“No complaints”

Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Iselin
Reviewed May 28, 2008

I only spent one night, but was pleased with the room, work desk, and especially the free wireless internet.

Upon checking in they said I was scheduled to arrive the night before, but that didn't prove to be a problem. (Note: The hotel was picked for me by the business I was visiting and so I don't know where the problem originated.)

• Stayed: May 2008

Reviewed April 11, 2008

I have to tell you, I have stayed at various Sheraton locations in the past so I was going into my stay with certain expectations. The entire process turned into a bigger and bigger headache and now I am waiting for someone to correct an inaccurate amount charged to my credit card!

There were so much incompetence with respect to booking my stay, making my stay comfortable and finalizing my final bill. All this drama for a one night stay!

The worst things: Did not get the large room for 4 adult guests that I reserved at least a month in advance. Although the suite I finally received was generally ok, it did not comfortably accomodate all of my guests. I was mislead as to the hotels services and amenities - including no fridges in rooms. When they brought one up it was old and crappy - althouh functional. The toilet handle did not work properly. Housekeeping was not availabel when needed to set up the cot the fron desk offered or to make up the sofa bed.

Getting the included continetal breakfast turned out to be a headache - who would have figured that. And then on top of it the hotel charged me. So after disputed that on the morning of check out the manager was very accomodating and took additonal money off of the bill. But wait, here is the kicker, they freakin' over charged me on my credited the exact amount I paid them in cash priot to departing the hotel. Not to mention there was this crazy guy that worked there who though it was funny to flirt in front on the front desk and say "I can get your number. I can find out where you live." Are you freaking kidding me???

NEVER AGAIN! Who expects this kind of stay from one night in the Sheraton? And mind you I was planning to book future events there with large groups of people...Hell no. So, although the manager said they are working on training issues and such, I cannot be bothered. So if anyone stays there overnight in the future better you than me. I wish you the best.

• Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank scorpiamlj
Reviewed March 21, 2008

We stayed (4 adults) for one night in early February, as we had a family function to attend. I chose this hotel because we are able to use points, it had gotten good reviews, and because of the location to where he had to go.

Check in was very easy, and the staff was very helpful. We arrived late but was able to eat and have a few drinks at the bar, which had been open late. Expensive, as to be expected at a hotel, but the food was good.

Our room was a bit better than standard, with two double beds. It was very clean, as was the bathroom. It fit the four of us as well as can be expected for a standard room, and it was decorated nicely.

Would stay again if needed a good hotel in the area.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2008

Contacted hotels directly on the starwood site and it indicated there were no rooms available. Went out to hotels.com and there were plenty of rooms. When I got there they indicated that they were about 50% occupied. Found that interesting. The restaurants are over priced and not very good. Rooms are usual Sheraton rooms - comfortable enough. They have a nicer pool than the Hilton. It's less crowded and a bit nicer than the Hilton (not as Crazy). Although- I prefer to stay at the Hilton - the prices are similar and the location and convenience of it is better for me - although they are only about a mile apart.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2007

The Woodbrigde Sheraton quite simply does the job it set out to do; namely, accommodate travellers making use of Newark airport pre- or post-flight. There are often quite a few conventions/weddings going on here which I've always found quite surprising but I guess the location in proximity to EWR is handy, and should you happen to reside in the NJ area it's probably a good place to hold your reception!

I tend to find the standard decor of Sheraton rooms a little dark and gloomy and the Woodbridge is no exception. Rooms are comfortably furnished in the typical Sheraton style and mine featured two king-sized beds so was very spacious. There were two lounge chairs and plenty of working space, along with a perfectly adequate-sized wardrobe/closet. The bathroom is quite small and as has been said elsewhere on here, the level of the shower head is very low, so be prepared to do some limbo-dancing to get your head underneath if you are of any height at all!
The room would ideally accommodate a family/group stopping over before a flight the next morning. As always, I'd love a mini-refrigerator but Sheraton don't even provide a minibar, and as the ice machine on my floor wasn't working it meant drinks at room temperature unfortunately!

Just a couple of things to note. The housekeeping is not as great as it could be - my room looked very much as though it had been given just a quick 'once over' but nothing more - e.g. the toilet paper left shredded, small pieces of litter on the carpets, bed made in a hurry.
There is no 24h room service in the hotel - it stops at 11pm. I feel this is a little short-sighted when a lot of their guests will be coming and going at odd hours to catch flights etc. Dining options close-by are not great, (chain restaurants, a KFC etc.) and the location right by a busy road, (no pavements/sidewalks!), means taking a cab to get anywhere. The hotel operates a shuttle van on request to the Woodbrige Mall across the way, the Menlo Park Mall (more upscale) and other local destinations so make use of it...there's a Cheesecake Factory at Menlo Park, (ALWAYS busy so plan ahead!) and a Benihana nearby if all else fails!
This hotel is not designed to be a 'destination' property but will meet your needs if you want to be guaranteed a certain standard and need some comfortable familiarity which a brand like Sheraton can bring. Fine for a night or two.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2007

We stayed two nights while I had business in NYC. Getting into the city was very easy. We only had to use a cab one time. The room was clean, comfortable and up-to-date as far as furnishing and decor. My only complaint is that for the price, I think they should offer a free breakfast. There are no breakfast options within walking distance of the hotel and room service is...well, room service (i.e. $14 for one oatmeal and one cereal).

The free shuttle is great, but be sure to reserve it way in advance!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2007

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and when I come to this area again I will stay at the Marriott Courtyard instead. The website claims that it has been voted the best hotel in Central Jersey but fails to mention that the police have deemed it unsafe to use their parking lot. The first mention of this is when you go through the doors (not automatic doors which is frustrating with luggage) and they have computer generated signs telling you the parking lot is not safe. When you get to your room you are once again greeted by a special note from management strongly discouraging you from leaving anything in your car as the police have had a number of thefts in this parking lot and the hotel of course is not responsible for that. The hotel could hire a security guard at least temporarily but apparently has decided to not invest in that for its customers. Because of that I will stay in safer areas and not this hotel in future visits to the area.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Iselin
Apa Hotel Woodbridge
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center
Hampton Inn Woodbridge
Hampton Inn Woodbridge
#1 of 4 in Woodbridge

Been to Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel? Share your experiences!