“Hilton”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Iselin
Evans Mills, United States
“Hilton”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Great service, excellent food, wonderful place to stay. Used several of the facilities, including the gym (many machines to work on compared to other places) and the breakfast (menu had abundant choices and they changed somewhat from day to day).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank David K
dan_deliausc, Front Office Manager at Apa Hotel Woodbridge, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
I want to thank you for the kind words about our health club and breakfast options. We try our very best to make all of our guest's stay the best it can be. We hope to see you in the future.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Second time staying here. There are several restaurants in-house. Received a voucher for a free breakfast at check-in. Service at supper was very slow even though they did not seem busy. Food was OK though. Breakfast was really nice. Definitely a cut above Hampton Inn. Eggs to order and a large assortment of food and drink. Room was quiet. Will gladly return here some time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank S B
dan_deliausc, Front Office Manager at Apa Hotel Woodbridge, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to let us know how your stay was. We take all comments and us then as tools to train our staff to be the best they can be. Again I want to thank you for your comments and have a great day.

Dan D'ELia
Robbinsville, NC
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel could use improvement in service and quality. The noise level in the conference rooms and in the rooms at night is poor and the restaurant service is very slow. They offered me a complimentary dessert because of something that was wrong in the room. I ordered a lava cake with ice cream, when they finally brought it it was just the cake because they said they had run out of ice cream! They did not even call to see if I wanted to change my order.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Robbinsville_NCGypsy
dan_deliausc, Front Office Manager at Apa Hotel Woodbridge, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We try our best very to make every guest stay the best it can be. I am sorry you did not get the very best service. I will pass this information on to my restaurant manager and we will use this as a training tool so it will not happen again.

Garwood, New Jersey
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had my wedding reception here-good time had by all and the food was abundant and excellent. Location was very convenient for family and friends who had to travel. Bridal suite was very spacious and comfortable. Had breakfast buffett the next morning for the guests who stayed over. Food was good and staff was very friendly. Only issues were forwarded via Hilton survey I filled out after the reception and pertained to wedding facilities as opposed to hotel amenities. (Ex. No signage as to where reception was being held. Guests who inquired were shown internal Hilton memo regarding what was going on that evening.)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JerseyGirl1718
I have read over your comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Woodbridge. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and congratulations on your wedding. It seems like the reception went well. Our banquet staff is top notch I think. Again I want to thank you for your response and have a great honeymoon.

Mystic, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2014

A welcoming hotel with a most comfortable lobby, where meals are available all day. It is in a quiet office building park. There are extremely convenient connections to railroads, NJ Turnpike, Garden State Pkwy and US Route 1.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Lee V
dan_deliausc, Front Office Manager at Apa Hotel Woodbridge, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
We at the Hilton Woodbridge try our very best to make sure all of our guests stays are the best they can be. I see you have enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.

Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I just recently stayed here for a business trip for three nights. The location is convenient for getting back and forth to the office and was the primary reason the company booked the hotel for attendees. Check-in was quick and as a Hilton loyalty member I received two bottles of water. Up to the eighth floor to find my room. There are several floors between the lobby and the top floor that are offices. The elevator is slow and dated, but there are usually four running at once, so at least you don't have wait long.

I asked for a quiet room and got moved from a king room to a double to accommodate the request. My room overlooked the seventh floor ventilation so I had to run the fan to counteract the outside noise. While the a/c unit is old, the temperature control panel is digital and works really easily for setting air and heat and the fan. The beds were okay, not too lumpy, but not exceptional. I appreciated the variety of pillows provided and the comforter was just the right thickness level. The desk in the room was well situated for getting work done and the wireless worked perfectly throughout the hotel. The bathroom is dated, but was very clean. Nice amenities that were replenished when they ran out. The shower heated up quickly and the pressure wasn't bad for a hotel. I think the door is a little awkwardly placed since leaving it open blocks the shower or the toilet somewhat.

I ordered room service twice. For dinner, I ordered a turkey wrap which was delivered a little later than quoted and was a good amount of food for me. It was one of the healthy choices and the terra chips that came with it were quite tasty. I also ordered breakfast too, eggs Benedict which was delivered on time and was tasty and warm. I came down to the cafe for a late 9pm dinner one night and was quite disappointed. I ordered a Cobb salad, but the salad was mostly plain iceberg chunks (stems too), and the chicken was so dry I had to cut it into small pieces and soak it in the dressing to eat it. The dressing was a balsamic vinaigrette, but when it arrived, it had separated into oil and vinegar and while I tried to whip it up, it fell short of my expectations. I hope this was due to the late hour, but I would not order a salad from here.

The gym is nicely equip with lots of cardio equipment on the top level and weights on the second. Towels and disinfectant wipes are provided. Like the staff at the front desk, the staff at the gym were very nice and accommodating. The shuttle driver was also very friendly and drove my colleagues and I to the office with our luggage since the day we checked out it was raining. He offered to set-up transportation to the airport, but we already made arrangements. Overall the hotel is an average Hilton, with good customer service, it's outdated and the cafe is not a good choice for a late dinner, but it works for a general business stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the elevators if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jennifer S
Thank you for taking your time to let us know how your stay at the Hilton Woodbridge was. We take any comments about our hotel very important. Anything a guest has to say either good or bad is a tool that we use to make our guest next stay the best it can be.
I want to thank you first for the nice comments about my front desk and shuttle driver. One thing we as a front desk that have complete control over is how we treat each and every guest. We try to make all guest stay the best they can be from a customer service side. I would like to apologize about the noise coming from the room, and the cobb salad you had. I will pass those issues to the correct department so they can be looked at and changed. Again I want to thank you for your response and hope to see you again at the Hilton Woodbridge.

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

To me this is really just a 2.5 star hotel. I stayed here for 3 nights. Tour agency assigned us this hotel. Except for friendly and outstanding customer service, i dont find this hotel to be of hilton's standard. It is really really an old hotel. You can see from the decor, it seems like a museum. The lift is creeeepy. Im actually scared of going in as it is soo old and moves up and down like a snail. And im really amazed that hotel of hilton's standard uses mass produced pre-built showers and bath tub. Plus, the dude installed it wrongly. Water is cold when it is supposed to be hot and vice versa.
The bed is also not very comfortable as it is too bouncy and too springy to our taste.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Chaluqs
dan_deliausc, Front Office Manager at Apa Hotel Woodbridge, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to let us know how your stay at the Hilton Woodbridge was. We are very happy you enjoyed the customer service here. This is one thing that we as employees have complete control over. I will pass on about your concerns about the look of the hotel to my general manager.

Front office Manager

Travelers are raving about these Iselin hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Iselin
Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel
No photo provided
Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge
Hampton Inn Woodbridge
Hampton Inn Woodbridge
#1 of 4 in Woodbridge
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center
Residence Inn Woodbridge Edison/Raritan Center

Been to Apa Hotel Woodbridge? Share your experiences!