$77
$129
$75
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

$112
ExtendedStay
$129
$131
Priceline
All reviewsfront deskupgraded to a suiteoutdoor poolthe concierge loungemetropark train stationbusiness tripkona grillcomfy bedcomfortable hotelbreakfast buffetolio restaurantthis past weekendwould stay againroom was largemenlo park mallchecking incleaning staff
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Remarkably stressful stay at this hotel. I booked two rooms nearly a month in advance for a business trip, but when I arrived (a few hours before my colleague) I was told they were sold out and that I had the "last clean room". They could only offer me a ground floor room that smelled of smoke, immediately adjacent to the parking lot (the view from the window was the entry portico and the sounds of all the cars and busses arriving).
When I asked about the room for my colleague, they repeated "we don't have any clean rooms" and didn't offer any options.
I called Marriott to try to sort out the problem, and after several minutes on hold, they told me that there was no problem. My colleague had a room, just as expected.
I was told there had been a "misunderstanding". I'm really not clear on what I misunderstood, but at least my colleague had a room - a room much better than mine, in fact.
That night I tried to eat at the restaurant, Olio. I had to hunt down a host to seat me, then waited 20 minutes (not an exaggeration, I actually began to time it) with no waiter.
This is when a few excellent staff members stepped in to try to fix things. A bartender, Alejandro, and Maureen from the restaurant, insisted on taking care of me and made sure I got to eat.
These two deserve special commendation for their gracious hospitality.
The property itself is relatively nice; it appears to have been remodeled recently. It has the newer Renaissance decor, which is a little exuberant for my tastes, but it's well done.
The rooms have been superficially redone, but the hotel still shows its age in things like the HVAC in the rooms. My colleague's room had the paint peeling from the shower ceiling, but I did see that they were repainting other rooms when I was checking out, so hopefully this will be fixed.
My room didn't have the amenities replaced the first night, so no bath soap or shampoo (Aveda amenities are one of the reasons I like most Renaissance properties). The second day, the shampoo and bath soap appeared, but they didn't replace the towels and washcloths. There were still towels and washcloths, just not as many as before. Very odd.

I can't say it's a bad hotel, but I did have a bad experience. Had Alejandro and Maureen not stepped up to try to fix it, I would have no reason to return and would strongly advise others not to either. As it is, I caution other travellers.

Room Tip: Dont accept a ground floor room: loud and mine must have previously been a smoking room. Check the bathroom for peeling paint and that they have replenished towels and amenities.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
RenaissanceWdbrdgeGM, Director of Rooms at Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Hi abgwin,

Thank you for your recent stay at the cool and chic Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel. We are so excited to have you stay with us at the hotel. Thank you for talking the time to share your stay experience with us.

Our staff is very dedicated to ensuring that we create a wonderful memory for all our guests during every aspect of the guest stay with us. Guest satisfaction is of utmost importance to us and we take our guest comments and feedback to assist us in proving a very good stay experience. I do apologize for your concerns during your recent stay with us. I wanted to reach back to you on behalf of all our team as this is truly not our norm.

We want to welcome you back to the hotel. I can ensure you that you will have a wonderful stay with us. We hope to see you back with us in the near future again.

Evelyn Xavier

Reviewed November 18, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a week for a business trip and found the room clean and comfortable. I particularly liked the bed and the pillows. I couldn't get the TV remote to work and kept forgetting to ask. I wish the internet access was free. The food in the restaurant was decent. Liked the colorful decor in the lobby and restaurant even though my colleagues called it "Vegas" and "Liberace". I thought the funny chairs in the lobby were cool.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Dear yolsgaard,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the cool and chic Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel. I want to thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us.

Our team looks forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Evelyn Xavier

Reviewed November 16, 2011

I stayed at the Renaissance Woodbridge this week for a 2 night business visit in the area. The Hotel reception is nicely done, modern decoration, the bar alike. Unfortunately I found the reception being understaffed and therefore not only waited a bit longer than expected on check-in, but buying a bottle of water and a chocolate bar took me 15 minutes wait to pay. The rooms are basic standard but clean, the internet connection working well and quick enough.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We have stayed in this hotel for two days but fall in love with it. This hotel is highly recommended considering excellent location, nice view, clean rooms and lobby , friendly employees as well as very decent looking lounge. We had a great time and would def stay there again. Big Thumbs up!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
RenaissanceWdbrdgeGM, Director of Rooms at Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Dear Friends_rinkoo,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel for your travels. We are so delighted to have you with us and are excited to hear about your stay experience. Thank you for your kind comments about your stay. Our team is dedicated to ensuring your experience with us is nothing but fabulous!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Team at Renaissance Woodbridge.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

I stayed at this property several years ago and it has been upgraded. I agree it now beats the Hilton except no free health club.. The rooms were very clean and nicely furnished with trendy decor and the bed was very comfortable. Rxercise area and pool seemed fine tho I did not use. The staff were friendly and helpful. My rate included breakfast and it was great with freshly made omelets , fresh fruit, etc. Wifi is not free. Would stay again for sure.

Room Tip: Try to get upper floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank grover33Raleigh_NC

Hi grover33Raleigh_NC,

Thank you for your kind comments about your stay experience at the Renaissance Woodbridge. We are glad our newly renovated guest rooms enhanced your travel experience. Complimentary access to our heath club, indoor and out door pool as well as shuttle service are the perks of choosing the Renaissance! Our room packages with breakfast included is a great option to try our made to order eggs by Chef Alfredo! Complementary internet access is made available to our guest through our business center and Wifi packaging is available for in room internet access.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Team at the Renaissance