangerous after dark.

I would stay here again. The issues I encountered weren't bad enough to make me stay away.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Very interesting and exotic decor for a Marriott hotel....at first I wasn't sure what to think, but it started to grow on me, and after a day, I decided I really liked it... it has cool lighting, bold design and neat mood music. The restaurant and rooms have a very modern and sophisticated look. The only thing that really didn't work for me was the standard room sofa, which seemed more like a large inexpensive and uncomfortable futon (also, the solid color makes it hard to keep clean). The breakfast and lunch were excellent and the location is very convenient to restaurants, shopping, services and the Newark airport (about 20 minutes away). The staff is very efficient, but would help if they showed a little more care and empathy for the hotel's clients. The entry off US 1 is not well lit at night and quite abrupt, so go slow and be ready when it comes up....

Room Tip: Ask from room set back from US 1 for less traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Iselin
Apa Hotel Woodbridge
#1 of 4 in Woodbridge
Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge
Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center

Been to Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel? Share your experiences!