$68
$95
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $107/night.

$117
HIExpress.com
$68
$57
$55
$145
$122
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

$104
Hotels.com
$179
$152
Priceline
$134
$116
Hampton.com
All reviewsfront deskupgraded to a suiteoutdoor poolthe concierge loungemetropark train stationbusiness tripkona grillcomfy bedcomfortable hotelbreakfast buffetolio restaurantthis past weekendwould stay againroom was largemenlo park mallchecking incleaning staff
Reviewed December 15, 2011

large rooms, fitness center, indoor pool, a good restaurant, right price: that's what I need when traveling on business. I always stop at this hotel when I'm in NJ

Room Tip: all large rooms, 7th floow is executive... close to the VIP lounge
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
RenaissanceWdbrdgeGM, Director of Rooms at Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Hi Vecchio59,

Thank you for your recent visit to the cool and chic Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel. We are delighted to have had an opportunity to have you stay with us. Our team works hard every day to ensure you are having a wonderful experience during every aspect of your stay with us. We thank you for your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future again.

Reviewed December 14, 2011

I hadn't stayed in this hotel in the past but decided to give it a try based on a great weekend rate. The hotel is located basically across the street from the Woodbridge Center Mall.

I arrived early and went to check in to a room on the Club Floor. Imagine my surprise when the light in the door turned yellow, indicating that the dead bolt had been engaged. Back down to the front desk for a room change. I was upgraded to a suite which was nice enough-living room, bathroom, 2 TVs with a so-so selection of channels and a comfy king sized bed.

Once in my room, I put the do not disturb sign on the door. Less than 5 minutes later, someone knocked to deliver the refrigerator. Well...there was a DND sign on the door-that means DO NOT DISTURB. A bit later, with the sign STILL on the door, someone knocked AGAIN-this time to bring towels. Again, if there is a sign...DO NOT KNOCK! Really annoying as I was trying to nap.

I decided to try and eat dinner in the hotel. I sat in the restaurant-I was the ONLY customer. The music was so loud I couldn't hear myself think, could not hear the waiter and he could not hear ME! I told him the music was too loud, he said there wasn't anything he could do. I got up and walked out.

Incidentally, he was leaning on the host stand chewing gum and reeked of stale cigarette smoke when I arrived. This does NOT fly in a Marriott-branded hotel.

I slept fairly well though the heat is LOUD and I had to get up a couple times to adjust the temperature. As a Marriott Platinum I was given breakfast coupons but wound up not using them as I was feeling ill in the morning. However, that would have been nice as very few properties still give breakfast coupons to Elite members anymore-though with the loudness in the restaurant I am not sure I'd have been happy.

The hotel is near 2 big malls and a LOT of restaurants including Kona Grill in front (EXPENSIVE!), TGIF, Olive Garden, Houlihan's, Red Lobster and more. Plus I think that they have a shuttle for the local area, though no one bothered to tell me.

Parking was free and plentiful, internet was fast but is not free as a rule. The staff was reasonably nice, but not overly so, and frankly at one point too many Front Desk agents were standing around doing nothing.

I don't think I'd go back based on the noise level in the restaurant and the bad start-there is NO excuse for checking someone into an occupied room. Apparently the guest went back in after the room was cleaned-who knows but they really were not apologetic, more like, "oh well..oops..." The manager did call my room however, which was nice, though at that point, the damage was done.

If you're in the area, it is an acceptable hotel without major flaws. It just wasn't one of my favorites.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo

Dear cruisermeg,

Thank you for your recent stay at the cool and chic Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel. We are so delighted to have had a chance to meet your accommodations needs.

Our team works very hard to ensure our guest’s are having a wonderful and delightful experience during the entire course of their stay. I am so sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. I want to reach out to you on behalf of the entire team and let you know that it is our intention is to create a wonderful memory for you and your experience with us is truly not our norm.

Guest satisfaction is our utmost goal and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future again. We will ensure you leave us with a wonderful experience!

Reviewed December 9, 2011

Remarkably stressful stay at this hotel. I booked two rooms nearly a month in advance for a business trip, but when I arrived (a few hours before my colleague) I was told they were sold out and that I had the "last clean room". They could only offer me a ground floor room that smelled of smoke, immediately adjacent to the parking lot (the view from the window was the entry portico and the sounds of all the cars and busses arriving).
When I asked about the room for my colleague, they repeated "we don't have any clean rooms" and didn't offer any options.
I called Marriott to try to sort out the problem, and after several minutes on hold, they told me that there was no problem. My colleague had a room, just as expected.
I was told there had been a "misunderstanding". I'm really not clear on what I misunderstood, but at least my colleague had a room - a room much better than mine, in fact.
That night I tried to eat at the restaurant, Olio. I had to hunt down a host to seat me, then waited 20 minutes (not an exaggeration, I actually began to time it) with no waiter.
This is when a few excellent staff members stepped in to try to fix things. A bartender, Alejandro, and Maureen from the restaurant, insisted on taking care of me and made sure I got to eat.
These two deserve special commendation for their gracious hospitality.
The property itself is relatively nice; it appears to have been remodeled recently. It has the newer Renaissance decor, which is a little exuberant for my tastes, but it's well done.
The rooms have been superficially redone, but the hotel still shows its age in things like the HVAC in the rooms. My colleague's room had the paint peeling from the shower ceiling, but I did see that they were repainting other rooms when I was checking out, so hopefully this will be fixed.
My room didn't have the amenities replaced the first night, so no bath soap or shampoo (Aveda amenities are one of the reasons I like most Renaissance properties). The second day, the shampoo and bath soap appeared, but they didn't replace the towels and washcloths. There were still towels and washcloths, just not as many as before. Very odd.

I can't say it's a bad hotel, but I did have a bad experience. Had Alejandro and Maureen not stepped up to try to fix it, I would have no reason to return and would strongly advise others not to either. As it is, I caution other travellers.

Room Tip: Dont accept a ground floor room: loud and mine must have previously been a smoking room. Check the bathroom for peeling paint and that they have replenished towels and amenities.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Hi abgwin,

Thank you for your recent stay at the cool and chic Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel. We are so excited to have you stay with us at the hotel. Thank you for talking the time to share your stay experience with us.

Our staff is very dedicated to ensuring that we create a wonderful memory for all our guests during every aspect of the guest stay with us. Guest satisfaction is of utmost importance to us and we take our guest comments and feedback to assist us in proving a very good stay experience. I do apologize for your concerns during your recent stay with us. I wanted to reach back to you on behalf of all our team as this is truly not our norm.

We want to welcome you back to the hotel. I can ensure you that you will have a wonderful stay with us. We hope to see you back with us in the near future again.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a week for a business trip and found the room clean and comfortable. I particularly liked the bed and the pillows. I couldn't get the TV remote to work and kept forgetting to ask. I wish the internet access was free. The food in the restaurant was decent. Liked the colorful decor in the lobby and restaurant even though my colleagues called it "Vegas" and "Liberace". I thought the funny chairs in the lobby were cool.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Dear yolsgaard,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the cool and chic Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel. I want to thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us.

Our team looks forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

I stayed at the Renaissance Woodbridge this week for a 2 night business visit in the area. The Hotel reception is nicely done, modern decoration, the bar alike. Unfortunately I found the reception being understaffed and therefore not only waited a bit longer than expected on check-in, but buying a bottle of water and a chocolate bar took me 15 minutes wait to pay. The rooms are basic standard but clean, the internet connection working well and quick enough.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business