“Nice Hotel for a visit” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Iselin
North Canton, Ohio
“Nice Hotel for a visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were attending a football game out of state, and decided to stay here. The rooms were clean, and the staff helpful. This hotel got it's upgrade from being a prior hotel, and after talking to many of the staff, they Love the new look, and some have worked there for many many years. Food is okay, very basic for a "buffet style". I would recommend this hotel for short stays.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Chris Q, Manager at Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stay here through work and need a good rest in preparation for work!
Twice now I have been given rooms I overlooking the pool where the noise comes from. Hotel fully a where of this but still put me in a room overlooking the pool!
If you need rest do not stay here!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Sorry that the noise from the pool bothered you. We did have a wedding ceremony out there the day you stayed. The reception was inside so it was ovr early. I apologize that we did not anticipate your needs when assigning a room.

in a full service hotel enviroment there is always the opportunity for noise especially during the day that can bother guests. We will always do our best to assign rooms in quieter hallways or sections based on guest requests. in the event that a situation is bothering guests that is out of our control we will always be happy to relocate your room to a quieter spot.

Thanks for your feedback

Travelers are raving about these Iselin hotels

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was tee for one night on a business trip. Staff is incredibly friendly. Being a frequent traveler I got the chance of being upgraded to a suite. Very big room, comfy bed.
However, loud old A/C unit, the kind tat will wake you up when it starts to un in the middle of the night.
Lobby has been renovated, but rooms are pretty old, hence the a/c . Caulk on bath tub/shower was old and had mold!
Also, rumor says is the perfect hotel for unfaithful spouses...

On a brighter note, food was good, however lounge food was bad, they had burnt chicken wings for afternoon apetizer...

Room Tip: Room 122 is a very quite suite with view to the parking lot and its all night on lights...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Chris Q, Manager at Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. I am glad everyone was friendly. We did get in that room right away and have recaulked the tub thanks to your observation.

I am sorry about the wings on the club level. My expectations is that the food is always restaurant quality. i will follow up to insure we have the proper checks and balances in place to provide the best product to our top customers in the lounge.

At your service
Olyphant, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay during the Labor Day weekend. The rooms at this hotel are very spacious, clean, and comfortable; the staff is friendly, helpful, and very nice to talk to. The pools were very nice, and clean [they have two, indoors and outdoors], cabanas, plenty of chairs and lounges, towels, and in the summertime, outside bar area. You can even order room service to be delivered out to the pool area. We spent plenty of time in the pools, both inside and out, and the temperature was very comfortable.
We had breakfast at the Olio Restaurant on both mornings, and opted for the buffet. This buffet is great, fresh omelets, fruit, cereals, pastries, and for a great price. The staff in the restaurant is very nice, and we spoke and laughed with many of them, two who remembers us from prior visits. The front desk staff is exceptionally nice, and always willing to assist with anything. The cleaning staff and maintance staff were also very nice, and always said hello every time we saw them.
The interior of this hotel is very modern, and actually very cool to look around at the paintings that are done, on sight. They are hung throughout the lobby and make sure a great conversation. I do not know much about the artist, but these paintings are exceptional.
This was about the fourth time my husband and I stayed at this hotel. We live in Northeastern PA, but both love the ocean. The last time we were at this hotel, the General Manager advised me of a closer beach, same distance from my home, but closer to the hotel, which was Long Branch, NJ. He was spot on! That beach is better for people like my husband and me, looking for a beach, and not a boardwalk. I am glad we listened to him, and went to Long Branch.
I would highly recommend this hotel, especially if you just want to get away for a couple of days. It is conveniently located, easy to get to, and has many restaurants within the hotel, as well as around the hotel. Looking forward to going back!

Room Tip: All rooms are very spacious, and comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Glad everything worked out so well. Come back and see us again soon. I will be happy to help you discover some other great local spots.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the hotel numerous time the staff are very pleasant and helpful. The rooms are adequate and some rooms have large walk in showers. During the summer their is a large pool party that occurs on Sundays they rent out the pool area to groups who bring in a live DJ it can be noisy, but the atmosphere is fun for adults. Their are 3-4 good restaurants in walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Glad you enjoyed the Hotel. We pride ourselves in being experts in the local area and are always happy to help someone discover a great new experience.
Based on feedback from our valued customers we discontinued the pool parties in August. We moved forward with a more family friendly platform.

Thanks for your business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed here twice now, the first time better than the second but still the best option in the area compared to the limited options.
First the hotel is modern and has a nice lobby, comfortable rooms, great bedding. Nice fitness room as well. The hotel is near a strip mall meaning you can walk over to some chain restaurants and a Japanese place. That is a big leg up on the dated Hilton. The hotel offers a shuttle service if your carless and taking the train to metro park. I found the pickup service spotty though and had to wait longer than desired (30 minutes). Its easier to get out of the hotel using the shuttle service if you sign up.
If your on the concierge level, the lounge is ok. The evening service wasnt great, food ok but the attendant was more interested in watching tv and chatting with colleagues. Morning was better. Decent breakfast too.
Noticed some noise from the adjacent room but having been to the Hilton, it was much better overall where the noise was a big problem for me.
THis hotel is decent, a little overpriced and service is underwhelming but again options limited.
Prior stay I gave four stars, slips a notch now.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
edsion
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

In terms of decor, not what you would expect for New Jersey, has more of a New York feel! Rooms nice and clean, easy location. Breakfast and presentation was great. Only issue was lunch on the banquet side. Sandwiches were served, only two slice of meat on bread??? Also, the FATTIEST roast beef I ever saw.. How does that even make It out of the kitchen ???

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Chris Q, General Manager at Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Glad you enjoyed the look and feel of the Hotel. Check out the artists work that you saw hanging at banegesstudios.com. he was a great discovery for me.

I am really sorry about the lunch. i will follow up with my catreing team. if you would like to contact me at the hotel i will set you up with a really nice lunch or dinner in our restaurant as my guest.

at your service
Also consider these accommodations in or near Iselin
APA Hotel Woodbridge
Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge
Courtyard Edison Woodbridge
Residence Inn Woodbridge Edison/Raritan Center
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center

Been to Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel? Share your experiences!