“No complaints.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Iselin
London, United Kingdom
“No complaints.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have stayed here on numerous occasions over the years. On my most recent visit I noticed how much friendlier the front desk staff were. The shuttle service was also excellent.
The rooms are a little scruffy but have good beds and nice comforters. The pillows had improved since my previous visit. The room has no minibar and a very basic coffee maker. What I did like was the free wi-fi.
The bathrooms are similar to those in most chain hotels. I did like the towels however, and the toiletries include a small tube of toothpaste, which is useful.
The gym is good and the swimming pool looks inviting. The location next to a main highway can be both an advantage and disadvantage. There are restaurants nearby and a shopping mall within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chris Q, Manager at Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for noticing the improvements to our service levels. We are glad you found the rooms comfortable. Please continue to let us know how we can make your stays better in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tilburg, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

The Renaissance Woodbridge hotel is conveniently located next to US Route 1 not too far from Newark airport. The hotel is well equipped with pool and bar and a good restaurant is located in the front yard. Breakfast is sufficient and good Starbucks coffee is served. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Good beds! The bathroom also is comfortable and clean and good products are available. The hotel staff is great. Friendly, professional and swift. a Perfect choice should you need one in the region.

New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed here two nights on business.

Pro: Staff is very friendly.

Con: I wasn't totally happy with my room. The hotel itself seems to be from perhaps the 70s, with updating done. My room was mostly updated but the bathroom could have been better. The worst thing was the soap holder in the tub, which was a very outdated metal holder screwed into the wall (but coming loose). It seemed to be either rusty or very discolored. I would not put my bar of soap in it. It had nothing to do with the cleaning done by the maid because the room seemed very clean. However, the bathroom seemed to be in need of overall updating.

The ventilation system also could have been better, but this seems to be a fairly common problem in hotels.

Bed was comfortable. Very large flat screen TV. This was probably the first hotel room I've ever been in that did not have a clock radio. There was an iPod player but I couldn't see the time if I woke up at night. Very uncomfortable for me, but I probably should have just asked them to replace it with a clock radio. A colleague told me she had a clock radio in her room so I'm sure they would've switched it out if I'd asked.

I believe the hotel has a shuttle to take guests to nearby shops and restaurants. Do not walk to the Ruby Tuesday or TGIFriday's across the street. Front desk staff said it was walking distance--even though it was a short distance, it was dangerous crossing the street to get there. Even more dangerous after dark.

I would stay here again. The issues I encountered weren't bad enough to make me stay away.

Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Very interesting and exotic decor for a Marriott hotel....at first I wasn't sure what to think, but it started to grow on me, and after a day, I decided I really liked it... it has cool lighting, bold design and neat mood music. The restaurant and rooms have a very modern and sophisticated look. The only thing that really didn't work for me was the standard room sofa, which seemed more like a large inexpensive and uncomfortable futon (also, the solid color makes it hard to keep clean). The breakfast and lunch were excellent and the location is very convenient to restaurants, shopping, services and the Newark airport (about 20 minutes away). The staff is very efficient, but would help if they showed a little more care and empathy for the hotel's clients. The entry off US 1 is not well lit at night and quite abrupt, so go slow and be ready when it comes up....

Room Tip: Ask from room set back from US 1 for less traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference this past weekend and while the hotel itself was nice, I had a few problems. First of all, as it was a large conference and it started in the morning, I didn't expect to check in early and so was not surprised when they asked me to store my baggage when I arrived at noon. That was fine. They told me to come back at 2 and I'd have a room. Came back at 2, and the girl said "yeah we're not checking anyone in right now. come back at 4. actually, even later would be better." No apology. I realize that the normal check in was 4, but if I was told 2, they could have at least apologized or explained. I was starting to get worried i'd even have a place to stay. At 4:45 I finally got a room.

The room had no safe which I thought was odd for a hotel that hosts conferences and business meetings...where was I supposed to securely store my laptop? I ended up lugging it around with me all day because I did not feel comfortable keeping it in the room. I've never been to a hotel in my life that didn't have an in-room safe. Bizarre.

At breakfast I was given a coffee cup that had lipstick stains on it and had to ask for a new one. Service at the hotel restaurant was extremely slow, even though it wasn't crowded at the time, but the food was good.

Overall I wasn't overly impressed mostly due to the service aspect, but the price was affordable and the lobby and common areas are nice and modern. Bed was comfy, too. My room was on the first floor and it was quiet. Hotel was extremely easy to find and right off the Garden State Parkway. I'll be back, only because this conference is held at the same hotel every year, so I don't have much of a choice!

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for many years, long before it was ever a Renaissance and always enjoy my stays as the staff are very pleasant.

I was a little concerned by a few things on this occasion which I did not appreciate. My room (208) just seemed older than other rooms. Not sure why as the bed itself was cosey but certainly around the bathroom and general room furniture it felt very dated even though the carpets and wall paper appeared the same as other rooms.

Also as floor 2 is just above the lobby the thumping lobby music was WAYYYYYY to loud. The management may think the hotel is a trendy nightclub but it is not! It is a place people come to rest and sleep. However I did appreciate the gentleman on the desk removing my room service from my bill by way as an apology but I would like to think that perhaps the management will take the initiative to just cut out the music altogether and leave it for the bar!

Otherwise I had a very comfortable stay and look forward to my return in the near future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor and well away from the lift lobby's. Also if it's summer i...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Gallipolis, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I was in NJ for business. My company has an office directly attached to this hotel so it was very convenient. My stay was nice, the room was clean, restaurant and bar were nice. Within walking distance to several nice restaurants. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Iselin
Apa Hotel Woodbridge
#1 of 4 in Woodbridge
Residence Inn Woodbridge Edison/Raritan Center
Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center

Been to Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel? Share your experiences!