“Great Hotel - poor breakfast for tour groups”

Apa Hotel Woodbridge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Iselin
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great Hotel - poor breakfast for tour groups”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed in this hotel last month during our trip to US Canada. Its a very good hotel, clean, comfortable. However, we were a part of a tour group. The Tour company had probably arranged for the group to be served breakfast separately, and the hotel did that. Of course this is probably the tour company's fault, but then the poor quality of the breakfast reflects on the hotel too. There was no bread or cereals or fruits even. It left a bad impression on us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed on a Friday and Saturday...Can't complain about anything. Hotel was a great place to stay, just what I would expect from a Hilton. Rooms were clean. Only complaint I had was specific to our room location. We backed up to the elevator and the ice machine was steps away from our door. Needless to say, it was a little noisy. We probably would have been accommodated if we had asked to change our room but since we had just got off a 10 hour flight from Europe, had a SNAFU with our rental car out of JFK and had to take a shuttle to Newark to get a car (at 10PM) we were exhausted. Next time...I will make sure our room isn't near the elevator.

Room Tip: Ask where the room is in regard to the elevator and stay at the other end!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed one night at this hotel and booked the wrong day. They were very Professional and gracious in handling the change of date. It was a stress free experience. Arrived at the hotel the check in was painless as well being there was so sort of event so the check in line was crazy. Hotel was very clean. My room was clean and over sized. They had a night club type room in the hotel which had a live band play. Reasonable priced! Overall great experience I will stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Long Island, NY
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We are from NY but had a wedding in NJ and wanted to stay overnight. Hilton Woodbridge was the closest to the facility but we couldn't have been happier with the hotel. It is just off the Garden State Parkway and easy to find. It took me longer to chose what flavor juice I wanted from their gift shop, then to check in. We were happy to receive a room upgrade, especially since we had our daughter with us. A larger room made the stay even more comfortable. Our visit included a buffet breakfast, which was very nice. There was a wonderful variety of cooked and cold items. There were also choices for children to enjoy. The check-out was even quicker then check-in ! I found the beds and pillows to be very comfortable. I am only mentioning that because I had read someone else's comments. Overall, it is a beautiful and well kept hotel that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank EnjoyyourlifeX0X
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed last week at this Hilton. Very nice property. Used points for my stay and was upgraded to one of the larger rooms. Nice view - could even see NYC from my room. Staff was excellent and accommodating. Walking distance of the Metropark Amtrak and NJT Station but they do have a shuttle service there as well as within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. Had breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Service was friendly and efficient - I didn't see any waffles and they went to the kitchen and fixed me one. The food was excellent!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Great location. Ample parking. The staff was extremely kind and service oriented. The room was very comfortable and loved the walk in shower. I was pleasantly surprised that the food ordered from room service was not expensive. Love the place and will return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Just completed a 2-night stay at this property. It was chosen due to its proximity to my work location. Ample parking outside the hotel, check-in was efficient. The lobby area is nicely appointed, with several areas for food & drink. I had a room on the 9th floor near the elevator, which was convenient after a long day at work.

The room was large with a king-bed, easy chair, small desk & office chair, and larger-than-normal LCD TV. Bathroom seemed to be average (or maybe slightly smaller than average).

The room decoration was plain, and room cleaniness was OK. I was not impressed with the bed - rather soft, and the assortment of pillows were not too my liking either. Also, one morning around 4am, I was awoken by a loud noise in the walls near the bathroom. Not sure what caused it, but sounded like someone was taking a long shower.

Finally, the price of the room was pretty high - nearly two Ben Franklins per night after tax - for what I got.

If not for the proximity to my office, I'd probably choose another hotel if working (or visiting) in this area again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Iselin
Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge
Courtyard Edison Woodbridge
Hampton Inn Woodbridge
Hampton Inn Woodbridge
#1 of 4 in Woodbridge
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center
Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center

Been to Apa Hotel Woodbridge? Share your experiences!